Author Topic: OOC Observations  (Read 2012 times)

Ebon Ilnaren

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
OOC Observations
« on: July 23, 2014, 10:57:28 PM »
So, here it is!  This is my first stab at a story folder, and I hope not to disappoint.   :smile:

There will be other, more specific OOC threads... locations, cast of characters, probably a music thread, etc.  This one, however, is for anyone who wants to comment, or ask questions, or just say "Hi" now and then!  So please feel free!

As for stories, well, I've got Azure's intro to finish up, and then there's Tenball's tale.  Then it'll be time to delve into Ebon's backstory.   :cool:

Anyway, thanks for stopping by!

PrlUnicorn

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 10:59:52 PM »
Congrats on the folder! I look forward to reading more! :)

Knightfall

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 02:45:29 PM »
Thanks, and congratulations to yourself as well~! :D For some reason I thought your folder was older, then I got to looking around at who my folder neighbors were, as it were lol

Cheers~!
[color=darkred:8d169d8f3d][i:8d169d8f3d]A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
-Mark Twain[/color:8d169d8f3d][/i:8d169d8f3d]

Rhiannon Brock

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 04:11:04 PM »
Looking forward to more of Ebon's Origin story.
"The definition of hero never included anything about age." RDB

Claire Gallows

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 01:25:53 AM »
[quote:300087bc8f="Rhiannon Brock"]Looking forward to more of Ebon's Origin story.[/quote]

I second this! Love it so far!
The legends all say different things
She's a cruel incarnation of death
A merciful angel of the afterlife
A deity without divine power
[img:438b4cce11]http://i.imgur.com/ouCK0ZB.gif[/img:438b4cce11]

Ebon Ilnaren

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 02:06:19 AM »
[quote:75ce14444e="Claire Farron"][quote:75ce14444e="Rhiannon Brock"]Looking forward to more of Ebon's Origin story.[/quote]

I second this! Love it so far![/quote]
Thank you both!  :)  Parts I and II were written years ago but never posted, so I'm glad they held up well.  The bulk of Part III was originally written as a dream sequence (which appeared in Old Ghosts & Vengeance), so I just had to make sure they matched.  From here on, though, it's all new.

I have tweaked part III, though, changing the sub-title from "Hope" to "Found" and editing the end a bit.

Toby

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 10:21:08 PM »
Enjoying very much. :)
[i:6a718d686c]"Dogs - even mad dogs - fight, and the losing dog, if he can, runs away.
But no wolf runs. For a wolf wins every fight but one, and in that one he dies.''[/i:6a718d686c] -Gordon R. Dickson

Ebon Ilnaren

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 09:12:22 PM »
I took a break from Ebon in "Origin" to shift the focus onto Azure for a bit, but I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things with Part IV ("Lost") in the next week or so.

LdyBelial

• Bel
  • Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
Origin
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 12:40:00 AM »
My oh, my!  Your Origin story is tragic yet beautiful!  It is a wonder Ebon is as collected as he is today.  I look forward to more!!!

Thank you for sharing!!  But I must say...  I am still crying!  I may need a few minutes to collect myself!
Lan
Belial
~Blood~
Head of Blood House Onyx

Ebon Ilnaren

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 11:38:03 AM »
Regarding The fire within...

Beautifully written.  I feel pain for Azure missing her Papa, and the need to play Ebon at home more often.  :)

Fiona ONeill

• Lady of the Knight
  • Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
The fire within
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 12:55:13 PM »
[quote:5d9cb20106="Ebon Ilnaren"]Regarding The fire within...

Beautifully written.  I feel pain for Azure missing her Papa, and the need to play Ebon at home more often.  :)[/quote]
I agree. :)

In a setting where things can be so easily insta-fixed, seeing a mute character is a thing of beauty and rarity. I do not see many mute individuals in real life, so to see Phen signing to her daughter was so endearing and proves love knows no limitations. ?The whispering sound of Phen?s voiceless laugh? is such a beautifully descriptive line, and I imagine it is also an equally beautiful sound. :)

I can?t wait to see more.
"In the land where excellence is commended, not envied; where weakness is aided, not mocked; there is no question as to how its inhabitants are all superhuman." Reigns of Alluvius

Ebon Ilnaren

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2015, 01:29:40 AM »
It's been a while since I added anything to "Origin" but that's changing.  I've started Part V, this one entitled Hunted, and it continues on directly from the end of Lost.  We see Ebon's first use of his psionic gift, and he finds an unexpected ally.  There's more to come with this section of the story, but I wanted to post what I've got so far.  :D

Ebon Ilnaren

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 09:54:24 PM »
I have ideas for the current chapter of "Origin" in my head, but haven't got them quite together yet.

In the meantime, the saga of Ebon's not-so-dead sister from another reality and her her arrival in our Rhy'din has ended on a positive note.  :)

Yasmin

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
Thank you, Doran!
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2016, 04:27:04 PM »
I want to give a big thanks to Doran for being interviewed for Inside the Actors? Shanachie! :)

As a gift for your inventory, Yas sent you an autograph. ~

For everyone else, check out Doran?s interview here: http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=217901#217901
DJ Zazzy Yas for WHAM! 101.1FM ~ Member of the Shanachie Theater Company

Ebon Ilnaren

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017, 11:25:02 PM »
The "Vacation Time" thread is, of course, not being posted in real time... they will be back from vacation this coming Sunday, 1/8, but I plan to leave the thread open for Ebon, Doran, Phen, Azure (though she likes her journal :) ), and/or Sylva to continue posting what they saw and did during those three weeks.  :D

If anyone reading this has characters in Mt. Yasuo that might interact with the Ilnarens during their stay there, reach out.  :)