Author Topic: The Shadows Dance Adventure  (Read 1873 times)

Cieara DeAuster

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2016, 12:11:54 PM »
[size=12]"Still round the corner there may wait, A new road or a secret gate." - J. R. R. Tolkien[/size][/b]

[size=16]?We need to wait here.? Cieara said, while hitching her horse to a nearby pillar of stone. ?It would be rude to ignore the ritual. Mum did say we should not seek to bypass those.? She was still seeking to calm her own nerves, but also realized that her brother was not faring so well. ?Come Daniel. I be hoping we can find aid for ye suffering soon.? Having followed his sister, he was struggling to find balance when she caught his arm and helped him over to sit upon the steps said to be carved by the very gods of Zymire.

With the calm returned to their territory the Guardians returned to their posts, blood gleaming wetly upon the marble carved swords and the towering boots. They resumed their former positions, falling back into their dormant glory with a final creaking of stone. ?What now Cieara?? Sorcha asked, as it didn't seem as if the stone forms were going to do anything more.

?I nae rightly know.? Emerald pale eyes gazed upward at the now silent, motionless pair and then at everyone else. One pale hand rested lightly upon her brother's slumped shoulder. ?Mum said they talk.? There was just a hint of disappointment in Cieara's tone as she spoke, for she could not see any indication that the guardians were going to speak.

?We do.? Words came crashing down from two sources, a thunderous symphony upon sensitive hearing to be sure. The sudden words brought curses from some and wincing from all at the volume. ?The Lady awaits ye within.? Cieara?s face lit with delight even as her ears rang, for the tales she had grown up hearing were coming true before her eyes.

?Open invite.? Julian commented with a wry smile and a glance toward Lorcain, while stepping over and helping Daniel to his feet. ?I nae know about the rest of ye, but I am relieved we nae need dance to formality.?

The rest agreed, with a few nodding of heads. Daniel wasn't paying all that much attention by this point, for he was near to blacking out from the pressure assaulting his skull. Just a little of his control slipped and nearly sent Cieara to her knees with a sudden sharp cry. Their connection made her very aware of his present state of agony. Sorcha quickly caught her and hauled her up to her feet.

?This is almost over. Let us see it to the end.? Sorcha softly stated, keeping a steadying hand upon Cieara. They entered the mysterious darkness that awaited them.

Navigating a steep flight of stone stairs, Cieara led the way towards a faint light beckoning in the deep black. Behind she heard Julian talking quietly to her brother, encouraging Daniel to hold on just a little longer. The pull was keenly felt here, which made her just a little irritated. She had been ensorcelled and that did spark her temper just a touch. She had been used, but still didn't know to what end. It was by sheer strength the shadow-legionnaire kept Daniel on his feet and helped him along the narrow, steep path. ?Just a little longer Danny boy.? He mumbled to his charge quietly. Lorcain brought up the rear, his scowl felt more than seen.[/size]
I never want to lose
what I have finally found
There's a requiem,
A new congregation
And it's telling me
Go forward and walk
Under a brighter sky
Euphoria by Delirium

Cieara DeAuster

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2016, 01:18:35 PM »
[size=12]"The gods did not reveal, from the beginning, all things to us." -  Xenophanes[/size][/b]

[size=16]Stumbling into the glow of the fire in a solitary hearth, Cieara looked around. Towering walls rose upwards into darkness while above it looked as if all the night-realm stars were sparkling. The ceiling was made of some sort of scrying glass that brought the heavens close. Yet, she didn't see anyone waiting for them. Fingers pushed damp auburn curls from her brow and she looked over as Julian helped her brother sink down to rest against the door jamb.

From the fingers of shadows, chairs took form and shape and this sent Cieara wheeling about. ?So, ye be wanting me here, perhaps ye should be showing yeself eh?? Her outburst did not resound within the chamber as one might expect, but almost seemed to be soaked up by the bordering darkness.

Under her breath Sorcha leaned to the smaller elf with her words pitched lower. ?This be the lands of the Gods Cieara. Perhaps ye should be a bit more?polite.? Was the offered suggestion.

It was, however, futile as Cieara wasn't happy. Her brother was suffering and all because he had agreed to come along on this adventure. Had they not tinkered with her via their foul magics, he wouldn't be suffering so now, because simply put, she wouldn't have even come.  Her patience was reaching a limit. ?All this force and fuss and there is nae anyone here Sorcha. I am nae fond of being used and then left dangling. Magic!? The last word loaded with disgust as she moved towards her brother.

?I am sorry for the delay.? Words designed to sooth drifted honey smooth around the darkened room. From one bleak black corner a female form emerged. Everyone turned in that direction, weapons coming easily to the groups hands and at the ready. Cieara and Julian stepped in front of Daniel, who was in no condition to defend himself. The newcomer took in the collection of individuals that had accompanied Cieara, her glittering gaze resting upon Daniel the longest.

Cieara motioned towards her brother, her manners forgotten in the moment. ?Can you help him Lady? I nae know who placed blocks upon his memory but I would ask ye aid him. They be killing him.?

?I recall Daniel's last visit in my home. It was nae I that did such a thing.? One moment she was standing across the room, and the next kneeling beside Daniel where he sat upon the onyx black floor, fingers gently touching his brow. Julian blinked as he spun to look back, having not seen anyone move quite like that. ?I think this be the work of Star. He will nae like me interfering, which I care not about actually. Tell me Daniel, do ye mind me tinkering about ye brain for a moment??

To his credit, Daniel managed to offer a tight wan smile to the Goddess of Shadow. ?Why not, everyone else seems to have.? He winced, eyes screwing closed for the moment. His voice lost the sarcastic edge, replaced by an almost whimper. ?Please. My skull feels like it?s about to split open.?

?I will remove the barrier, but I shall make it so the memories will return at a slower pace to nae overwhelm ye.? Sparks danced upon the pads of her fingers as she brushed them across his brow. ?It will take a day or so before ye can recall all what was hidden.? Under her ministrations the pain eased and the tension in his shoulders relaxed. Cieara sighed with relief as well. Slowly the others lowered their weapons as they realized Daniel was recovering.

?Better Daniel?? The dark-haired woman asked with her starry gaze inspecting his form. A faint smile lurked upon the elegant soot smudged features as she rose back up, and this time her attentions fell upon the younger DeAuster even before Daniel could reply. ?Is he with you??

?Who?? The question catching Cieara off guard, as another wince danced across her features. Something was happening. Her sentinels were screaming and it felt as if the shadows were warping and writhing in an unseen grip.

Torn from the comforting shade that held them were several forms. At whatever silent command given, those that followed Cieara, Sorcha, Julian and even Lorcain and Daniel were stripped from the darkness and left to stand bare in the cavernous hall of the Goddess.

Sorcha had the most, and she found herself surrounded by six figures, clutching at her as small confused children might. They huddled, trembling against her in what could only be called terror. They had been left cold and vulnerable, having been ripped from the world they knew. The very lands of shadow was shaken with a rippling of energy that would be felt by shadowmelders across the world of Carowyn, a snap and crack of a clashing of inter-dimensional realms.

In the midst of all the various shades of gray, one stood clear. Head bent with his gaze rested upon his hands, the color of pale ash, hair black and cerulean eyes that swirled with stardust. Slowly his head lifted and he stared at the Goddess in awe and a touch of bewilderment. [/size]
I never want to lose
There's a requiem,
A new congregation
And it's telling me
Go forward and walk
Under a brighter sky
Euphoria by Delirium

Cieara DeAuster

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2016, 03:03:07 AM »
[size=12]"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out til too late that he's been playing with two queens all along." -  Terry Pratchett[/size][/b]

[size=16]?I thought it was a fable. The story told to young shades.? His words were hushed and yet reverent. Galen was looking at his own fingers once more. ?I was going to ask for this. I came with Cieara to meet you and request for such a favor.?

?I did nothing but seek a way to bring you here. I have yearned to see you for so long. . .  I have been chained to my forge for eons unable to find you.? Ceidwyn's gentle words carried the notes of sorrow and pain at her imprisonment and loss.

?Was this all planned then?? Cieara cut in upon the reunion, as she looked from one to the other. ?Did both of ye use me and likely bring the wraith of some psycho Death God down upon me head as well?? Trilyre, while she wasn't quite cowering did stay very close to Cieara, crowding into her and unable to hide the edges of panic flickering in pale eyes, mostly hidden behind drifting dark russet hair. Her long fingers plucked gently upon Cie's sleeve, reminding her. ?Could ye also send those nae him, back please? They be obviously terrified.? Cieara sent another sweeping wave outwards towards the various shadow-beings.

The goddess stared at the young woman for a moment and then a faint fall of laughter spilled forth. ?Nae, he can do nothing to you, as ye had no way of knowing. Galenstar made his own choices and when I learned he had actually selected an ally, I had to act.? With a blink of light dancing above, the shadow-beings returned to their own realm, just that simple. ?I am sorry. I could nae summon ye mother and request she bring ye along as that would have been breaking the rules. I could nae be directly involved in such a way, even if was easier I admit. Instead, I asked one I trusted to ?encourage? ye to make this trip.?

Galen was listening. Dismayed, and obviously unsettled, he suddenly moved, wrapping the Goddess into a tight embrace. That single action sent another pulse-wave of energy through the surrounding area. The effect of the mother and son's hug brought forth a crashing like thunder above and light flooded the room. As the group brought their arms down from shielding their eyes and blinked away the sparkles from the sudden light, shapes began to take form in the shafts of brilliant illuminations. An array of several figures, male and female, and each exuding a palpable aura of power, stood along the walls facing the reunion of mother and son.

The gods of the Zymierian pantheon had arrived.[/size]
I never want to lose
There's a requiem,
A new congregation
And it's telling me
Go forward and walk
Under a brighter sky
Euphoria by Delirium

Cieara DeAuster

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2016, 11:23:25 PM »
[size=12]"The true adventurer goes forth aimless and uncalculating to meet and greet unknown fate." - O.Henry[/size][/b]

[size=16]The sight of that had Cieara easing back to stand near her uncle and brother. Nervous, even if she wasn't to blame. As if motivated by instinct the entire group started edging towards the exit. Gods were in general very fickle creatures according to her mother, so one never knew what they might do. To see so many around them almost sent her to her knees in awe, she would later admit, as well as a little fear.

The shouting then started in earnest, causing the mortals in their midst to seek to protect their sensitive ears. Sides that had been drawn ages before were still defending their affiliates at exceptionally high volume. It only got worse when the King of Shadows appeared, his attendants in tow and all looking ready for war. With his arrival Lorcain started urging the others toward the entrance of the forge.  The situation had quickly escalated into a matter far beyond them.  This wasn?t their fight; it was time for them to leave.  

Ceidwyn's star-filled eyes glanced in that direction, and then looked at Cieara, a secret smile gracing the young half-elf. She raised a hand and gave a slight wave toward them, and all felt caught in a sudden rushing of air. As their sight came back for the second time in as many minutes they found themselves transported several miles away. All were standing in the middle of a muddy lane, with their horses waiting in a small clearing nearby.

Some distance away thunder boomed loudly, bouncing across the heavens; a sign of some god's displeasure. It was easily heard.  Were they actually able to see the violent strobe of light with flame dancing through the clouds they would have noted how stark against the cold gray sky it was.  Was the light show a reflection of the Gods displeasure?  But here, far enough away from the conflict of deities, the quiet was most welcome.

Cieara was seething and just stomped towards her mount while dark mutterings under her breath were unleashed. ?Drag me all over the bloody countryside to break some curse and then ?Poof!? here we are, dropped in the middle of nowhere.?

?Personally, I be glad to be free of that place. The shouting was painful enough, and I think I saw the Lady's ex as well. He looked furious.? Sorcha stated as she took the basket and headed towards some trees. ?All this nonsense has left me hungry.?

Cieara just stared at the other woman and shook her head. ?Ye be kidding me, aye??

Daniel laughed. It was a sound they hadn't heard in days and it did bring Cieara's gaze back to him abruptly. ?I agree with Sorcha. I haven't eaten much in the last few days, and I am starved.? Cieara just shook her head in astonishment before following.

It was just a matter of minutes when they were all perched upon upraised roots or fallen logs, partaking of the excellent fair the inn had provided. The sun was finally coming out from behind the thick clouds overhead and with it, the forest started to come alive with the sound of birds and other woodland residents.

?I am nae sure what to think of all this. While it makes for an interesting tale to share, I am wondering if I lost one of my Sentinels.? After a hearty bite of fresh, crusty bread with delicious cheese Cieara looked around. ?Where the heck are we anyway??

?Barston Lane.? Julian said around a mouthful of roast beef. ?Nae all that far from the Inn either.?

?So, what did ye think of all this Uncle Lor?? Cieara had to ask, even while she was still concerned about the fate of Galen, and Trilyre, who she could sense was still traumatized.  

?Bloody Gods.? So much disgust was interwoven into that short, abrupt statement. He was quick to toss back a pull from his bottle of ale, as if needing to wash the taste of those words from his mouth. Banked, ever controlled rage lurked in his ice green eyes. As always, Lorcain summed it up succinctly.

And with that, one adventure ends, and another begins soon enough.[/size]
I never want to lose
There's a requiem,
A new congregation
And it's telling me
Go forward and walk
Under a brighter sky
Euphoria by Delirium