Author Topic: Valcroix gets confusing news.  (Read 3040 times)

Apalkov

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re: Valcroix gets confusing news.
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2013, 01:40:18 AM »
?There is no negotiation here, Mr. Val.? The recruit?s surly tongue folds and licks behind too-long, too-dangerous teeth, mincing each word, an unbalanced mixture of English and Russian.

?We do things the way I say, or we can put you both in holding cell and simply slap charges on you, Okay?? Toying with a smile that held eons of reservations, Roman extends a hand to tap upon Martyr?s shoulder.

?Come. This will be quick, will be easy with cooperation. You tell boyfriend to calm down, or this will take all night.?

Martyr

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2013, 01:45:09 AM »
With Val's arm tight around hers, she leaned over, pressing her lips hard to his and took in a deep breath no more certain than she was. She knew that they had to coopperate, she knew that this had to have been, somehow, her fault.... And the girl knew that she didn't like it one, little bit. "I'll b-b-be f-fine, V-val... J-just g-go in there and t-tell the t-truth... W-we d-d-don't have anything t-t-to hide... I l-love y-you..." The girl whispered softly, prying her flesh away from him. Would there be a bruise? Perhaps... How long would it last? 1.5 seconds... Then, she moved for Roman.
[img:b227cb0858]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/5d/38/c7/5d38c70e70c979f69f2543532c307805.jpg[/img:b227cb0858]
My body's covered in teeth marks, your bite's worse than your bark
You ruin everything you touch and destroy everyone you love

Val

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2013, 01:52:41 AM »
Val?s reception of her kiss is cold and impotent. Suspicions run around in his head like eight caffeinated six-year-olds in a closet; bumping and yelling, turning on each-other, asking 'why?'. Martyr wasn?t one to lie, wasn?t one to sneak around, peddle deceit, keep things locked up.

Val blinks and nods as she slipped away?not her? right?

?I love you too. Have fun," dank, airy.

Apalkov

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2013, 01:59:40 AM »
Roman finds it best to keep his eyes off the man as he herds Martyr away. Light touches pepper her shoulder, signing her, turning her like a rudder, left here, now a right and straight-ahead.  Alongside the girl, Roman is silent and alert, even the passerby?s aren?t afforded greetings or nods as the man bottled his business and walked his little lamb to the slaughter. Guilt is perhaps present in his gut, some shades overriding ?duty??in other-words, he preferred her to be innocent, preferred it all to be some strange mash-up of coincidences. Experience hushed these critics as he pulled the door to the interrogation room open for the girl, standing aside to allow her entrance.

?Please,? arm drawn to a simple iron chair tucked beneath a vanilla-cream tabletop.

Martyr

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2013, 02:06:47 AM »
Martyr'd like to say she had her head held high... She'd like to say that she didn't look guilty... But her head was low, eyes on the floor--and it screamed guilt to all the people she passed. It was pure nerves. She had a solid alibi, and so did Val... Plus, he wouldn't hurt her... Any form of her, he couldn't.. If he had, he would have told her, surely... Right?

Val? Trying her hardest to rekindle that connection they shared. She knew that she'd have to start feeding him blood once more...

Those wandering eyes hit the table, and she moved to press her rear end to the seat. She grumbled softly to herself as she rested her elbows on the table, in a way that denied her likeness to a lady. She was quiet, mortified... She didn't like to be alone with this man... How long had it been since he fed...? She knew better than to run and fight, where had she to go? She was willing to bet the room was locked--so the little lamb began to tremble from the spine up.
[img:b227cb0858]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/5d/38/c7/5d38c70e70c979f69f2543532c307805.jpg[/img:b227cb0858]

Apalkov

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2013, 02:24:55 AM »
Roman closes the girl in, leaving her alone for a ripe fifteen minutes while he collaborates with another behind a screen of privacy glass, observing the rattled young woman carefully, unbeknownst to her. Both men stand in silence, Roman?s partner scribbling things in a notepad furiously.

?She knows something, just look at her. She?s f?ckin? scared to death, that?s no innocent face there.?

?I think not,? the Russian replies with an occupied face, staring through the two-way mirror. ?The Jane Doe is spitting image of the girl, I?m not knowing about you, but I think I?d be for-loss myself.?

The officer laughs, and folds his notebook, a firm slap to Roman?s back before exiting the secure room. ?Whatever you say, Russki. I?ve got other leads to follow?unlike everyone else in this damn place, I find this case an absolute bore. I mean, look at the boyfriend; guy?s a creep, got killer?s eyes. Maybe the girl?s a puppet in all this, so I?d tailor your questions to be  about him. Alight buddy, I?ll see ya? tonight.?

Roman nods, nothing on his face holding appreciation for the suggestions, intent upon the poor girl alone in the room. Thirty seconds later Martyr would hear the bolt un-bind before Roman appeared, slowly sealing the door with an uneasy smile.

?Sorry, needed paperwork,? showing her the tan folders stuffed with leaflets. The man settles into the chair across, sets the files down, and casually folds his knuckles over one-another, guiding his tongue to speak reassurance as ?duty? tried to scramble in for a piece.

?Miss Slane, I?m going to be needing everything you know about all this. The night of? twenty-fifth, February, coroner narrow the Jane?s time of death to that date.? It was hard to accuse, even harder to open his mouth with their ?history? bridling behind the scenes.

Martyr

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2013, 02:34:26 AM »
Martyr's eyes were glued to the table. "The t-twenty f-fifth...?" The girl asked, eyes trailing down, and then up as her brain began to steam thinking of the date... She wasn't one to follow dates, but... Something about that one... Well, it was strange to her. It stuck out within that little head of hers. "O-oh! V-val and m-me w-were at the B-bristle C-crios Sn-snow m-moon ev-vent.. I am the n-nurse t-there, and I d-dragged V-val along.. H-he d-doesn't l-like p-parties, y-you s-see... b-but I w-wanted t-to d-dance w-with him b-before our w-wedding.." The girl rambled. "I w-was there until after m-midnight, and w-we t-took Angel h-home w-with us.. She's M-miranda's d-daughter... M-max and h-her are v-very g-good f-friends."

"I d-don't know m-much ab-bout this, exc-cept V-val g-got a c-call s-saying I w-was d-dead t-today, w-which is strange b-because, w-well.. I'm n-not d-dead... Then I s-saw J-jane..." Martyr assumed that was her name. "She l-looks j-just l-like m-me... And w-well.. It m-makes m-me v-very s-sad, b-because I h-have a l-lot of p-people w-wanting m-me d-dead, s-so.. I f-feel like... W-well... She's d-dead b-because they thought s-she w-was m-me..." The girl lowered her head to the table, laying it upon the crook of an elbow.

Apalkov

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2013, 02:44:58 AM »
Roman had set his phone upon the table, and following a few snaps at the screen, one could assume he was recording her alibi. The Bristle Crois events were widely known and a delicate portion of movers-and-shakers, most presumed Supernaturals, usually attend?one in particular being Val, who Roman had done some homework on following their meeting. He wasn?t a politician, didn?t do much in the light of public eye, but his holdings were worth noting.

?Okay? well, if such is true, that would most certainly put you in clear.? Roman smiles for the girl, time taken to flatter it with front teeth, the ones passing for human, before enlarging his eyes to speak again.

?Which is case, I?m sure?Miss Slane, I don?t think you are killer. But this case involves you and your fianc?, so I must know everything?so you and Mr. Val were together the entire time at party?? Expectantly smacking the cap of his pen against the pad.

Martyr

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2013, 02:49:36 AM »
Martyr's eyes dropped. She couldn't lie.. Only because when they found out she was lying, that would only hurt Val's case. "W-well... N-no... V-val had t-to leave early... Ar-round eleven... b-but he w-went straight t-to the office..! H-he h-had t-to w-work that n-night..." Then she was taking a deep breath. "V-val w-would n-never h-hurt m-me, and I d-don't think h-he c-could h-hurt anything that l-looked like m-me.. Unless th-they w-were trying t-to h-hurt me, and even t-then, he'd t-tell m-me about it.."

"H-he was at the office all n-night... I j-just know h-he w-wouldn't l-lie ab-bout that..."

Apalkov

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2013, 02:55:25 AM »
Less-than-trusting eyes thin-over the girl while the pen is reemployed to his pad, eyes making sure that his phone was recording.

?So? he had to leave? Around eleven? Okay. And? it?s normal for Mr. Val to work at this time? Seem like strange hours for man of business, yes??

Martyr

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2013, 03:00:53 AM »
"W-well.. D-different j-jobs c-call f-for d-different h-hours... L-look, m-mister... I know y-you d-don't know h-him, b-but I d-do... H-he's n-not l-like y-you... H-he d-doesn't j-just attack p-people f-for n-no r-reason." That was a little something for his phone to record, now wasn't it? Martyr shook her head and sighed softly. It probably wasn't the smartest thing to say, but it flew out of her stammering little throat.

Apalkov

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2013, 03:10:26 AM »
Smart little fox, wasn?t she? Roman displaces a feared look before quickly smacking the face of his phone with a nimble pinky, pausing the record. Wasn?t anything  that couldn?t be edited out later?this, from what he was quickly learning, was the mark of a ?good? and ?honest? man-of-the-peace. Toying with a smile he didn?t quite understand, Roman slides the meshwork of papers, folders and pens way before refolding his hands.

?I apologize for that, Miss Slane, surely. ?Twas man I was, not man I am. We settled difference, and despite what you believe, I am trying to be helping you and boyfriend.? Unsure of this was tactic or rolled-out in earnest, Roman slides his eyes across the room. ?But you bring up good point?this must be related to your blood.? Then there was the previous matter, his skin growing cold, nervous. He now whispers; ?I will help you and Mr. Val?I am not stupid, I am only recruit, so such an allegation against me would cost me job?they know of my heritage here, but I am of-course under careful eye. Like I be saying, I do not believe you to be murderer,? the nocturne carefully spells, careful to not mention his suspicion of Val as the culprit. ?So? there must be those out for your blood. You mention it when we first meet, but I?m not remembering?have you names for me??

Martyr

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2013, 03:16:42 AM »
"W-well..." Martyr started. "There's a w-woman interested in m-m-my b-blood... K-Kairi R-risvold.. She's t-taken s-some f-from m-me b-before.. S-samples of it... Other t-than that... S-she's the only p-person I k-know that h-has s-so m-much of it... I d-d-don't know w-what she's d-d-doing w-with it all... She s-stuck a n-needle into m-my h-hip once, and t-took out this st-strange st-stuff... She h-has a m-man w-with h-her, a w-wolf m-man... J-jack, I think h-he w-was c-called.. She's the only n-name that c-comes t-to m-mind..." Mostly because well, she didn't bother to ask people their names while they were draining her dry.

Apalkov

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2013, 03:27:46 AM »
Roman nods and lends a little glance to his phone?Mental facepalm?he?d never turned it back on. He scrambles for his pad, pen, and begins to scribble-out what she?d said, taking extra time to draw-it-out in English, which was harder than speaking the damn language in his opinion. ?Okay,? out of breath from the hastened activity, ?Very good, Miss Slane. For now that will be all. Of course we?ll look into your alibi, and will be phoning Mr. Val?s office.?

Roman stands and offers the girl his hand for a shake, hoping to dispel hard feelings?for both their sakes.