Author Topic: Quotable Quotes: The Obligatory Out-Of-Character Thread  (Read 3043 times)

The Vindicator

• Wyrmling
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2011, 08:56:30 AM »
I loves you for making Vindicator's picture. I honestly didn't expect you to make it! Was a lovely suprise! Loves ya sooooooooooooooooo much for it.

Player of Vindi.

Edward Batten

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2011, 10:29:59 AM »
[quote:888f05ec7d="Cornelius Wraithburn"]Do not delude yourself, Baron. Howe is a raging impulsive amoeba, driven by his desire to dominate and destroy.[/quote]

Quite possibly one of the best Howe-related quotes I've run into (and I've run into a few). This one is from a thread in the House DeMuer folder.

Sorry I've been lazy and unseen lately, but real life likes to rear it's head and remind you it still exists occasionally. Fear not, however, as there is always more fun and mayhem to come!
The secret for harvesting from existence the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment is to live dangerously.

- Friedrich Nietzche

Edward Batten

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2011, 12:43:48 PM »
Again, I'm here to apologize for my lack of activity here, as I've been busy with other projects, both here and in the so-called real world. I will say that I'm in part waiting for a few other threads to pick up again, because without them Ed's story kinda goes nowhere fast.

That being said I owe at least one person some time to conclude a scene that's been sitting on hold for a few months now, and I'm pretty sure I owe one or two people some play time, which (I promise) I will get to.

In the meantime I'm still enjoying the writings of others on the board, whom are too numerous to mention here. Keep up the awesomeness, peoples!
The secret for harvesting from existence the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment is to live dangerously.

- Friedrich Nietzche

Raye

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2011, 05:36:20 PM »
Brief write up of last night's fun... with reaction to follow ;)

http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20963
Nivi: "How come everyone else gets a little voice in their heads and I don't? What's my little voice?"
GM: "Common sense"

Edward Batten

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2011, 10:45:17 AM »
So, we start off with the quote of the day. Those that were present for last night's figurative fireworks in the Inn and Back Alley will, without a doubt, understand immediately.

"We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harms we do, we do to ourselves."

- Mitch Albom

And speaking of last night's fireworks...

HOLY CRAPSICLES!

So, firstly I want to pass out a HUGE thanks to EVERYONE that participated last night, in whatever way they decided to contribute - last night's play was some of the most fun I've had in a long time in live RP, complete with fighting, killing, things blowing up, and one shocking betrayal that will send ripples throughout Rhy'din!

Brian Ravenlock: HOLY HELL, man! I did NOT see that coming, not in a hundred - hell, not in a MILLION years! That twist alone made the WHOLE evening, by far, a very different occasion from what things started out to be, for just about everyone involved, including the villain! FREAKIN' SPECTACULAR! In all seriousness, that ONE THING made the WHOLE evening, and without a doubt makes the start of a storyline that was already big to begin with start to look HUGE!

Issy: I never thought there would be any point where Issy would be brought to the point of tears by anyone, and for DAMN sure not by the one who managed it. Issy's been locked in jail, her sisterhood threatened by an unseen enemy, seen friends killed, but never have I seen her left speechless and openly hurt that way! Awesome job playing last night!

Renna, the Betrayer: Well, the evening didn't end up the way you planned (at least from what you told me), but I have to say, your gift for adapting to twists, turns and the input of everyone involved never ceases to amaze me. And now she has a shocking, powerful new ally...oh, I SO cannot wait to see what's coming next!

Trixie McCallister: VERY nice to see you again! You should come out more often!

Grem, Ebon Ilnaren, Katt, Raye, GentleRestraint, HX-909-A, Icer1978, and the others I'm probably forgetting in she shuffle: All of you were great! Seriously, it's not just the major players that make a story, particularly here - they may be the meat and potatoes of a storyline, but the characters that get caught in the middle, that watch fearfully from the sidelines or leap into the fray when they're not even a part of things are what gives it flavor. Awesome and a thumbs up to everyone!

So here's looking forward to the start of something new that looks like it's going to be epic! And, just to add some tequila to this mixture, we have the pending return of Giminicka!

So sweet! BRING IT ON, B*TCHES!

- Friedrich Nietzche

Raye

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2011, 06:16:43 PM »
Something completely silly, but it would not leave me alone this morning...

Nivi: "How come everyone else gets a little voice in their heads and I don't? What's my little voice?"
GM: "Common sense"

Edward Batten

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2011, 10:20:00 AM »
So this morning I would like to share something with you all that was shown to me last night.

You will be outraged. You will get angry. I can pretty much guarantee that - unless you're some sick, cold-hearted, inhumanly uncaring person - you will be shocked and offended by the fact that there are so many people like this in the world.

Especially if you have children of your own.

Click Here to view.

Feel free to express your outrage below, but most of all share this around. This sort of thing should be seen.

- Friedrich Nietzche

LdyBelial

• Bel
  • Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2011, 12:32:30 PM »
You got me back on FB before I was ready... thanks for that!   ;-)   I got all caught up in being social and whatnot...  Heh.

I shared the vid.  I am going to repeat what I wrote there here for those who haven't yet found me on FB...  Why?  Because this is relevant info every parent should know.  Whether you live in suburbia, a city or out in the boondocks, the following information may one day save your child!  How do I know?  I used to teach this stuff back in the 90's at schools while promoting fingerprinting and head shots.

FB Post: "For those who have kids out there, teach them to yell "Fire" first as many will come to see what's on fire where few may answer the call for help. Also, teach your children to kick, scream, bite, scratch, hit, do whatever it takes to get away from anyone attempting to "take" them. The more they fight, the more attention it will draw. Any attention is good, the more witnesses the better... as we all should already be aware eye-witness testimony is subject to the individual and can prove unreliable - the more witnesses the clearer the picture."

Keep your kids safe, not ignorant.  Yes, I know, we all want our kids to have childhoods, remain naive and innocent as long as they can...  But not teaching your child personal safety isn't sparing them anything.  In fact, not teaching them what to do in dire situations could be the end of them.  So...  don't over think it, follow the advice of experts, consult your local law enforcement agencies and schools.  Learn how to keep your children as safe as they can be.

Lanette
Yes... paranoid but with reasonable foundation.  

797,500 children (younger than 18 ) were reported missing in a one-year period of time studied resulting in an average of 2,185 children being reported missing each day.
Belial
~Blood~
Head of Blood House Onyx

Grem

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2011, 01:53:44 PM »
[quote:cbd571e846="LdyBelial"]Also, teach your children to kick, scream, bite, scratch, hit, do whatever it takes to get away from anyone attempting to "take" them.[/quote]

Good advice for the situation. Just yelling (even "you're not my dad!") could be a tantrum. I've seen kids acting like the girl in that video (yes, sometimes including "you're not my dad/mom" kind of things) with people I knew were their parents or step parents. That could be where part of the lack of action comes from. If it's more than just yelling and some flailing, it's a lot more obvious that there's real distress.

The bystander effect is an absolutely real thing, though (and this business about it being a study done "a couple years ago" isn't right - it's been known about since at least Kitty Genovese's murder in '64, and there was a study done about it a few years later, even if there was nothing before that). The justification is and always has been "there are enough people around that someone else will act, and someone else probably knows better what to do," though it's mostly subconscious. Without a lot more people having training to get them past that instinct, it's always going to be around.
[size=10:32b644bed9]“The great art of life is sensation, to feel that we exist, even in pain.”
~Lord Byron[/size:32b644bed9]

LdyBelial

• Bel
  • Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2011, 02:56:07 PM »
Wish there was a "Like" button...  I would have used it on your post Grem Player!!  And that you know the case of Kitty Genovese!  I admit I am impressed!!!

The murder of Kitty Genovese...  It scared the heck outta me!  It is practically the birth of the scream-"fire"-instead-of-"help" theory, which btw works!  People are curious about fire... they are much more likely to investigate where they are less certain of getting involved in a violent situation.  

It was the case of Adam Walsh that would later inspire the "kick, scream, bite, hit" theory... which has also proven to work.  The more attention the child can bring to the situation the better!  Fighting for one's life is a LOUD red flag and whether people want to get involved or not they will remember it.  

I believe in preaching the tactic of follow your gut -- if it tells you something is wrong go with it!  Be wary of your common sense as it will often tell you to run or ignore the situation, (that doesn't mean ignore your common sense, if you can't take the aggressor on, then don't try!)

Huge fan of criminology/profiling here!  Have studied it for years.  What I walked away with is this simple fact:  Always be situationally aware.  Even the smallest detail may help.

Lanette
Belial
~Blood~
Head of Blood House Onyx

Edward Batten

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2011, 10:27:29 PM »
[size=24]A VERY HAPPY GOBBLING TURKEY THANKSGIVING DAY, EVERYONE![/size]

- Friedrich Nietzche

Edward Batten

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2012, 11:34:48 PM »
Let me first apologize to all my readers out there who may (or may not - ya never really know) miss me, and my writings, which I realize I am far, far behind on. What with holidays and unruly children and working and...well, the list goes on, and I'm sure many of you can relate.

Anyway...I am in the process of writing a thread to explain Ed's current whereabouts, which has been alluded to in live play a few times here and there. I also owe posts in several places under different names, which I promise I will be getting to now that my hours have been switched to days. Hopefully I'll be around in live play more, too, as things calm down again.

To those who have been waiting so patiently, you have my thanks, and I promise your patience will not go unrewarded.

Here's hoping it's a happy New Year for all!

~ V

- Friedrich Nietzche

LdyBelial

• Bel
  • Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2012, 01:29:01 AM »
[quote:f21ebaf98b="Edward Batten"](or may not - ya never really know) miss me, and my writings...[/quote]

Heh...  Like I'm here and I'm missing reading you!  But I've been catching up on what you have been up to over in the Avengers Board...  And Julianna Frostbite's post over in Dragon's Tales...  Can't wait to find out what is going to happen next there either!  As she is off to talk to Ed!  Oooo!  Sweeet!  Two of my fav writers sharing a thread!  Yay!  

Looking forward to reading you!!!  Glad your schedule has changed from days to nights.  That had to have sucked!  But yeah...  Your fans, (ok... maybe I should say... "this fan") await/s your return with... ah?  Ok... I'm not actually holding my breath or anything... but...  I do await new posts with anticipation!  ::grins.::

Lanette

P.S. Yeah, yeah, yeah... shameless plug for Julianna's post... can't help it!  I'm dying to know what's going to happen next!
Belial
~Blood~
Head of Blood House Onyx

PrlUnicorn

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2012, 10:24:36 PM »
The readers are getting restless! (At least two requires a plural, yeah? ;) )

Looking forward to seeing what you've got on tap. Happy New Year to you and yours. :)

Edward Batten

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2012, 09:04:08 PM »
And now for the quote of the day, courtesy of our very own Issy, taken from live roleplay:

Issy:  ::Her back leaned against the bar as she lifted the bottle once more and listened to the discussion at hand.  She had learned that when Renna was the subject, it was best if she was quiet.  Mostly because the chant of "Filet the bitch!" over and over wasn't really the heroic thing to say::

What's really bad (and even more hilarious) is that there are plenty who would probably join in on that chant.

Thanks to Issy for the quote and to Renna as the inspiration behind it, that chaotic, destructive b*tch we all love to hate so very much. You guys rock!

- Friedrich Nietzche