Author Topic: Backstage - The OOC Thread  (Read 17777 times)

Candy Hart

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2013, 10:14:48 AM »
<3

Anthony De Luca

• Director of the Shanachie Ballet Company
  • Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • The Shanachie Theater
Re:
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2013, 03:12:54 PM »
Just letting everyone know that inventory icons have gone out to all PC members of the 2013-2014 Shanachie Ballet Company. There are still a few players I haven't heard from regarding retaining their spots in the company from last year. As always, if anyone is interested in being part of the company for the 2013-2014 season, drop me a PM. We have a lot of nifty ballets planned for the upcoming season, and everyone is welcome. That's all for now! :)

Anthony De Luca

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • The Shanachie Theater
Re:
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2013, 07:09:17 PM »
The Fifty Shades Darker Premiere thread has been locked for posting. If anyone wanted to post and missed the deadline, drop myself or Mataya a PM, and we'll unlock it for you. Thanks for reading! :)

Mataya

• Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2014, 04:42:04 AM »

After playing around for a long time, this is the best I can come up with for a family photo. From left to right - Theresa, Anthony, Rosita, Mataya, and Elena.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 08:35:12 PM by Anthony De Luca »
Life's like a play; it's not the length but the excellence of the acting that matters.

Anthony De Luca

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • The Shanachie Theater
Re:
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2014, 09:48:17 AM »
OMG, that's awesome! I love it!  :grin:

Anthony De Luca

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • The Shanachie Theater
Re:
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2014, 04:36:59 PM »
Open auditions for the ballet have officially closed; however, I'm leaving this thread open in case anyone decides they want still want to audition. If anyone has any questions, drop me a PM or post here. Thank you!
 :smile:

Mataya

• Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2014, 11:22:04 AM »
I know, I'm a week out of date updating the Shanachie's productions. Given that, I'm going to wait until the run of Anthony and Cleopatra ends next weekend, and update it then. Sorry for any confusion! :???:
Life's like a play; it's not the length but the excellence of the acting that matters.

Mataya

• Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2014, 09:17:50 AM »
In the midst of all the election fever, don't forget that the Shanachie Auditions still have a day to run! I'll be closing the thread on Saturday 13th, midnight GMT+1, so if you want your character involved, you're running out of time!

Max Yako

• Wyrmling
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2014, 08:39:47 AM »
I just want to say how tickled I am with the amount of resumes posted in the 2014 Auditions thread! It's going to make for an exciting new year and new season for the Shanachie!!

Much love to all, especially the two that have really put in a lot of time, energy and hard work to keep this folder afloat! Love ya ladies! Lots and lots!!
I ain't done with you, not by a long shot.

Mataya

• Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2014, 09:51:50 AM »
I'm just going to add my voice here - thank you so much for the amazing response to the auditions thread! It'll take us a couple of days to argue about who we want to put where and send out the confirmation letters - those who auditioned for more than one company, if you have a preference, could you please let us know via a PM to either myself or Anthony De Luca, by the end of Monday?

The roll call will remain as it is for one more show, and then I'll switch it around to the new intake for the year. Please note, if you want to be removed from the Shanachie Roll Call at any time, or if you have a character who would like to audition at any other time of the year, just drop one of us a note.

:grin:

Anthony De Luca

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • The Shanachie Theater
Re:
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2014, 12:31:18 PM »
I'd just like to add my thanks to everyone who auditioned. The turn out this year has been awesome. :)

Like Mataya said, if anyone missed the auditions and still wants a part in things here, please, please, please do not hesitate to PM myself or Mataya. All we ask is that you remain active in the theater by posting a small tidbit now and then and/or mention it in your RP.

For those who are interested, we created a thread here: Rhy'Din Actor Database, and you are all welcome to add your own character profile there. It's set up to sort of mimic the actor profiles on IMDb.

Lastly, we would like to invite those of you who have auditioned to feel free to post in this folder. That's what it's for, after all!

Thanks again and welcome to the Shanachie! :)

Eregor

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2014, 10:46:18 PM »
[quote:fb852b1f29="Anthony De Luca"]Lastly, we would like to invite those of you who have auditioned to feel free to post in this folder. That's what it's for, after all! [/quote]

On that note... would it be okay to open up a thread for vignettes and short scenes for cast and crew that might not warrant a full-on story thread of their own?  I was thinking maybe "Scenes From The Green Room" or something along those lines.

Mataya

• Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2014, 09:33:00 AM »
[quote:a7b8cb379f="Eregor"]On that note... would it be okay to open up a thread for vignettes and short scenes for cast and crew that might not warrant a full-on story thread of their own?  I was thinking maybe "Scenes From The Green Room" or something along those lines.[/quote]

Absolutely. I had a similar thread running a couple of years ago, but since I was the only one posting to it, it died a death. Feel free to open up a thread for vignettes, drabbles, PoVs, whatever comes to mind!

Also - since I am amazingly on the ball for the first time this year - all new Shanachie performers now have an icon to prove it! The new roll call will go up later in the week.

Mairead Harker

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2014, 07:00:14 PM »
Thank you to the players involved with the Shanachie Theater for being a fun group. You've welcomed everyone that wants to take part with open arms and included them at every possible opportunity.

I had a wonderful time at the AMT Street Festival with Maggie in a booth to advertise Annie and other shows.

Looking forward to seeing what's in store for this year! :)
"Then again, what do I know, I'm a kid."

Kruger

• Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2014, 04:50:31 AM »
[quote:84b6d94c6d="Mataya"]Also - since I am amazingly on the ball for the first time this year - all new Shanachie performers now have an icon to prove it! The new roll call will go up later in the week.[/quote]

Thank you so much for the quick Icon! Love it!

[quote:84b6d94c6d="Mataya"]Absolutely. I had a similar thread running a couple of years ago, but since I was the only one posting to it, it died a death. Feel free to open up a thread for vignettes, drabbles, PoVs, whatever comes to mind![/quote]

I really hope you were serious about this as I have already begun a drabble? I've started something anyway.

Apollon Musag?te, ("director of the Muses"). It takes place in two Tableaux, the first containing The Birth of Apollo, and the second containing 2 variations from Apollo, one from each of the muses, Calliope, Polyhymnia, Terpsichore. It also contains dances with Apollo and the three muses, as well as Apollo and Terpsichore, finishing with the Coda and the Apotheosis.

Bear with me, as I am writing this as though Kruger is dancing the part of Apollo, remembering a performance he'd viewed before. I will be describing the dancers as he sees them, if anyone were  out there where he can't see you. I will make this an open thread simply because it might be interesting to see what IC impression is made. I'm gonna try to move quickly though so get them in while you can, or at the end.

Sorry, I seem to be long winded this morning I hope you find some enjoyment out of it.