Author Topic: Backstage - The OOC Thread  (Read 17850 times)

Anthony De Luca

• Director of the Shanachie Ballet Company
  • Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • The Shanachie Theater
Re:
« Reply #255 on: January 11, 2019, 08:07:15 PM »
Just so everyone knows, the theater is closed for maintenance until February 3rd. Hope everyone has a nice break and we'll see you back in February! :)

Mataya

• Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #256 on: April 12, 2019, 07:34:23 PM »
Josette, that piece for Ondine .... breathtaking. What a powerful piece of prose! Thank you for sharing it with us!
Life's like a play; it's not the length but the excellence of the acting that matters.

Anthony De Luca

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • The Shanachie Theater
Re:
« Reply #257 on: April 13, 2019, 09:19:37 AM »
Josette, that piece for Ondine .... breathtaking. What a powerful piece of prose! Thank you for sharing it with us!

I have to second that. Beautiful writing, Josette. Thank you. +heartu+

Josette Wheeler

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #258 on: April 15, 2019, 12:40:18 PM »
Thank you Mataya and Anthony for your incredibly kind words! It has been such a pleasure to be a part of The Shanachie Theater for these last few years. I continue to appreciate the huge effort it takes on both your parts to keep the theater and ballet companies going. I tend to struggle with getting my posts up as quickly as I would like, but it truly warms my heart to hear you enjoyed the read! <3

Anthony De Luca

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • The Shanachie Theater
Re:
« Reply #259 on: April 17, 2019, 07:46:33 PM »
Just a note that we were late posting Wicked because of real life and all. Please feel free to post for your characters anyway! We'll leave the thread open for a few weeks to give people time to post, if they so desire. Sorry about that. Better late than never!

We've also updated the calendar, in case anyone is interested in seeing what's coming up in the next few months.

As always, thanks for reading, and happy posting, peeps! :)

Anthony De Luca

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • The Shanachie Theater
Re:
« Reply #260 on: June 02, 2019, 02:41:46 PM »
We're a little behind posting here lately, but the Summer Gala is coming soon, so members of the ballet should start thinking about what they want to do with that.

I may do a little something different this year and let everyone post their own dance, so start thinking about what you want your character to be doing.

The Gala will take place from June 24-July 13. Anyone who might like a guest spot should let me know well in advance.

Any questions, drop me a PM.

Thanks for reading! :)

Anthony De Luca

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • The Shanachie Theater
Re:
« Reply #261 on: June 15, 2019, 09:51:38 AM »
SHANACHIE BALLET ANNUAL GALA NOTICE

Once again, just a reminder that the ballet's annual gala performance will be held starting June 24th.

This year, it's up to YOU to decide and post what piece you'd like your character to perform, either solo or with a partner. If your character is a member of the ballet, that gives you just one more week to decide what you would like to do for your performance.

Please note: Your performance should last no longer than a few minutes. Also, please keep your choices limited to ballet, though you may use this opportunity to perform contemporary, as well as classical pieces.

Next weekend, I will add a post to the forum and leave it open for players to post their performances. You can post your performance however you wish. Feel free to add a link to a video, if you so desire.

The point of the gala is to give the players an opportunity to feature whatever performance they so choose (within reason) for their character, so please JUST HAVE FUN WITH IT!

Once again, if anyone has any questions, feel free to drop me a PM. Thanks for reading and looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with! :)

Yasmin

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
Summer Gala
« Reply #262 on: June 28, 2019, 11:22:29 PM »
I am LOVING the Summer Gala so far!!!

Zahan - I feel really stupid for saying this, but... Oh my gosh.... What an addition a tambourine makes! No joke.  And like, I doubt I could kick higher than my waist. ...I feel like I need to go work out and do some squats or something...

Pearl - OMG! I laughed so hard. I loved this SO BAD! And then after all that, I think I sent the link to everyone I know so they could watch it! I will say this, I always believe that in order to give the appearance of being 'bad' at something, you have to know how to do it right, and then some. It is harder to 'mess up on purpose' than it appears. I loved it!

Ripple in Time - What the heck? Why have I not seen this before!?! These two amazing kids are absolutely the coolest things I think I've ever seen! I think I need to watch this show more often so I don't miss out on gems like them. Thank you so SO much for sharing this clip. I love it!

De Luca - Perfect choice. :) I have always loved Swan Lake. Granted, I love the Disney movie more. :P   ...Don't worry people, I say that with love. :)

Maggie - I loved the movie 'Leap'! I think it is so awesome that you were inspired to use a scene from it. :) I loved everything and every character in that movie, especially how the characters grew in so many ways. My favorite will always be Felicie's mentor, Odette. <3 I especially loved how you could incorporate it into a perfect scene for Maggie and her sister. :)
DJ Zazzy Yas for WHAM! 101.1FM ~ Member of the Shanachie Theater Company

Anthony De Luca

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • The Shanachie Theater
Re:
« Reply #263 on: July 06, 2019, 11:29:37 AM »
Browsing various ballets and dancers, I got to wondering which are some of your favorites. What ballets do you like most? Are there any you'd like to see us perform in the future? Who are you favorite dancers?

Discuss! :D

Mairead Harker

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #264 on: July 07, 2019, 10:53:34 PM »
On behalf of my other PC, Pearl, and NPCs, Rick and Catie, thank you, Yas! I love the Summer Gala as it gives an opportunity for our characters to display their personal favorites.

A much belated thanks to Josie's player for honoring Maggie's dueling achievement!

As far as dancers,  I've been viewing a lot of youtube videos with young dancers to get a feel for how kids dance. Some like Gisele Bethea, a ballerina from Arizona are amazing. Then are the tiny tots that are all over the place or the sassy little gal that steals the show in a tap performance to R-E-S-P-E-C-T. The one I find inspirational is Suzelle Poole, nearing 80, and still dancing.
"Then again, what do I know, I'm a kid."

Anthony De Luca

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • The Shanachie Theater
Re:
« Reply #265 on: July 12, 2019, 12:32:07 PM »
The gala is only set to run for another day, so if you haven't posted your performance yet and still wish to do so, please do so soon. We'll keep the thread open for a little while yet, in case of late comers. Thanks!

Anthony De Luca

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • The Shanachie Theater
Re: Backstage - The OOC Thread
« Reply #266 on: July 27, 2019, 02:35:18 PM »
Hello, all!

Just FYI, I've been working on cleaning up the folder and fixing pics and broken links and such. I also turned the WHAM Request Line and Green Room threads into stickies so they are easier to find.

Posted a new play today, so hope you all have fun with that!

Many thanks to those of you who've been posting replies to the shows. We enjoy reading them and hope you all enjoy writing them! You're all made of awesome. :)

As always, if anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns, let us know!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 11:51:17 AM by Anthony De Luca »

Anthony De Luca

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • The Shanachie Theater
« Reply #267 on: August 25, 2019, 09:44:13 AM »
Hi, folks! You may have noticed that the annual auditions thread has been posted. Please note that everyone - whether you are currently on the theater roll call or not - must post in the auditions thread letting us know you intend to continue with the theater for the next production year. Otherwise, we have no way of knowing who wishes to remain and who does not.

Also, please take note of the following:

* Any child character who is in STARS is automatically considered to be on the Roll Call, and does not need to audition. Just PM the character's name and age, and we'll add them to the STARS list.

* Also, a character can be a regular in one of the companies only. They can guest in two, but not if they are already a regular in one. (There are a few exceptions to this rule, because they have plausible reasons that allow them to manage it. If you believe your character should also be an exception to this rule, PM myself or Mataya to let us know.)

To clarify, if you are a regular in the Theater or Rep Company, you are committed to two weeks of long days of rehearsal followed immediately by two weeks of performances. For the Ballet, the rehearsal time runs over a month, and the performances three weeks. Rehearsals and performances for the differing companies overlap. It is just not possible for most people to be able to attend rehearsals and perform a different show in the evening. We know that on Rhy'Din anything is possible, but please be reasonable with your requests.

Please note that we make an effort to cast everyone as the shows rotate, and we do make a concerted effort to give everyone a chance at a leading role, so please watch the board for new shows to see how they might affect your character(s).

Lastly, for those who are not auditioning, there are other ways to participate in the theater, either as theater employees or as audience members. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to drop me or Mataya a PM, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

As always, thanks for reading and hope you all have fun with this! :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 09:56:14 AM by Anthony De Luca »

Anthony De Luca

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • The Shanachie Theater
« Reply #268 on: September 01, 2019, 12:53:18 PM »
Just letting everyone know that despite yesterday's deadline, there is still time to audition for the Shanachie's 2019-2020 year, as the next show scheduled is Balanchine's Apollo, which is being performed by the 2018-2019 ballet company.

We will be posting the 2019-2020 roll call soon, but you still have time to audition. If anyone has any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to PM me or Mataya. We don't bite ... hard. ;)

And forgive me for casting Tony in the lead role, but I just couldn't resist (and he rarely dances these days). :D

Anthony De Luca

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • The Shanachie Theater
« Reply #269 on: September 02, 2019, 09:24:02 AM »
Just a quick note to those who have auditioned for the ballet company ...

I'm starting to put together the roll call for the new ballet company, listing principals, soloists, and corps members. Generally, I like to pair two principals up as regular dance partners, and rotate between pairs for lead rolls.

This year, we have a number of new dancers, so I have to decide who will be paired with who, and who will be featured as soloists. Tony, Anya, and Irina would most likely make those decisions, but I'm posting this here in case anyone has a preference.

Is there another character in the ballet you would prefer to be paired with, or do any of you prefer a soloist role? I can't promise it will always work out with every show, but I will do my best to take everyone's preferences into consideration when casting.

If anyone has a preference, drop me a PM to let me know, and welcome to the Shanachie! :)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 09:25:52 AM by Anthony De Luca »