Author Topic: To Scar a Mountain  (Read 3153 times)

Iokaste

  • Wyrmling
  • *
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2010, 08:33:38 PM »
~Elsewhere~

Ektor trailed behind the fleeing villagers. There was a savage gleam in his eyes. His akra would be most pleased with the information. The villagers fled towards the base of the mountain. There had to be some sort of shelter there.

Why else would they go there?

He concentrated on his hunt until he nearly tripped over a fox in his path. A Were-hunter out here? There was a slow smile as he followed the creature. Not a Were-hunter, but a tasty treat either way. He could feel the magic in that small form.

His Akra wouldn't begrudge him a small snack?
If something as pathetic as a Greek Fury can take me down in a fight, I deserve to die. ~Sin

Storm Ravenlock

  • Young Wyrm
  • *
  • Posts: 47
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2010, 09:38:27 PM »
She did her best to try and find the tiger. She was getting worried, scared as she made her way to the outskirts of the dojo. The people were starting to flee towards the school and she could hear the disjointed words.

An Invasion and Oni rising up... Dragons and warriors.

The Sensai was right and she continued looking for Wangdak. Her mind was racing and she let out a startled yelp as that one male tripped over her.

Her animal eyes widened as she could see the malevolence in his eyes and she was his target. She now blindly ran.

~Wangdak, where are you?? Gods, help me please.!~

She prayed she could escape this creature. Now she was being hunted and she had no way to outrun this monster.

Lily Hell-Fire

  • Wyrmling
  • *
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2010, 04:26:28 AM »
"nope right side"-narrowing her eyes- "sadly, its just my job"-grinning back fangs showing her eyes flashing red-"id rather trust the ones I fight with, than ones who'd stab me in the back"

-smirking running leaping over her-"later, maybe a one on one is needed, but, I have a job to do"

- landing skillfully in heels giving chase to the one hunting the villagers-"heads up!"

-taking his head off-"oops, wrong warning loser"
The past is gone in a flash, leaving only our futures, what will yours be?

Iokaste

  • Wyrmling
  • *
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2010, 08:15:14 AM »
((Lily, I suggest you check your PMs.))

That's the thing with illusions, especially when under the control of a power psychic. They are all too real.

Case in point, the one Daimon that was held back from the fighting saw that on overly dramatic Demon Dragon facing off against her leader and turned the brunt of her abilities on her.

She thought she was was killing Ektor, but in reality she beheaded one of her own men standing right there.

She thought she was helping Audra, but in fact she was yelling at a corpse.

She was still on the battlefield with Iokaste and the Spathi just smirked as she walked away from her. It was far more satisfying to make their enemies humiliate themselves.
If something as pathetic as a Greek Fury can take me down in a fight, I deserve to die. ~Sin

The Way Less Traveled

  • Wyrmling
  • *
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2010, 12:12:00 PM »
((OOC Note: The invasion, as I understand it, starts at the portal near the Ivory Lotus teahouse. For those not in the know. the Silent Dragon Dojo (which is where this and the characters Quiet Contradiction, Michiko, and Storm are currently in the vicinity of) is about a day and a half to two days travel from that location.))

The fox would not be disappointed.

The only thing either of them would see at first is a glimmer, off to the left of their path, a brilliant white form that can't be focused upon, like an illusion, getting closer, larger...

...and with startling suddenness that glimmering form hurls itself at the pursuer with a snarl that is entirely bestial in nature.

Only it's not a glimmering, indistinct form, but rather a brilliant white tiger with furious, brilliant blue eyes, very nearly the size of a horse.

Taken completely by surprise, the man-creature doesn't have a chance to respond. From first sight to the tiger's appearance only seconds have passed, and just over half a ton of pissed-off tiger hitting you in the chest isn't the easiest thing to push away.

Long, sharply curved claws dig into the chest of the thing even as the jaws close over the neck, the tiger's head twisting and tugging. With a wet, ripping, crunching sound, the monster/man's head is torn away from his body and cast aside, even as those curving claws slice through the torso.

Again and again the tiger tears at the body, severing tendons and ripping limbs off, until quite suddenly it disintegrates into golden dust.

The tiger looks almost comically surprised and sneezes as the dust hits his nose. With a shake of its head it backs away, a low, rumbling growl in its throat as it looks around for the fox.

LordTravanix

  • Adult Wyrm
  • *
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2010, 12:44:47 AM »
(OOC: Verbosk and Trav are locked in combat - just to keep everything straight - GAME ON!)

He was strong - but not strong enough. He shifted his weight, allowing the spear to move fowards. Something dark and cold grabbed the arms of the dragon-kin and using his momentum and own strength as well as the added push of the Dark Side, flung the warrior several meters forward. More than likely, the warrior would regain his balance quickly. Travanix turned on his heels, the blade dropping into a defensive posture.

"You are weak, officer. Did our last encounter teach you nothing?"
Listen to your heart as I corrupt your mind...violate your body...and dominate your soul.

Storm Ravenlock

  • Young Wyrm
  • *
  • Posts: 47
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2010, 09:18:24 AM »
((Setting info. http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/mty/setting.php The landing point is 1/2 day out from the barrier, the Village of Jenali is 3 days from the barrier. The School is 1 1/2 to 2 days from there. Hope this helps a bit more for relative distance. The Daimon would already been inside.))

She stopped when she heard the snarl. It was the only thing that could have broken through the panic of the little Nine Tail. She peeked out of the trees to watch the ferocity with which the tiger savaged her pursuer.

She blinked as the creature tried to fight back, but had been overwhelmed by the tiger. A feeling of dread came through her as the thing disappeared in a cloud of golden dust.

The trembling kitsune came out of the trees as if in answer to the growl of the tiger. By nature, she should be terrified of the great cat, yet she knew who this was. She took halting steps from the trees to him and stopped in front of him with a soft chuffing sound.

~Wangdak.~ She sent to him. The mind voice was tinged with a sense of urgency. As much as she wanted to hide with him, she knew she had to tell him.

Dragonlover

  • Wyrmling
  • *
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2010, 01:17:20 PM »
Dragonlover: "You are a monster that cheated that day! But today... you're going down." With a roar, Verbosk charges his opponent on the field of battle at Mount Yasuo, that spear aimed directly forward.

LordTravanix: ::The dark warrior turned to the side, allowing the spear to slip past before bringing his hand down against it to break it in two.:: Pathetic, welp.

Dragonlover: With a hiss Verbosk wheels around, now bearing the ends of the staff like a pair of short swords.

LordTravanix: ::The metal blade whipped around, going for the muscles in his left arm::

Dragonlover: Verbosk ducks under the blade, then whips his tail around, targetting Trav's knees.

LordTravanix: ::Down he goes, knees buckling under him.::

Dragonlover: Verbosk leers over him, then begins to raise the spear-point over his head, like Van Helsing killing Dracula.

LordTravanix: ::He smirked.:: What are you waiting for...Hmm? Is your *honor* holding you back? ::His blade came around smacking his weapon away, clearing a path to do a flip kick into his chest while he was getting up off the ground::

Dragonlover: With a grunt, Verbosk is flung off of Travanix... but not without a set of nasty foot talons digging into skin during the fly back. The draconian keeps a hold of the club in his right hand, talons outstretched in the other. With a roar, he jumps up and sails over Travanix, attempting to hit him in the back of the head.

LordTravanix: ::He rolls out of the way, blocking with his blade the claws. As he rolls out of the way, he swelled out a kick aiming for his knee cap::

Dragonlover: With a roar, Verbosk breaks his trajectory and lands hard on his shoulder. "Ahhh!"

Dragonlover: With a flurry of wings and talons, his cool starting to loosen, Verbosk whips his left hand around as he wheels back to his feet.

LordTravanix: ::He stepps back, easily avoiding the clumsy assault. He slipped to the side, his leg arching up to do a roundhouse to his back::

Dragonlover: Okay. That's the last straw. You get close to his wings... and all hell breaks loose. As the kick is planted right between the shoulders, Verbosk roars and throws the club hard at Travanix's head.

LordTravanix: ::And the club lands right in the middle of his forehead, sending him back a few paces::

Dragonlover: He stands up, talons spread wide at his sides, and he hisses a primitive challenge at Trav.

LordTravanix: ::He shakes his head to clear the cobwebs before he does a sweep to send the welp back to the floor::

Dragonlover: Verbosk steps to the side, pivoting on his left foot, then tries to dig talons through Travs spine.

LordTravanix: GAH! ::He moans as the talons are dug in::

Dragonlover: Verbosk comes around to face Trav again, talons spread out at his sides. He hisses again.

LordTravanix: ::He arches and twists his back as he adjusts to the holes, and begins to chuckle slightly before he brings the blade down to take after his arm.::

Dragonlover: Verbosk just manages to get his arm out of the way with a tail whip at Trav's side, avoiding the blade from hewing his arm completely off. But, scales are shaved, betraying black skin underneath that is bleeding purple blood.

Dragonlover: And then, POW. Backside kick at Trav's gut.

LordTravanix: ::He bends easily to avoid the kick, shifting his weight before flipping backwards, but not before catching him under the chin with a kick::

Dragonlover: "Oomph!" The watchman is kicked and lands hard on his back. Bending his legs into his chest, Verbosk lifts himself with the momentum of his legs, then tries to plant outstretched talons into Trav's right side, piercing his lung should it land right.

LordTravanix: ::The claws pierced his flesh, but not enough to go into his lungs...barely. He growled out in pain, his eyes becoming a blood red glow. One hand shot out, his fingertips glowing for a brief second before an arch of black lightning shot towards the fool.::

Dragonlover: Verbosk pivoted to the side, tearing out flesh as he goes. He again whips the tail around, this time aiming for Trav's knee.

LordTravanix: ::He slips to the side, avoiding the tail with his leg, but reaching out with his charged hand to grasp it, and send the electricity straight into him.::

Dragonlover: Verbosk, seeing his tail missed, twirls to the side and dodges the lightning attack. He attempts another spinal tap with his talons.

LordTravanix: ::His spine is again attacked, the claws piercing then departing, the back of his uniform covered in his own blood. He winced and exhaled deeply, his eyes still blood red as he moved to take a back swipe with the katanna at the arm of the attacker.::

Dragonlover: He roars and recoils, holding a bicep with his free hand. Purple blood is pouring from the wound. The draconian is damn lucky he didn't lose the arm. He growls, then charges Trav with as much speed as he can muster, maw opened wide, and he pulls out his secret trick: Fire pours out, coming toward Travanix.

LordTravanix: ::The Dark Side flows through him, his hand reaching out to take the energy from the fire that poured out, he side stepped the rush, bring the katanna down upon the tail of the Watch officer.::

Dragonlover: The tail moves out of the way, and Verbosk attempts to land an uppercut on Trav's chin.

LordTravanix: ::He bends back, twisting to avoid the upper cut, going now for his exposed gut with a rabbit punch!::

Dragonlover: Verbosk twists to the side, and tries to land a left hook on Trav's cheek.

LordTravanix: ::He barely has time to move out of the way for the next assault to his head before deciding to bring his knee up into the chest of the dragon-kin::

Dragonlover: The air is knocked right out of him, and the watchman's knees buckle. He is starting to lose strength... but that warriors discipline always wins through. He bites at Trav's thigh.

LordTravanix: ::This time, the knee is brought up under the chin, just as he was trying to bite his leg.::

Dragonlover: Verbosk lies sprawling on his back from the chin strike. From his spot on the ground, he tries to plant a kick in the fork of Trav's legs. Sure, it's down low and unfair, but what choice does he have now?

LordTravanix: ::The impact is sharp, his body recoils as he steps back a pace. But he doesn't rest long, before jumping into the air, driving himself feet first towards the chest of his victim.::

Dragonlover: Verbosk cannot get out of the way in time. Ribs break, breath is wheezy, blood is being coughed up. But he still has fight left. He tries to bite Travs foot.

LordTravanix: ::He howls out, just as loud as the dragon-kin had, the pain intense, his foot covered in his own blood. The other booted foot makes a swift kick to his head while he's down.::

Dragonlover: Verbosk head moves away from the booted foot as Verbosk grabs Travs leg and attempts to hurl him off with whatever strength he has left into a nearby pillar.

LordTravanix: ::His body slams violently against a piller, the katanna falling to the ground. He shook his head once more to clear the cob webs. Behind him the ground rumbled as the piller was ripped from the ground without him actually touching it, and it was launched like a rocket towards Verbosk!::

Dragonlover: Verbosk manages to roll out of the way. Drawing his slingshot and loading it with a rock, he aims and fires at Trav's eye.

LordTravanix: ::The rock in the eye sends him stumbling back, more out of shock then pain. Still hurt though. He growls harshly.:: You foul little beast. I should have cut your head off our first encounter! ::This time, the air begins to chill more, becoming constricting. Lighning flashes violently over head for a moment, but no clouds have formed! Swirls of black and blue begin to form, starting small and building. His arms reach out as if to control it: A force storm has been born! Its Target: Verbosk!::

Dragonlover: Verbosk cannot easily dodge a Force attack... but he sure as hell can endure it! He runs through and launches another stone at Trav!

LordTravanix: ::The storm now running lose on the battlefield, but not at useful at this moment. He released his control, not caring where it goes and launches himself at Verbosk, his leg leading the charge in a leap kick!::

Dragonlover: Oh, Verbosk just had to lose focus that one moment. His eyes blurred as the adrenaline wears. By the time he comes to, that foot is planted right in his chest, and, as if in slow motion, Verbosk is flung backward and he lands, limply, on the ground, the slingshot lying near his hand. Travanix victory.

LordTravanix: ::He hurts, the Dark Side has managed to contain most of the lost blood, but he's still injured.:: You put up a "fair" fight, officer. Your honor let you down, and as such, you will live long enough to watch me destroy everyone and everything on this mount. ::He motioned to two guards to come take him away, binding him in chains.:: And then...I will kill you. ::He laughed as he moved towards one of the officers.::

Dragonlover: The draconian groans as the ringleader of the Resistance, spy within Travanix's walls, is carried away.

Dragonlover

  • Wyrmling
  • *
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2010, 01:38:03 PM »
Verbosk was defeated. Oh, woe is him. Him, Lily, the Den. More than likely, Travanix will take out his vengeance on the Lupinossai now... after the draconian was brutally tortured, interrogated, killed... But by the Gods...

~Don't enslave me.~

What a shame should that happen, and the Gods in all their glory decide to forsake the White Knight in scales. It would seem, however, that they already had. Word of Verbosk's fall and capture was already spreading, the human troops were dropping their weapons and running in a frenzied panic towards the School. It was an absolute mutilation, and the demonic illusions were not helping much either.

Verbosk looked up, saw the struggling dragons fight against... whatever those things were. It was up to them now. He saw, and felt, that Lily was still standing. His weak mind reached out to her before something more happened. Chains dug into the Watchman's skin as he was holstered to a battle wagon.

~Lily, keep fighting. Don't let the Mount fall. Tell Tysiath. Tell the Den, Shift, and the Shimmerscales, too. Tell them... they are alone now.~

Verbosk prayed to every God, whether he believed in them or not, for the protection of his friends.

At least it was on helluva fight.

Iokaste

  • Wyrmling
  • *
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2010, 07:39:07 PM »
"Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." Macbeth Quote (Act V, Scene V).

It was a poorly disciplines army to fall into utter chaos and retreat like it did. The fleeing human provided easy targets for the Daimons and Samurai Troopers. In short it was an utter rout...

Of course, having such chaos was like putting up a huge sign that reads "Good Eats Here." The Daimons where culling where they could, taking their fill of the ones fleeing and allowing the Samurai troopers to slaughter the rest.

The run for the school would take 4 to 5 days... Even with a head start, the survival rate was abysmal...

There was a thought from the Daimon commander as she watched the rout. "Let a couple of the human flee. They will lead us to what they perceive to be sanctuary."

Thus the bulk of the troops began moving.
If something as pathetic as a Greek Fury can take me down in a fight, I deserve to die. ~Sin

LordTravanix

  • Adult Wyrm
  • *
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2010, 12:38:29 AM »
He hurt, but the Force was quickening the pace his body healed. The dragon-kin was trussed up solidly against the makeshift battle-wagon his troopers had taken from some farmer. Extra weapons were gathered up and placed on the back of the wagon. The troopers had stripped the dragon-kin of his weapons, his armor: Leaving only his scales.

Travanix groaned slightly as he rolled his shoulder and shook his head. The sounds of battle raged on in the distance. He approached the battle-wagon. "Well, I will grant you this, little one. You gave me a very tough fight. And for that, I will grant you a little more time on this mudball world. I am going to allow you to see what is going to happen to this planet, before I kill you outright." He chuckled as he pulled out a very sharp short blade. "Even more, you are going to help me." He tapped the tip of the blade against one of the shoulder scales on Ver's arm. "I knew you were important to me."

With precision work, he began to carefully and slowly slice and cut each scale off Verbosk's body, taking in those delightful screams of pain that matched the terror and the battle that raged before him.
Listen to your heart as I corrupt your mind...violate your body...and dominate your soul.

Dragonlover

  • Wyrmling
  • *
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2010, 12:46:44 AM »
Verbosk couldn't do much to stop the troopers from taking what little armor he had, and his slingshot. But his scales... now THAT is something he will protect.

At first, the draconian seemed content, if not hopeless, for a while. A few scales were hewn off, which were prompted by hissing and a flailing tail, more out of agitation than out of pain. But then... CHOMP TIME. Verbosk managed to get his head over and try to take a chunk out Trav's hand. He wasn't the only who was going to be scarred from this ordeal, if the Watchman had anything to say about it!

The Way Less Traveled

  • Wyrmling
  • *
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2010, 10:10:15 AM »
She doesn't have to say anything more than that one word.

So much is conveyed. Some things that he knew already, of approaching trouble and others fleeing for shelter.

He had seen and heard the first whisperings of that a day ago.

Not from people, so much, as the land itself.

He hadn't been hiding, save perhaps from the man he calls the Dragon, Audra's sensei. That he had been able to hide in the Dragon's land was something he considered a triumph - he had watched more than once as the man had moved through the woods of his own domain, seeming to appear from nowhere and then be gone in an instant without leaving a trace.

Or perhaps he had not been able to. Audra would not have sought him out in the night this way unless she had been sent or everyone else were dead. And his senses, his feelings tell him this is not the case.

~We have to get you back to the dojo, my dear...it's not safe out here for you. And we'll go faster if you're riding.~

Lily Hell-Fire

  • Wyrmling
  • *
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2010, 03:43:13 AM »
-blinking hearing the message- *Verbosk, hang in there, I swear I will, and then, I'm coming for you*

-taking off to find the ones she needed to sending messages to her troops as she went fighting as she moved-
The past is gone in a flash, leaving only our futures, what will yours be?

Tysiath

  • Wyrmling
  • *
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2010, 04:00:24 AM »
Tysiath had prepared herself for the travel. She ate and drank and had plenty of rest. All for what, though? Her servant. His absence could not be tolerated. For Verbosk to treat her badly then devote himself then be missing again? This upsetted her. Even if it was battle-related. And punishment will not be so merciful from her....

With quick pace she had flown and run, switching between the two when needed, to the place that Verbosk took stand to defend. She already knew of the location since she was there far before any battle occured.  Only did she take breaks when needed. Flying was not so easy since she is wearing all her armor again and having to carry her newly made spear, but the times she did fly helped her get to the location much faster than just being on foot.

As she got closer, though, something wasn't right. Flicking her tongue out she tasted the scent of blood. In the distance she heard battle. Then realizing with her keen sight and examining the lands. The defenders of the mount were retreating and being slaughtered. Examining more of the ground she noticed a group around a battle-wagon. When she got even closer she focused hard realizing there is a draconian. She could not tell if it was Verbosk or another draconian of some kind.

With a glance to her side she saw Lily in a distance. Then she shouted, "Lily!" in hopes to get her attention and hear her, but her wings were getting tired. Tysiath can not stay in the air any longer and go to her.

She dove in towards the group and at what odd timing that her wings had to get tired. Her dive was fast and she pulled into a glide when she was going down to help slow herself, but with that extra weight on it made it harder. Eventually, she had come close to the group and landing on the ground roughly. Falling to one knee and the spear in her right hand standing on its end helping hold her up. Slowly her head looked up, panting a bit from being a little tired. Now she saw it was Verbosk chained to the battle-wagon and the man she was wary about  many times before. "What is going on here? What are you doing with my servant?" Tysiath spoke in a stern manner. She showed no fear nor did she hesitate. Although, she was not sure who was going to answer or how they would react.

She got a feeling something bad might happen, but she was ready. Tysiath was ready to defend herself. But that moment had to go into flow. She did not make any threatening stances or poses trying to remain neutral in the situation for the time being. Especially, that she had to regain her energy for a brief moment from the exhausting travel.