Author Topic: To Scar a Mountain  (Read 3152 times)

Iokaste

• Wyrmling
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 12:05:00 PM »
Dragons might have proven problematic...

... had the Spathi commander not done her bit of homework. She had been in these realms several months plotting and gathering forces for such a strike and the one thing she found...

... There was nothing more voracious an eater than a Charonte[size=9]1[/size] demon. She rolled up her sleeve revealing a dragon tattoo and purred softly.

"Draxas, Time to wake up, pet." She smiled darkly as the tattoo flew from her arm and transformed into a very beautiful, if not thoroughly goth demon. Were it not for the horns on his head, he might be able to pass for one of those Emo crowd irritating Rhy'din.

"Akra[size=9]2 [/size]called Draxas?" He rumbled quietly. He was an elder demon and had been close to Apollymi for a long time. How and why he was bonded to the Spathi was a mystery.

There was a dark smile on that pale flesh, "Draxas, summon your breathren, it's dinner time." She pointed to the dragons, "Only those overgrown lizards."

Let the carnage begin as the Charonte summoned 3 of his immediate family. The air soon filled with war cries of "BBQ!"

As the Charonte surged up to meet the Dragons, she turned her attention to the slaughter. Drawing a pair of twined Spatha[size=9]3[/size], She whirled into action, facing off personally against any defenders that got in her path.

Iokaste was an ancient warrior that never came down off of a blood high.

[size=9]1- Charonte Demon Ancient demon race the Olympian gods feared, but the Atlantean gods managed to tame. They can bond to gods, Hunters, and humans as companions. Once bonded, they can rest in the form of a tattoo on their bonded's body. Charontes are the ?ber-id, they love to shop, kill, and eat everything. Easy to annoy, dangerous when angry, and big-time fun to party with.

You do not, however, want to be killed by a Charonte. Charontes do not just destroy the body of their victim. They also destroy the ousia?the life force that exists beyond the body or soul. A Charonte can be killed by an Atlantean dagger. (There are none in Rhy'din - The Atlantean God Acheron has seen to this.)

2 - Akra - Atlantean for Mistress

3 - Spatha - Spartan swords[/size]
If something as pathetic as a Greek Fury can take me down in a fight, I deserve to die. ~Sin

Dragonlover

• Wyrmling
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 12:11:54 AM »
The troops rounded the corner, and with a war cry consisting of a massive draconian roar, Verbosk spearpointed the charge against the demon hordes.

~This isn't right. Whatever happened to the regular troops?~ Verbosk thought this to himself, undoubtedly to be heard by his dragon partner. ~This is not good. We need to eliminate the commanders quickly.~

"Captains, direct your men to target the officers! You guys," Verbosk said to his group of soldiers that he had commanded personally. "Come with me. We're going after Travanix." He roared and hissed as talons slashed and tail smashed through any demon that dared come near him. He and his group slowly, steadily, made their way toward the hulking black form of Travanix.

It was time for his revenge.

Lily Hell-Fire

• Wyrmling
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 08:04:18 AM »
-spotting the three goth demon dragons attacking the dragons looking around  flapping her great black wings watching them coming narrowing her eyes- ~this isn't good~

-bracing herself ready to fight closing her eyes taking a deep breath opening them again swooping past them- "hungry boys, come get me if you think you can"

-flapping her wings staying aloft watching her men fight then back to the three attackers-

*men, keep attacking the Mages, I will hold them off for asl long as I can!*

-thinking hearing Verbosk-

*Im not sure, but, I have bigger problems in the air, be careful of those with Shields, Iam unsure how to deal with them*
The past is gone in a flash, leaving only our futures, what will yours be?

Iokaste

• Wyrmling
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 11:59:53 AM »
Seeing as there was no demonic hordes... It was amusing to watch the defenders trip all over themselves. Even the drama in Lily losing control over 3 Charonte Demon had a smile on her lips. She turned to one of the Daimons fighting along side of her and murmured.

"(vq) Inspired notion to create those illusions." The Daimon in question was a passable fighter with an uncanny control of illusion. She ordered the woman to the back away from the immediate fighting. "Continue the confusion."

This was far easier than expected. It this was the state of the defenses on the Mountain. The villages would be a cake walk. Still, it wouldn't do to base her tactics on a few foreign entities trying to play the hero and tripping over their own feet.
If something as pathetic as a Greek Fury can take me down in a fight, I deserve to die. ~Sin

Nexiel

• Wyrmling
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 12:38:03 PM »
It had been a while since he'd last seen Sid, the only thing he could figure was that their sister had moved them. As it was, he lost several days to moping, until he remembered that he could track them. He could change forms, and surely their scents hadn't been obliterated completely. Once all of those dots connected, it was an easy matter to find he way to their old house.

No one seemed to pay the albino youth much notice. Even when he disappeared into a back alley, and came back out as a pure white wolf, with matching white eyes. Said wolf settled into an easy, mile eating lope, following a trail that only he could really sense. He hadn't thought the plan through well, he didn't know what he was going to do should he find them. Nor had he considered that there might be no welcome. After all, Audra had moved them in part to get them away from him.

He also didn't know he was walking into the line of a battle. The wolf wove it's way through the mountains, over the course of several days. Eventually coming to a halt at the dojo. He'd picked up on the chiming of a bell, but didn't know what it meant. Shifting back to a human form, and using a hint of glamor to create clothing for himself, retaining the nineteen year old's form, as he wandered near the entrance, looking for another person, and trying to decide if it was ethical to try the door.

Entirely clueless as to what he was walking into.

LordTravanix

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2010, 10:30:45 AM »
One would be defender suddenly fell to the ground, his fingers wrapped around his neck as he tried to fight off something holding back his intake of air. He shook his head violently just as a black formed figure reached down and picked up the defender's sword. The sword was quickly returned through the chest of its owner.

Travanix was already moving before the body hit the ground. The spark started small across his fingertips. It didn't take long before a ball of lightning form and was contained in his hand. It was launched off to the side at a small house, the ball becoming a lightning storm over the building causing its flamible materials to ignite suddenly.

He said nothing as he marched on, his troopers running past him to take on other defenders. He looked towards the horizon of the battle, seeing a group of troopers taking on a single "hero". Finally, a real challenge. Or at least, a good distraction. The last of the troopers taking on the hero fell, the hero turning and charging on the black uniformed figure. His blade coming up to strike at him!
Listen to your heart as I corrupt your mind...violate your body...and dominate your soul.

Dragonlover

• Wyrmling
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2010, 11:44:03 AM »
Verbosk tried to instill calm amongst the defense as panic started to overwhelm them, and a couple even defected and surrendered, providing intelligence about troop movements.

If one thing could be counted on, the courage of men was nothing against demons, imagined or not.

The draconian himself was panicking as well, but he was cool and calm as well. He was the instigator! He had to show strength and courage! He roared loudly, trying to rally his men. This was a losing battle--the psychological aspect was too much for his warriors.

But the only thing that stood between him and almost certain victory was the capture of Travanix--and there he stood, a dark tower, peaked by evil eyes, emitting lightning from his tall seeming. Verbosk removed the slingshot from its holster and armed a rock within the magazine. Pulling it up, Verbosk aimed the sharp rock right for Travanix's left eye... and RELEASED!

LordTravanix

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2010, 11:59:14 AM »
To take advantage of an enemies distraction was one thing - to take advantage of it while he's in battle shows a tactition's skill. The blade that was coming down on him was grabbed by bare hand, a dark smirk on his lips and pulled into the path of the incoming projectile. A shame the sword was made of metal and conducts electricity. Dark lighting coursed through his fingers and traveled along the sword faster than the hero could release.

The jolt of the lightning sent the hero 6 meters back, causing him to crash through a house wall. Auburn eyes turned to the Watch Officer. "Set yourself up as a defender of the realm, have you. I wonder what those of your brethern would think of you when I tell them that you caused the deaths of hundreds of their ranks." He laughed darkly. The blade was flipped in hand, the bloodied fingers catching the hilt of the hero's weapon. "But then again, you betrayed me, as well. You simply cannot hang on to a single loyal goal, can you, officer."
Listen to your heart as I corrupt your mind...violate your body...and dominate your soul.

Dragonlover

• Wyrmling
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2010, 04:39:30 AM »
In a classic battle climax, it almost seemed as though a small circle was created just for them as the two masterminds came face to face in the arena of battle. Verbosk unslang the spear from his back, built from the wood of an aspen tree--very flexible and light, but very strong as well--after holstering the slingshot.

"My loyalty lies to the people of RhyDin, to Clan and Tribe, and the might of Tississk! You killed my brothers in uniform, not me! This time, you're not getting out of here alive. This is for Lady Icer and all the people you have killed!"

Ever the White Knight in scales. Hearken the Dark Horseman of War. Verbosk waited.... patiently. Never make the first move.

Lily Hell-Fire

• Wyrmling
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2010, 01:51:34 PM »
-letting loose a roar glaring at the attacking dragons diving at the ground breathing black hells fire at the mages and scorching the lands swooping up landing on a building carefully letting a powerful roar rip from her watching her troops fight with Verbosks-

"as for you three"

-leaping into the air attacking one her jaws finding ones neck biting down before tossing it to the ground snarling turning diving to the ground dodging thier attacks-

*Im having fun!*

-laughing in Verbosks head-

LordTravanix

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2010, 11:33:58 AM »
"You are a fool, officer. I could have shown you true power...alas,  you will discover that power before you ever lived." The blade brought up, stained with the blood of his own hand. "Do not worry about my prowes with this weapon, officer. I assure you: It is just as deadly in my hand as my lightsaber was against your throat."

With the Force, he leapt into the air, his blade coming down to crash against the defense of the staff in his hands. "I will enjoy gutting you like the beast you are!"

Iokaste

• Wyrmling
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2010, 11:52:18 AM »
She chuckled, cutting her way through the defending forces. Let the dark lord handle that brash fool, she would press on with the mission.

Two of the demons continued to fight through the dragons with screams of "BBQ" and "Lunchtime!" Odd battle cries to be sure, but they were hungry.

The third Demon dropped to the ground near Iokaste as planned and started fighting along side her. Back to back as they had practiced. The Defenders really didn't stand a chance against the Atlantean trained fighters.

"Draxas, to me." Iokaste commanded and the demon returned to her arm as a tattoo. She honestly liked that demon far too much to let him be harmed.

She watched the villagers, those that could not fight start fleeing. She grabbed one of her daimons.

"Follow them, and report where they are going to ground."

Dragonlover

• Wyrmling
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2010, 12:24:32 PM »
Verbosk skillfully rolled out of the way of the oncoming blast from above. The time for words was over; now, we fight!

With a loud hiss, Verbosk lunged forward, feet planted and wings pressed tight to his back, spear-point in front, aiming to dig that instrument of destruction deep in Travanix's left kidney.

Lily Hell-Fire

• Wyrmling
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2010, 02:11:42 PM »
-looking at two shadow riders- *follow the innocents get them to safety and eat! any who are enemy*

*I NEED INFORMATION ON THESE THINGS*

-diving at the two demon dragons slamming them into the ground hard splitting her tail spikes running electricity through them  slamming the pointed end into the demon dragons hard letting out a roar-

*give me a count of how many lost souls so they can be collected and put into the underarmy*

-the commanders nodded and sent out shadow runners as scouts taking her human form pulling out her katana slicing through two oncoming ground troops-

*having fun Rider?*

Iokaste

• Wyrmling
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2010, 09:43:41 AM »
In the grand scheme of things, the two remaining Charonte Demons were meant to be chew toys. She knew the dragons would not be able to kill the demons, but they would make a fine distraction, keeping the dragons afield near Travanix.

In terms of souls, unseen by the defenders on the whole, the Daimons were not letting such tidbits go to waste. The Commanders themselves would run into Iokaste herself.

And with 10,000 years of combat experience under her belt, they would not find her an easy target. The Ancient Atlantean cut through their defenses like butter and pressed the attacks on those commanders. Until she came upon Lily herself.

A malevolent grin spread across her lips as she stated plainly, "Are you sure you are not on the wrong side?"

A Defender harvesting souls was such a travesty afterall.