Author Topic: To Scar a Mountain  (Read 3151 times)

LordTravanix

  • Adult Wyrm
  • *
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
To Scar a Mountain
« on: October 14, 2010, 06:50:23 PM »
The troop transport hissed to a stop just outside the city of Rhy?Din. Before them rested was the path leading to Mount Yasuo. A black uniformed figure disembarked from the transport as did a few others. He moved towards a spot and stopped. He reached back, while another handed him a small metallic sensor ball. He lobbed it out in front of him. A meter away, the ball disintegrated into its pieces, crashing into the ground. He nodded, satisfied. He had been studying the area for a while, and had seen the effects of the barrier that protected this mount. He had also been pragmatic and sent in spies.

Now was the time. He turned away from the barrier and nodded. The transport opened on one side allowing hundreds of Stormtroopers to fall out. But they were not like the others that had been deployed on the surface. These were redesigned troopers to fight in this environment. Their armor was more appropriate, no technology. Their blasters had been replaced with swords of the finest quality and their hand to hand combat abilities were exemplified. These troopers would see to it that his rule on this planet would be complete.

?You have your orders. Take them.? He turned back towards the barrier as the ?samurai? stormtroopers moved onto the mount?s path. They would bring the same form of destruction to this area. The mages followed behind them barking orders and keeping the men in line. There was no place on this mudball that he could not conquer.
Listen to your heart as I corrupt your mind...violate your body...and dominate your soul.

Quiet Contradiction

  • Wyrmling
  • *
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 08:56:03 AM »
[size=9]~The Silent Dragon Dojo~[/size]

The dream has been the same for weeks.

It's one he's had before, off an on, since being a child, but now, recently, it's been recurring for weeks.

Of walking through a cavern. The smell of damp earth, the sound of dripping water, the faintly rippling gleam of light reflecting off of puddles of water.

Until he reaches a huge chamber, where darkness reigns...and something slumbers.

As always, he pauses in the entrance of the chamber, straining to see what the shadows hide in their depths. He doesn't know what is there, only that it's something important...something he's been struggling to see his whole life.

Usually, this is where the dream ends, always on the cusp of seeing what is in that seemingly endless blackness.

Only this night, there's something new.

In that abyssal darkness, a pair of eyes open and stare directly at him.

Huge eyes. Red eyes that hold in their depths a heart of flame.

And yet, he is not afraid. Those eyes are not evil - on the contrary, they hold a depth of wisdom the like of which he has not ever seen.

And then the voice speaks - a voice that is as familiar to him as his own, and yet at the same time strange in a way he can't define.

"Awaken, Ryutaro, son of the dragon. Awaken and realize once and for all who you are...for there is little time left. Death comes to visit these lands, destroying all that is in its path.

Awaken, Ryutaro..."


With a sudden gasp, he sits up in bed that he and Michiko share in his dojo, his temple, his eyes open onto darkness.

The words echoing in his ears, and a sudden feeling of dread, a premonition of danger, weighing heavily in his heart.

He knows it wasn't just a dream, that warning...that trouble is indeed coming.

That they need to prepare.

Shaking the shapely form next to him gently, he speaks with urgency in his voice. "Michiko, anata...come. We must get up and get ready...there is trouble coming our way."
One should not be envious of someone who has prospered by unjust deeds. Nor should he disdain someone who has fallen while adhering to the path of righteousness.

- Imagawa Sadayo

Dragonlover

  • Wyrmling
  • *
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 12:18:34 PM »
Verbosk had been encamped at Mount Yasuo. It was probably clear by now to his target that the Watch HQ had not been attacked yet. It was all just as well--Verbosk had a viable excuse. Wanted to wait for the Watch to be distracted before he made his move. One could always use smart strategy as a cover for his true motives.

This time, though, there would be no cowering. No deceit. Just the raw, savage power of War. This time, the draconian will follow his instincts. He will drive a talon straight through the heart of the evil man who had killed his friends and partners, enslaved his warder, and threatened the one thing that he cared for more than anything else: His newborn hatchlings.

This time, it is personal.

Verbosk was adorned in such a way to prove that he was out for blood. On his back, mounted in a tight sheath that was strapped to his body by reeds from the Southern Glen, stretching across his as-usual bare chest, was a primitive spear, custom-built for his own hands, the point carved out of obsidian and held to the staff by sinew of a strong, young buck. Dangling at his side, a slingshot, held in a device much like a gun holster. On the other side, a pouch, made of the stomach of the same buck, filled with small rocks and pebbles.

Additional markings had joined the ones that marked him as Hlask to the Lupinossai Den Alpha. Next to the tattoo of the Wolf Clan imprinted on his right breast, there was a pair of crossed spears, blood dripping from the end of each. Tribal markings, mainly lines and spirals, adorned his face and the whole of his body. Yes, they did make him look fierce--that was just the point. When the time would come, Verbosk hoped that the plan would work, and his face, bloodied or not, would be the last face that Travanix would ever see.

The only challenge that stemmed from his change of location was the men. Verbosk had two hundred warriors at his disposal, but not only were they improperly equipped to battle on the technophobic Mount Yasuo, the captains were instantly suspicious. It took quite the handful of bribes and promises of power and new status, and the occassional smackdown or two, to get Verbosk to claim their loyalty. Being a Watch officer helped sometimes.

But the basic infantry had no weapons, as they were armed primarily with rifles that wouldn't work on the Mount. It took quite a bit of work to solve that little pickle, but after a long all-nighter, Verbosk had managed to craft clubs, slings, and, courtesy of the Master of the Chainned Inn, stole a couple of katanas from the armory that he proferred, gratefully, to the officers and some of the more skilled frontline soldiers. It was a ragtag group, and Verbosk was sure they would suffer numerous casualties. But, a good warrior fights the good fight, whether it be win or loss. If anybody, Verbosk would remain standing until he was cleaved into a thousand pieces.

This time, war will come.

This time, there will be battle.

And for Verbosk, he wouldn't want it any other way...

Michiko

  • Young Wyrm
  • *
  • Posts: 15
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 12:39:35 PM »
At first she is deeply dreaming of a time when she was younger and training. Her *uncle* had been a noble of power within the Unseelie Courts and had come to her after that horrible accident. She still blamed herself for.

The training, the pushing of her limits. She was faster, stronger than most but she was also half human and not immortal.

At first she is dropped out of her dream into semi-wakefulness as Ryutaro sits up suddenly. She was fighting the dregs of sleep and her own dreams when he moved to shake her gently. There is an urgency in his voice she could not ignore.

"Michiko, anata...come. We must get up and get ready...there is trouble coming our way."

She was awake then. Not happily so, but then she had a feeling that he had a premonition that was about to come true. She had hoped she would not have another fight like the Tower. Reality however dictated otherwise.

She sat up and ran a gentle hand along Ryutaro's back, soothing him. "Do you want me to gather the students, anata?"
[size=9:fd9a268dbf]“Integrity is not a conditional word. It doesn't blow in the wind or change with the weather. It is your inner image of yourself, and if you look in there and see a man who won't cheat, then you know he never will.”[/size:fd9a268dbf]

Iokaste

  • Wyrmling
  • *
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 07:18:42 AM »
Just on the outside of the barrier the boltholes started opening. It was predetermined coordinates that had been relayed to the Samurai Troopers. As they had been planning, Iokaste was bringing through her more seasoned Daimons. These were Daimons that had been training under her command for a few centuries, Spathi entrusted to her or the newer Apollites that she was harvesting from a community she found on Rhy'din.

She had been surprised and quite pleased to find one of the lost communities from the Trojan Wars. They still remember what it was like to fight to survive and adapted wonderfully. Because they still were cursed, they were very much angered by Apollo and willing to join their side.

The Daimons blended into the *Samurai* Troopers seamlessly, a mixture of Samurai armor and Ancient Grecian. Even Iokaste had a modified set of micromesh under the leather trenchcoat she wore.

It was thus that the ancient Spathi approached the Samurai Commander.
If something as pathetic as a Greek Fury can take me down in a fight, I deserve to die. ~Sin

Lily Hell-Fire

  • Wyrmling
  • *
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 02:25:28 PM »
-standing in place as ordered her admirals at her sides looking at them her long neck twisting gracefully the demonic dragoness and the others waited patiently for the battle looking over the fighters and riders-

"this is all we can do gents, we wait, I hope father will guide us"

-All the admirals heads bow to the ground in reverence of the words spoken by the queen of them all then moving to there squads-


-taking a deep breath her eyes closed blending into the darkness still and waiting-
The past is gone in a flash, leaving only our futures, what will yours be?

Quiet Contradiction

  • Wyrmling
  • *
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 01:28:19 PM »
"Do you want me to gather the students, anata?"

He nods as he pulls on a pair of pants - black - and heads for the door. "Yes. I don't know where the trouble is, only it's coming to these lands. Send Audra to see if she can find her Shao'lin friend as well - I know he has been staying around the temple somewhere, and we need all the help we can get."

Slipping out of the room, he heads for the entrance to the Dojo, stepping out of the doors and into the still night air, the chill and mist of the earliest of morning.

The voice, the eyes in his dreams, and the warning...and the cryptic message.

Awaken and realize once and for all who you are...

What does it mean to him?

He suspects he will find out soon enough.

He does not notice the fiery flicker in his own eyes, so much like the eyes he had seen in his dreams...and it never occurs to him that the early morning chill is not even felt as its insidious breeze brushes across his body.
One should not be envious of someone who has prospered by unjust deeds. Nor should he disdain someone who has fallen while adhering to the path of righteousness.

- Imagawa Sadayo

Michiko

  • Young Wyrm
  • *
  • Posts: 15
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 02:43:57 PM »
"Yes. I don't know where the trouble is, only it's coming to these lands. Send Audra to see if she can find her Shao'lin friend as well - I know he has been staying around the temple somewhere, and we need all the help we can get."

It took her a bit longer to dress. The premonition had her preparing with her micromesh armor. It has saved her life on more than one occasion. The bodysuit was lightweight and very durable. She adds on a pair of sheathes for her sai and her paired daisho set.

She stopped a moment to look at her left hand, feeling the stirring just beneath the surface. The Duels had awakened the Hand of Fear, but was dormant most of the time. She clenched her fist and headed for the Student?s Quarters. No time for subtlety as she reached the bell that signaled meals and classes. It also served for emergencies.

At this moment, they only had three students. There just wasn?t enough time.

A moment later came the two youngest students, bleary eyed from being awakened from sleep. Audra herself was already dressed and wide awake. Good?

?Audra, find your Shao?lin friend.? She looked over the three, ?There is danger coming and Sensai believes we will need his help.? She didn?t wait for acknowledgement, ?You two, Come with me.?

Since her recovery, she had been acting as a mother figure of sorts. She knew these children to be orphans after a fashion, and She? well She could not abide by that.
[size=9:fd9a268dbf]“Integrity is not a conditional word. It doesn't blow in the wind or change with the weather. It is your inner image of yourself, and if you look in there and see a man who won't cheat, then you know he never will.”[/size:fd9a268dbf]

Storm Ravenlock

  • Young Wyrm
  • *
  • Posts: 47
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 02:55:47 PM »
The ringing of the bell roused her from her meditation. She was always up early and meditating. It was how she replenished the magic that was part of her existence. The meditation allowed her to focus on her lessons. Though sometimes she could not stop the presence of Wangdak creeping into her thoughts.

Still, she was already dressed and stepping out of her own room behind her siblings when Sensai Ito spoke up.  

?Audra, find your Shao?lin friend. There is danger coming and Sensai believes we will need his help. You two, Come with me.?

Audra was stunned on a couple of levels. First, was knowing that they had a family here now. The Sensai?s looked after them like parents. It felt good.

Second was the realization that they knew about Wangdak. Well, she knew on an intellectual level but hearing it confirmed shocked her.

She nodded and slipped quietly into her quarters. In her mind, four feet would serve better than two. A moment later there was a little fox running towards the outskirts of the temple. She sniffed around, looking for him. She had a vague idea, but if he didn?t want to be found, he wouldn?t be found.

She realized as she looked how much she missed him...

LordTravanix

  • Adult Wyrm
  • *
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 02:31:24 AM »
The specially designed and assigned troops were without match when it came to basic training and format of hand to hand and the art of a broadsword. However, an extra edge was never a bad tactical move.

Riding upon the blue slaved dragon, Icer, Travanix had ridden through the air with little regard to what was going on below in the city and its outskirts. The night sky was now full of the flames below and the raging starship battle above. Romax would be able to keep the planet's outside guests from getting in the way.

He had no belt upon his hip, no saber at his back. The field would destroy those items, and he had no time to deal with such silliness. The Force would be enough to contend with the heathans. He pushed Icer into a dive, going right to the barrier - He did not want her collar destroyed..not yet. She was still important. He dropped off her back as she hovered a few feet, her wings beating. "Return to the Inn. Your night is not yet done, my dear."

There was a simple nod from the beast as he moved towards the barrier line. She turned and began flying off obediantly. His arms folded behind him as he moved past it. His troops were beginning an excellent raid on the small villiage there.

Much like everything else, soon it would all be his.
Listen to your heart as I corrupt your mind...violate your body...and dominate your soul.

Dragonlover

  • Wyrmling
  • *
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 03:46:06 AM »
Verbosk could hear the sounds of battle close. Already, his men properly armed, and the officers properly paid off, they were in their ranks and ready to fight, even though the absence of the key backlines players would prove to be a challenge. Verbosk looked to his captains, confirming their squads readiness.

All nodded the confirmation.

Verbosk looked behind him, towards where his dragon allies lay in wait. Across their mental link, Verbosk spoke to his bound partner--not slave, like what the monster had done to his mentor and oldest friend--across their link.

Lily, tell your men to target the mages. We have to eliminate those. We will deal with the troops as long as we can. But, in the name of the Gods, get rid of those mages. They will be there.

Upon the sending of that message, Verbosk turned to his men, then signalled to get down and report to their specific positions, ready for the ambush. The commander himself, traitor to Travanix yet the only one, as far as he knew, that stood a chance against the masses that threatened RhyDins very existance, took a spot in the bushes with about 25 men at his back and a katana-armed officer. He unslinged the spear from his back and prepared. The time had come. The board is theirs.

Iokaste

  • Wyrmling
  • *
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 09:28:57 AM »
The problem with intelligence, it is rarely complete. Especially when new players enter the fray. The Grecian styled warriors had been trained from the cradle on combat and tactics, even the new turned ones.

Spearheading the drive was the Spathi warrior. As deadly as they come, there was no fear in her. She lead the troops into the first village and there was no mercy. Those that were not killed outright, would be herded like cattle for the Daimons to feast.

The Daimons were very specific in their targets. Pregnant females, mages... These were herded off, or even consumed on the spot. To those that didn't know better, it looked like a coven of vampires had been unleashed.

They would be in for a surprise.
If something as pathetic as a Greek Fury can take me down in a fight, I deserve to die. ~Sin

Icer1978

  • Ancient Wyrm
  • *
  • Posts: 1144
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 11:05:57 AM »
Not once would she disobey the man upon her back, pushing her on. Going into a steep dive, she paused just before the barrier, letting her master dismount.

"Return to the Inn, your night is not yet done my dear." A nod of her head assured Travanix she understood. Soon she had wheeled around midair wings beating as she disappeared into the distance, returning to the Inn and her post.

Lily Hell-Fire

  • Wyrmling
  • *
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 11:13:19 AM »
-opening her eyes-

*with pleasure, friend*

-spreading her wings letting out a roar the shook the earth and thundered the skies with her orders-

*Men and women of my kingdoms, orders have come, we take out thier Mages! let us show them our might and Magic, may Shadow and Tetronus guide our courage and our aincients praise our battles*

-taking off and flying at the targets the sky a mass of black, red, blue, white fire, Ice and earth-

*lets show them Verbosk*
The past is gone in a flash, leaving only our futures, what will yours be?

LordTravanix

  • Adult Wyrm
  • *
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 11:45:59 AM »
The screams of the slaughtered were without equal!

He personally tore through a line of defenders, the Dark Side simplifying his speed and strength. Reaching through the Force, he strangled, burst blood vessels, crushed hearts and shattered bones. All the while enjoying the feeling. Those that dared to practice some form of melee combat were met on superior ground.

The mountain would be scared with the  blood of those that got in his way.
Listen to your heart as I corrupt your mind...violate your body...and dominate your soul.