Author Topic: Sg?ils a'd Cuimhne Riamh  (Read 4089 times)

Sorcha Mirawien

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re: Sg?ils a'd Cuimhne Riamh
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 03:48:56 PM »
[size=16]The man that entered was a bit of a surprise. For one thing he was huge but she also was instantly hit with the wave of chaotic energy that he was radiating and it caused her to step back, nearly tripping over a chair.

The armor he wore reminded her instantly of her father but the second he removed the helm, she had to blink again in surprise. She had fully expected him to be older, more battle hardened and maybe even scarred like her father?s second.

She knew he had been undead at one point, but by the look of him as he hugged his wife, he had carried none of that decay in his change. For an older man he was surprisingly well preserved. None of her research had prepared her and that was apparent as she had made yet another erroneous assumption.

?Lucius Love, this is Sorcha Mirawien, the young lady I told ye about.? Fiona made the introductions with another quiet smile.

Turning towards the woman he bowed his head politely as steely-gray eyes moved over her. She couldn?t determine what he felt as it seemed all mingled up within the chaos so she simply returned the nod.

?Nice to meet you Sorcha.? A gauntlet was then extended towards her.

Her gaze flicked down towards the hand and she had to force herself to take it. A firm but brief shake following. Even with them both wearing gloves it felt to her like she touched a live wire and had to keep from shaking out her fingers afterward. ?Nice to meet you as well Lord DeAuster.?

?Love? Where are the children?? Sinking down smoothly into the chair she had occupied before Fiona glanced over towards Luc as he kicked his own seat out and folded his large frame down into it.

?They will be along shortly.? Was his reply as he pulled the heavy leather from his hands and tossed them down on top of the maps spread out on the heavy table.

Sorcha had returned to she place near Fiona and just eased back down, hoping he hadn?t noticed anything unusual about her behavior. Considering she herself wasn?t acting in her usual unflappable way, she could hope he just thought her that way in general. Well, Fiona?s warnings had been warranted. He was certainly something. She wasn?t sure what that something was, but the level of chaos he radiated was unnerving.

?Hello Mum!? A slim young woman came running in with a bundle of flowers in her hand and bright smile on her face. It was apparent she was the daughter. She looked like her mother with the exception of her hair and height lacking an inch or two. ?Sorry for the delay. Had to pry a country miss off Danny. She was stuck like glue it seemed.? Her words followed by giggles and a snort rang out behind her.
[/size]
[color=#306754:1ac2eecb36]Lady Sorcha Zelari Mirawien
Shadow Assassin

[i:1ac2eecb36]Close call there in the shadows
There's a fear in the dark
There's one out there
Out of the Shadows -Sarah McLachlan[/i:1ac2eecb36][/color:1ac2eecb36]

Sorcha Mirawien

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2009, 03:55:21 PM »
[size=16]Stepping inside with a slightly irritated expression on his lean features came the son. The look of him also followed the lines of his mother, even if he was built more like his father. The eyes however were slightly different and if one didn?t know his grandfather, might wonder about their color. ?Shut up Cie.?

?Why should I? It was funny!? More laughter as bright pale emerald green eyes just danced.

?Ye should have seen the look on his face when she started bragging about how many pigs her father had and what a great dowry they would make. It was priceless!? Cieara added rather gleefully.

The young man took up a lean against the large table with arms folding over his chest and shooting another disgusted look at his younger sibling.

Fiona?s lips twitched faintly with a slight arching of a brow. ?How did ye manage to rescue him Cieara??

?Oh, I just told her that she was very blessed to have so many pigs, but Daniel be allergic to pork, so she might need find another man for that honor.? More laughter as she dropped down into a chair next to her mother and pushed a tumble of auburn curls from her flushed face.

Luc just leaned back with a hand brushing against his goatee and the act likely was hiding a smile behind it.

?She then mentioned chickens, but we managed to escape before she was able to go into any great detail.? Daniel?s comment was flat as he just shot his sister another look that held a promise of retribution.

Sorcha was only able to just look from one to the other as her senses fairly reeled at the impact of such unguarded emotion. If that wasn?t bad enough, she was also clearly sensing the darker aspects both those young people carried and it was far stronger then she had actually expected. Again the warning had been made but she had taken the value to be lower then the fact.

Fiona gave a low laugh and just nodded to her daughter, before turning to gaze at Daniel. Seconds later he just looked away from his sister, the look fading from his tanned features.

?I would both like ye to meet Sorcha Mirawien, she be the young lady I told ye about.?

Cieara bounced up to her feet with a quick smile and thrust a small gloved hand towards the girl. ?Nice to meet ye Sorcha.?

Rising herself with a bit more grace then speed she took the hand and gave another firm shake but as always removed it as soon as it was polite. The girl wasn?t nearly as overpowering as the father, but Cieara?s lack of emotional guards was a little surprising for her. ?A pleasure.?
[/size]
Shadow Assassin

There's one out there

Sorcha Mirawien

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 05:33:44 PM »
[size=16]?Oh, she?s the relative on Grandmum?s side we are supposed to show around Mom?? Daniel asked before pushing from that lean and stepping over. Those glittering blue-green eyes moving over her in a manner she recognized. She fought that instant urge to giving him a challenging glare, simply not wanting to start off with antagonist tension if possible.  

?Aye Daniel. Sorcha?s mother be related to the queen by marriage and her father is related to ye Grandmother, Lyllianne.? An approving glance sent towards the young lady as her son?s inspection was just short of insolent. In the next moment however, that look was replaced with a suddenly charming smile, as his mother?s gaze jolted him out of whatever thoughts he might have been having.

Unlike the sister, Sorcha realized this one did have some barriers, even as her innate senses could easily pick up on that dark edge just hovering near the surface, she hadn?t been able to catch the thoughts. Knowing then he had blocked her from that very thing and that made her eyes narrow slightly.

She again gave his gloved hand a shake, but found it trapped and wasn?t able to pull back from it until he finally released her stiff fingers from his grasp. To any looking it didn?t appear at all unusual, as it had only been a few seconds, but it made Sorcha aware that that youth?s darker side was more mature then Fiona suspected.

?I expect ye both to look out for Sorcha and she will do the same for ye. She?s one of the Order and does have training neither of ye have so if she feels a threat, I would ask ye listen. Sorcha, the same can be said for my children. Ye are now in their world. They understand the ways of war and if they say move, tis a good reason for it.? Fiona told them all precisely what she expected as none looked at all angered at it, it seemed to have worked.

?Now, I have asked that Sorcha?s tent be placed near yours Daniel, since Cieara nae has her own. I took the liberty of providing ye with a few things as well. Out here, they be needed.? Fiona rose quietly and strolled over towards Lucius, who had been watching and listening but remained silent for now. ?Love, I wish ye and the others to come home this weekend. There be some things we need to discuss, but I nae care to do that here.?

[/size]
Shadow Assassin

There's one out there

Sorcha Mirawien

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2009, 05:42:19 PM »
[size=16]?As you wish Fiona.? Lucius looked up with a slow smile moving over his bearded features and one arm rose to enfold her against his side. The steel-gray eyes then moved to each of his children in turn. ?Sorcha is a guest and I expect both of you to treat her respectfully. You know how unpredictable things are out here so do not leave her behind. She doesn?t know this area.?

?Daddy! I would naught do that!? Cieara instantly huffed where she sat, sprawled back in a camp chair.  

Daniel didn?t even bother to answer, just glanced over at his father with a faint frown on his brow.

?Besides, Mum says she be with the Order, that means she can shadow walk, so we shall nae leave her behind, we will just take her with us.? Cieara continued and sent her father an impish grin.

?Good. Now go show Sorcha around but stay close to the camp. We have a night raid planned and I don?t want to have send any out to find you.? Lucius then added, with a glance turned up to Fiona leaning against his shoulder.

?Of course Daddy!? Again the girl sprang nimbly from her seat. ?Come on Sorcha. Nae mind Danny, he can actually be rather nice, It is just taking him time to recover from his earlier experience in dealing with the clinging vine.?

The brother didn?t say a word but Sorcha caught a moment of irritation rising from him before it just snapped off. She found that oddly unsettling, in much the same way his father?s aura had. That sort of control without training was impressive.

?Oh that tent just behind Danny?s must be for ye Sorcha.? Cieara skipped ahead a few feet and grinned. ?Since Mum got it set up for ye, should be pretty decent. Just hope ye don?t mind the cold. I hate it so sleep in with Daddy as his tent is always warm.?

Moments later Sorcha had a look inside, relieved to find it actually wasn?t as cold as she had expected. It was cozy, and the pallet of pillows and furs looked comfortable enough. Considering she had slept in far worse places over the past few years, this wasn?t bad at all.

?Oh look! Mum had them put a camp heater in here. Means ye will need to collect wood for it, but it be better then nothing.? The girl chuckled suddenly. ?Might join ye some nights when Daddy and Daniel are in bad moods. They are really uncomfortable to be around then, and even more so when they both blow.?

?Cieara can ye stop trying to scare her?? Moving inside now, the tent seemed to shrink in size suddenly and Sorcha just glanced over a shoulder at the siblings while Daniel commented to his sister. ?That hasn?t happened in a long time.?

Daniel glanced around the area for a moment and then flicked a look over at Sorcha. ?Nae mind Cie, she has this thing about trying to shock others.?

[/size]
Shadow Assassin

There's one out there

Sorcha Mirawien

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2009, 07:57:30 PM »
[size=16]Sea colored eyes swung instantly towards the younger girl with an arching of a brow. ?Why??

Color rose in Cieara?s pale features and she sent a look at her brother before giving a shrug. ?I nae think it would be all that shocking actually. It?s also true that neither of them are easy to be around when they get angry.?

A snort from Daniel at his sister?s words and he turned and stepped back out. ?Did Mom arrange for ye to have a mount while you?re here Sorcha??

Slipping out behind him, she instantly stepped back, as he was suddenly far to close for her comfort and gave a quick shake of her dark brown head. ?Nae, I don?t think so. We came via the shadows.?

?Ye will be needing one for tonight?s raid. Might as well find one for ye now.? He started off towards the stables letting the other two fall in step behind him. ?Do ye have a preference to what sort of mount you like??

?I nae like one that be akin to a nag.? Words coming quietly and politely, before she added. ?I have been riding since I was four years old, so can handle even the most unruly of beasts.?

?We acquired a number of them in the last skirmish. I am sure there will be one that will suit.? Came his response to her statement. He soon let her wander along the paddocks, seeking a mount for her own use. She soon settled on one large brown stallion that looked less skittish then the rest.

?Carlin over there handles the horses, but never hurts to let him know if there is something wrong when ye turn them over to him.? She was then informed while Cieara hung over a fence railing looking bored.

Soon enough she was shown all the camp?s amenities, from the shower tents that offered hot water all the way down to the mess hall. It was apparent that Daniel was far more informed about the management of such an environment then his sister. He pointed out those that repaired armor, and weapons. Took her over to where the healers cared for the injured. Even provided her with some small glistening vials that worked for quick first aid in most instances. All the while Cieara trailed along having become curiously quiet.

By the time the tour was done, Sorcha was thinking that maybe she had simply imagined that first look from Daniel, as his manner had been polite and distantly friendly without anything else to set off her defenses. It also appeared to the outsider that while Cieara was the more bubbly and outgoing of the pair, she did have the wisdom to defer to her brother?s obviously superior knowledge regarding the camp and the workings of it. As neither seemed as unruly as she had first expected, she was silently relieved. This post might not turn out as stressful as she had first thought.
[/size]
Shadow Assassin

There's one out there

Fiona DeAuster

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2009, 12:31:20 AM »
[size=15]As the children left, Fiona continued to watch until they were well out of sight and turned to gaze down at Lucius. One gloved hand rising to caress his whiskered cheek gently. ?Have a care tonight Love. I am nae sure but suspect that Sorcha will nae handle this battle well. It is nae the same thing as what she be used to.?

Capturing her hand against his cheek he pulled her down into his lap with a quick smile followed by a questioning glance. ?What do you mean Fiona??

?It be a gut feeling Sweet, and one I am nae certain.? Arms coiling lazily around his neck as she continued to regard him somberly. She didn?t really know how to fully put it into words and was searching for the best way to convey her thoughts. ?Tis? what I feel from her darkness that gives me pause. It be restless and chaffing within the controls placed upon it and any chance it has it will seek to break.? Pausing a moment with a slight tilting of her raven dark head. ?I have nae lost control of my own often, but admit it can be harder in the heat of battle to keep it contained. Especially one of ye campaigns. I be certain the girl has nae ever been exposed to the energy that is usually unleashed.?

?I will try and keep and eye out for that Love.? He started to frown, the expression clouding down over the lean visage. He hadn?t seen Fiona?s break free often and knew the dangers it might pose to his own men.

A leather-clad finger drifted over the lines marring his brow feather light. ?Fact of it, her Darker half is nae very developed, which is nae unusual, but it be like the girl seeks to ignore it. Even with my own at her age I was aware of it.?

Nuzzling into her hand lightly he gave her another expectant glance while one hand moved along her bath in a soothing motion. ?Which means what exactly??

?It be hard to explain Love, but I will try. Tis like taking an infant and throwing it into a den of wolves. It will nae learn civil behavior, but be fully animalistic in it?s manner. It will be driven purely by survival.? Her head moved to rest against his shoulder and she gave a nearly inaudible sigh. ?Tis? why I nae sought to place those restrictions upon our own children. I had always known it be a part of me. Nae something one can change and learned to accept that aspect of myself early even if I nae knew it?s uses. It be true it was a part that was nae dominant but I nae ignored it.?

?Rhystil had to know sending her here could ignite that.? The words Lucius stated were flat in tone and holding a hint of irritation that brought a low laugh from his wife.

?That be certain Love, I am now wondering what he be thinking. Sorcha will be fine in smaller conflicts but she can nae keep up with children as they enjoy these clashes and are nae likely to be willing to remain out of it.? Silky black hair brushed against his neck as she rubbed a cheek against him. ?I fully intend to find out what madness my father is party to and will seek a way to perhaps help the girl find balance with her nature.?

A low growl from Lucius as his father-in-law was playing dangerous games and he wasn?t fully sure he cared for his children being caught up in it.
[/size]
[size=10:3dcb965e30][color=#151B54:3dcb965e30]"Someone screaming softly in the distance
I run to seek my refuge from the light
until the darkness once more falls upon me"
Stabbing Westward[/color:3dcb965e30][/size:3dcb965e30]

Sorcha Mirawien

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2010, 01:52:59 AM »
[size=16]After leaving the command tent, Sorcha was taken on a tour of the warcamp. Daniel made a point of directing her towards areas that would be useful, such as the Armory, weapon smith, stable and lastly a large covered location where the scent of hot food was wafting out to tease the senses.

?I don?t know about ye two, but I am hungry and want to eat before we have to mount up. Could be hours before we get back then.? Cieara suggestion with a twinkling glance cast towards Sorcha and Daniel.

Laying down the blade she had been testing Sorcha turned with a quiet nod. ?Aye, that might be a good idea.?

Daniel merely nodded, shooting a sharp look at his sister but didn?t dispute her suggestion.

Moments later, as they were settling down at one of the long tables with bowls of rich beef stew and a small plate of biscuits, Sorcha glanced back towards the pair she was with, picking up an underlying tension there but didn?t know the cause. She had never been one for conversation and was realizing it. Of course she hadn?t really spent much time in the company of those considered her peers either, so she was at a bit of loss. She was curious about how this raid worked so once Daniel and Cieara joined her, she simply asked. ?This night raid, how does such a thing operate??

Looking over at his sister who seemed willing to let him answer and after taking a hearty bite of the steaming stew he set to explaining it. ?In a raid we move fast. The point of it is the effect of surprise on those we hit. The site tonight is a large camp to the east of the river. Mostly mercenaries from what I heard.? He paused to take a pull from a mug of warmed cider before continuing.  ?It starts with those mounted, riding in attacking, and is followed by the various warbands to take the others on foot. From what I understand the one coming may not be as easy as some of the others. This lot is supposed to be well armed and we could potentially run into Terranthi.?

?Terranthi?? A brow arching, as Sorcha had heard her father mention those on her last visit some months past. ?Dragonmen??

?Aye. Some are of mixed blood and they don?t die easily.? A shadow moving over the young man?s face and even Cieara?s sunny expression became a little clouded.

?My father mentioned them some time back. Had the impression he didn?t like them much.? Sorcha replied, but didn?t look the least bit concerned. Human, Elvin, Orc, Dragon, they all had a weakness and it could always be exploited.

?Not much there to like.? Daniel muttered and then dived back into his meal, finishing it off with surprising speed. ?If Mom didn?t provide you with some battle leathers, Cie here has some spares. Might want to gear up. These guys don?t fight fair.?

?Trick of these things, is to be prepared for the sheer chaos. At least it seems that way, but in fact it?s all carefully planned. Um, ? Cie glanced at her brother and then her
glittering pale green eyes swung back to Sorcha. ?If ye have nae ever taken part in any battle with over 50 others, it can be a little over whelming at first.?

?Over whelming in what way?? A puzzled tip of her dark head that sent the brown hair feathering into her eyes for a moment, before a hand pushed it back absently.

As if she was considering her words, Cieara paused, tapping her spoon on the edge of the earthenware bowl. ?Well, tis ye dark side. Ye see many of Daddy?s men are followers of chaos and can really get caught up in the battle, then add in the ones dying, injured and just simply terrified and it can be an emotional explosive storm.?

?Ah, I see.? Sorcha cracked a faint smile at that information, but she felt confident she could handle that. She, unlike the pair across was well used to blocking such sensations and didn?t think a battle would trigger anything other then the usual rage.

[/size]
Shadow Assassin

There's one out there

Sorcha Mirawien

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2010, 11:36:53 AM »
[size=16]Entering her tent a short time later, she looked through the pack Fiona had so graciously provided her with, finding the leathers her son had mentioned. She quickly changed into them, finding them even more snug fitting then her own, but suspected such things were made to mold to the form. The black thick outfit carried a hint of magic on it that made her a little curious, but as it was heavier then her usual gear, so she was glad to have it.

Zymire?s weather held the usual variety, having four distinct seasons however, the winters there was not nearly this cold. Even with her unique heritage, Sorcha obviously took after her mother because she did feel that bone aching bite in the chilly air.  

The long fall of hair was caught back into a long tail, pulling it out of her face and out of the way. Following that with the yanking on of the warming gloves over long fingers as it would ensure her hands didn?t go numb and her grip would remain true. Sorcha then set about arming herself.  Sliding her new whip into the wide belt, she added her own swords to the array. Thankfully the lady had also provided her with some throwing blades, which was strapped to one leg. Her own personal stash of weapons hadn?t yet arrived but she would certainly be adding to her arsenal later.  

A horn sounded, hanging eerily in the darkening air with a mournful tone and it brought Sorcha from the tent with a questioning look around. Across she saw several already astride their mounts and just moved in that direction.

Daniel and Cieara were listening intently to their father who was standing a short distance away. Coming closer she heard him directing them. ?Ye three are to come in on the second wave. Daniel, do not leave your sister or Sorcha?s side, no matter what.?

It was apparent the youth didn?t care for that but he gave his father a stiff nod. ?Aye Sir.?

?Daddy! I can take care of meself, nae reason to make Danny some sort of glorified watch dog!? Cieara on the other hand had no trouble saying just what she felt.

?If ye don?t like it Little Sweet, ye can march yerself right back inside and stay here.? Lucius?s tone allowed her no room for any argument, as it was more then obvious he meant just that. ?I also expect ye to STAY with your brother. Is that understood??

The younger girl?s eyes flashed before she looked down with a nod. ?Aye Daddy.?

Sorcha was suddenly relieved her parents had not saddled her with siblings to deal with along with the nature.

Turning, the hard gray eyes lighted upon her, and she had a moment of discomfort, which was banked down as she gave him a quiet nod. ?I know ye heard Sorcha.?

?Aye Milord and I shall not stray.? She stated quietly.

?Good. If any of ye get into trouble that you can?t handle, call me.? He then moved off, pulling the heavy helm down over his sternly set features.

?Call him?? Sorcha then asked, as she felt sure in the midst of a battle, few would hear anything over the shouts.

?Mentally.? Cieara was now looking at her in bafflement. ?Does ye da nae talk to ye in yer head??

Sorcha looked at the girl in astonishment. ?Nae.? In fact the very idea of that, made her cringe internally.

Even Daniel looked at her with an odd bend to his head. ?Do ye not have the ability??

?I do nae know. Such forms of communication are unknown to me.? A second later she stepped back with a hand moving to her head and glared at him, hearing him clearly inside her skull. ?Stop that!?

Cieara chuckled quietly and nudged her brother. ?She does naught know how.?

[/size]
Shadow Assassin

There's one out there

Sorcha Mirawien

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2011, 07:35:25 PM »
[size=16]?She can learn same as we did.? Daniel replied while pushing his sister towards the waiting mounts and then turned to regard Sorcha. ?It is nae hard. It?s a matter of pushing the thoughts out without speaking.?

Teeth grinding a bit as Sorcha moved past him. ?It?s invasive.?

?Seems like it first, but ye can still hide feelings and converse.? Something about Daniel?s tone made her stiffen. Turning about with a hard glitter in the darker green gaze.

?What are ye inferring??

?It will nae damage ye controls, so calm down. It be an effective method for battle, along with hand signals, only less likely to be interpreted.? Daniel was using a placating tone that wasn?t helping, but before Sorcha could continue another horn sounded ahead and he spun and sprang up nimbly, settling on the dancing horse with ease.

Sorcha was thinking that he wasn?t all that polite after all, in fact that insufferable tone he took was grating. No wonder his sister seemed to enjoy tormenting him. Stepping up and settling smoothly into the saddle, she was soon moving along with the pair. Both were silent, likely using that mental method to make fun of her lack of understand it, she suspected.

?That be odd. I thought all with the dark blood could do it.? Cieara was commenting to her brother in mind speak as they rode into the formation.

?They can. She must not have had any show her.? Came Daniel?s answer along with a side look and a shrug.

?She did nae like it when ye did it either. If you ask me, that one?s got some serious control issues.?

?I thought for sure Grandfather had taught her, but apparently he did nae.?
Daniel then added. ?As for her issues, do not  pester her over it. Ye are too nosy and I would wager that one will nae care for the interest.?

?Do ye think Mum was that uptight when she was that age?? Cieara stated, while sending a quick look over at the girl riding with them.

?I doubt she was Cie.?  

Out of the blue Sorcha looked over at them both with an expression that held little pleasure at whatever she was thinking about. ?Teach Me."

[/size]
Shadow Assassin

There's one out there

Sorcha Mirawien

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 01:28:18 AM »
[size=16]Between the pair of them, she was able to pick up the basic ability on the ride across the darkening land, but felt disconcerted by it. Something about having someone else?s voice in her head was sinister and unnerving, as they seemed way to close. Rather like someone whispering into her ear, an action Sorcha had never cared for.

She couldn?t find fault with their lesson, as both were helpful without making her feel even more the misfit. She could see why they used this form of communication as it could be efficient but still found it invasive. Her mental barriers were simply not designed for it, but Sorcha did find she could still contain her emotions, and her thoughts were still her own unless she choose to share them. At least that was a blessing.

Between the pair of them, she was able to pick up the basic ability on the ride across the darkening land, but felt disconcerted by it. Something about having someone else?s voice in her head was sinister and unnerving, as they seemed way to close. Rather like someone whispering into her ear, an action Sorcha had never cared for.

She couldn?t find fault with their lesson, as both were helpful without making her feel even more the misfit. She could see why they used this form of communication as it could be efficient but still found it invasive. Her mental barriers were simply not designed for it, but she did find she could still contain her emotions, and her thoughts were still her own unless she choose to share them. At least that was a blessing.

Daniel paused, peering into the murky line of forest with blue-green eyes narrowed and glittering darkly. Sorcha could feel the tension building around them as an eerie hush descended down upon them. It lasted only a few heartbeats before the crowd ahead started to advance forward and quickly followed with the distinct sound of shouts and clashing steel.

The horses danced nervously as the signal for the second wave cut through the night and Sorcha instantly felt the first wave of emotional friction. It was thick and almost stifling so powerful the flood of sensation she had a fight to deflect it.

The riders exploded into the clearing, finding the camp crawling with movement. Fire dotted the perimeter, giving light in one aspect but the choking smoke also offered cover and confusion. The sounds of shouting and battle chants assailed Sorcha ears as she quickly drew her sword and started to swing.

Beside her she heard Cieara counting and gave a rolling of her eyes. Sorcha wondered if the girl ever took anything seriously, but quickly dropped that thought as her mount reared violently with a scream of sudden panic. That was a warning she took to heart and just reined in the terrified beast fast with the hand of a skilled rider.

To the left out of the trees black armored forms spilled, moving in fast with swords swinging. She didn?t get even a chance to really evaluate them, but caught a sense of something being off about the forces sweeping down upon them.

?Terranthi!? The mental shout bounced around in her mind and she brought her mount around sharply, just in time to catch sight of Daniel being dragged down into the fray. Kicking into action, Sorcha twisted agilely, freeing her legs and just dove in after him with swords flying.  Right on heels was the youngest of the three, cussing loudly as she hacked her way into the throng.
[/size]
Shadow Assassin

There's one out there

Sorcha Mirawien

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2011, 05:47:42 PM »
[size=16]Plowing her way through the crowd, she realized that there simply wasn?t any time for finesse. Ducking fast under the swinging blade that Sorcha rolled in quick, her action sent one creature falling back into his own forces and just dodged to the other side a second later. Her blade flipped in her hand and she rammed it hard into another who had the misfortune to get a little too close. She located Daniel finally, and just started to cut a path towards him.

She was closing the distance, but it was a slow progress, as the ones around didn?t seem willing to stay down as she wished. A spinning lash of the blades in her hand sent another crumbling and she just walked right over him, eyes narrowed to slits of determination.

A sudden crushing weight came down hard on her back and she went down hard, offering an array of vulgar Elvin curses as she struggled under the staggering impact. However a second later the weight was gone, a large hand having snatched the enemy soldier up and sent it flying over the heads of several. Rocking up to her knees, Sorcha caught sight of Lucius before something else flickered in the corner of vision. No thought just response and she lunged, both the sword and dagger slammed deep into the black figure and the sword that had been meant for the Lord?s back falling into the blood soaked earth.

Rising up once more to her feet, Sorcha used a boot to brace and yanked them free before spinning back around. The air was heavy with so many emotions she was reeling a bit from it, but fighting back the sensation of light-headedness, she plunged in again, finally reaching Daniel.

Cieara had gotten there first, as she was at his back. The younger girl was covered in blood with eyes blazing a feral crimson hue. The laughter had been replaced by her movements, which were vicious as her blades that moved with deadly precision.

The tall form of Daniel was also weaving about, that heavy sword of his cutting of a gruesome swath through the tangling of surrounding fighters. The movement of that long blade far faster than those attacking expected for some lost limbs from the cut of its deadly edge and sent sailing off in another gory spew of vitae.

Ducking again Sorcha spun just in time to block another sword with her own, and kicked out with a hard heel, then rammed her own blade into the enemy?s throat as he fell.  A sudden sharp burning pain in her back sent her down to her knees for a brief moment with a gasp and one hand trying to reach behind to yank it out, the thrown blade buried hilt deep.

Something snapped inside her then, the rage breaking loose and Sorcha rose up with reptilian eyes blazing in red fury and just spun about it with a hissing and snap of fangs that sent a few stumbling back suddenly at the sight she presented.

Before Sorcha could even launch herself into the fray an arm caught her in mid leap with surprising strength, dragging her back roughly, the action ripping the small dagger from her back. The sudden agony of that sending a scream breaking free from her lips and she started to struggle. Sparks flew from her taloned fingers as she continued to thrash about, clawing with little effect at the armored limb holding her with surprising firmness.
[/size]
Shadow Assassin

There's one out there

Lucius DeAuster

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2011, 02:28:38 PM »
Fiona had warned him this might happen. He had even felt that crack as she lost control, and suspected his children had as well. The moment he caught sight of her eyes, then the small horns rising up from the dark hair, Lucius had acted. Catching her fast before she could get free. While he would not have cared had Sorcha torn into the enemy, a berserking dark Nephilim was a danger to his forces as well.

A mental shout sent and the girl finally stopped trying to shred his arm off, but the rage was rolling off her in strong waves. He didn?t have the time to bring her down, and doubted she would care much for the same methods he had used on Fiona the few times she had ever lost control in a fight. ?Control it girl!? His mental thought commanded, adding enough force to drop most to their knees as he spun around, deflecting a blow from a swinging sword and sending a sudden showering of sparks with the metallic clash of steel. It apparently got through as she went limp for a moment, fighting her way back to reason.

Even though the battle was winding down, it was still far from over, and he simply didn?t have the time to spare. Twisting around again, he sent out another mental call and in a few minutes his son appeared beside them. Blood covered but unharmed, Lucius just gave him a sharp nod and then pushing Sorcha towards Daniel with a low growl. ?Get her to a healer.?  Then he moved towards the forces that had been pushed back along the riverbank, for there was bladework still to do.
[color=blue:edda570bea][i:edda570bea]Fate whispered to the Warrior
"You cannot withstand the storm"

And the Warrior whispered back
"I am the storm"

-Anon[/i:edda570bea][/color:edda570bea]

Fiona DeAuster

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2011, 02:22:10 AM »
[size=14]After leaving her family at the camp, Fiona went in search of some answers and by the time the sun was setting she was standing in her father?s study biding her time quietly. Rhystil had asked her to wait as he sent a request to Drammon, as this matter regarded his daughter.

Fingers tapped lightly against the mantle as she leaned there watching the dancing flames in the hearth until she felt the disturbance and turned, seeing Sorcha?s father entering with her father a few feet behind him.

Once all the social niceties were done she didn?t linger just looked at the pair with an arched brow and a hard frosty glint flickering in icy green eyes. ?As I know neither of ye are fools, would ye mind explaining to me why ye sent Sorcha to us, knowing full well the sort of strain ye would put on her??

Fiona noted the quick exchange of looks and then it her father that spoke. ?I did warn ye Drammon, as nae much escapes my daughter.?

Turning slowly, with arms folding over her chest as she regarded them both, waiting for one of them to explain just what was going on.

The warlord heaved a deep sigh. ?Considering current conditions here in Zymire and the dangers posed, I felt it would be the best time for Sorcha to face her darker nature.?

Lips thinned faintly as Fiona?s hard gaze swung to rest upon the man. ?Did ye not think to at least inform us of that??

?Your father wished that, but I wasn?t sure if this method would work as he suggested.? Drammon wasn?t intimidated but seemed aware that the woman before him wasn?t one to cross so his tone was respectful.

?Considering it be much ye own fault the girl is at conflict with herself, I am curious now what ye hoped this might accomplish?? Fiona didn?t bother to muffle the tone of criticism in her voice.

?To state it simply, I was hoping to awaken her to the fact that her nature isn?t a curse.? Rising to his feet now, he started to pace with hands behind his back. ?After it had taken over before, it was her mother that demanded she learn to contain it. Bury it as it were. At the time it was uncertain we could even bring back Sorcha?s humanity, so I bowed to her wishes. I wrongly believed Cathlaine might come to understand and accept all aspects of our child, but instead she made the girl distrust the darkness within.?

?And ye father? Ye agreed with this madness?? Fiona?s gaze swung to lance her father with a frown marring her smooth brow.

?I tried Fiona, but the girl was unwilling to even allow any close enough. Her guards are impressive and I do feel her fear of it lies in the time her rational side was lost to its power when she was still little more than a child.?

?So ye two decided to send a full jolting shock through her.? A growl rolling up from Fiona?s throat for a moment and then quickly followed by a snort of disgust at the senselessness of it all. ?Nae any offense to ye Lord Mirawien, but ye former wife be an idiot.?
[/size]
[size=10:3dcb965e30][color=#151B54:3dcb965e30]"Someone screaming softly in the distance

Fiona DeAuster

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2011, 02:27:27 AM »
[size=14]Drammon stopped for a moment and smirked at Fiona?s observation. ?She loves her daughter Lady DeAuster.?

?Perhaps, but a mother should love their children, even with their perceived flaws and all.? She instantly replied with her expression hard and unyielding.

?In truth her hate for that side of Sorcha, be the effect of her hate of me.? He said that blandly with a glint from the swirling aqua eyes.

?Again, that is nae ye daughters fault and she now suffers from her mother?s loathing for it and in essence puts her at further risk. She be a time bomb as she?s now of the age when that dark side will start to mature and ye both well know it. We are already dealing with this with our own children and I be knowing the signs.?

?This was why we have sent her to ye Fiona.? Her father stated calmly, having remained leaned back comfortably in the seat he had taken earlier.

?Ah, but ye failed to explain just what this was about. Ye above all others know just how I feel about deception Father.? The growl in Fiona?s voice was more noticeable now.

?As there wasn?t really any deception involved I will not apologize Fiona. We needed to get her away from Zymire. Ye needed one with the right skills to keep up with ye own children. This other problem is but a side effect.?

?I can nae have my children put at risk over this ?side effect? as ye call it. Sorcha should have been taught this before. It be neglect on ye and her parents side that she wasn?t.? Fiona instantly countered her father?s statement with a slash of a gloved hand.

?My daughter keeps me at a distance these days Lady DeAuster. I believe she thinks I am the cause of her curse and I seldom see her, and suspect she doesn?t trust me either. That being likely the result of her mother?s influence.? Drammon commented in mid pace. ?I am quite aware I was neglectful in teaching her about other half, but ye are correct about one thing, it is starting to return to awareness, and I fear Sorcha?s habit of ignoring it might prove self-destructive.?

?And what is ye former spouse going to think when she learns of this?? A brow arching slightly as Fiona really didn?t care what that foolish bitter woman might think but knew the young woman likely would.

?Sorcha is of age now and any agreements I had with Cathlaine are no longer valid. I do think it is long past time Sorcha learned just what her heritage is, but as I said before she doesn?t trust me and any efforts I have made in regards to it, she has shunned.? He turned and regarded the dark haired woman intently. ?It is my hope she finds it isn?t the horrible curse she seems to believe it is.?

Fiona fell silent conversing mentally with Lucius but soon had to stop as his battle was commencing but for the moment she knew he wasn?t happy about it, but also caught a sense he felt pity for the young woman caught in the middle of her parent?s stupidity.
[/size]

Fiona DeAuster

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2011, 11:38:34 AM »
[size=14]?I shall be blunt Milord, I nae have the time to do such a thing slowly or carefully. My own children were not raised with the same erroneous ideas about their dark inheritance, but have been taught to control its effect over time. Sorcha nae has that luxury. In light of the dangers she faces nae only from those here but also those in our own lands, she will either accept what is offered or she might nae survive the coming storms, tis? that simple. I will try but can nae offer a single promise it will succeed.?

?You and yours are an example of those that accept and understand the darkness within Milady, tis? why I felt your clan to be a good illustration for Sorcha to see first hand.? Drammon offered a stiff bow towards Fiona.

?Flattering as that might be, I nae see it the same Milord. I fully lay the blame of ye own daughter?s confusing at ye feet. It was ye place to teach her about your blood, nae matter what other influences might of sought to thwart that.? Fiona's arms slowly unfolded and her hands drifted down to rest on her belt casually. ?Now that being said, tis nae for ye I will make this effort but for the young woman left to flounder all because of her parent?s rather selfish animosity. She nae deserves that and I will seek to help her in light of it.?

Turning she started for the door only to pause and look back with a hard cutting glance at her father. ?As for ye Father, nae ever seek to use me or my family this way again. Should ye fail in that simple request, I shall let Lucius discuss such with ye the next time.?

That brought a thin smile to Rhystil?s face and he gave a nod to his daughter, aware of what she said and it?s meaning. There was little love between the pair and any sort of conversation of that nature would likely end up painful for both by the end of it.

[/size]