Author Topic: A Runner in Rhydin.  (Read 715 times)

Marek Kharune

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re: A Runner in Rhydin.
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2013, 03:37:31 AM »
Marek shifted in bed. Sitting up a moment with a push of his elbows to his hands. A glance over the dimly lit bedroom a moment. The security system was quiet, as the rest of the room it seemed. He'd give his daughter a call tomorrow, remind her to see her mother for Mother's Day.

A glance toward the form beside him in the bed. It seemed, the open sexual life of Marek Kharune had all but come to a sudden pause. Well, at least the open part. The sex was still happening, but only with one gal these days. Not that he'd complain any. The sex with the woman beside him? Pretty damn amazing.

The jobs from G had slowed some in the past few weeks. As well as his two other employers. No doubt that'd change again. Every line of work had it slow downs. Even keeping order and Evil guessing as to when it was going to get itself beat down again.

Laying back down he turned to his side and slid an arm over and around the woman beside him. Nestling in close with a breath as he settled back in with a whisper at her ear.

"Night, Vixen."
"Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back."

Marek Kharune

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2013, 02:28:11 AM »
The Armored Dodge Ram sat in the overhauled warehouse. The nearly three foot tall gremlin, Blue, slid out from under the truck on a skid. His overalls were a mess as he slid up and grinned. A thumbs up for Marek who leaned into the driver's side and gave the truck, which looked like something out of a Mad Max Film on Earth, a start. As the armored and armed, beast came to life Blue's grin perked wider, if at all possible.

Marek smirked before turning the truck off. "Not bad Blue." "Not bad?" Blue chuckled and moved for the cooler with ice, grabbing a Dwarven ale and tossing a second Marek's way. His boosted reflexes kicking in and an easy grab was had in turn. "Course it works. But next time don't run over a spiked demon all right? Put holes in several of your hoses and a nasty gouge in the left side of the engine. We'll have to install a few plates to help protect the engine over all better. How's your daughter doing?"

A nod given downward at the blue gremlin. "Better. I guess it's lucky she took something from me. Her accelerated cells are healing up the burns decently. In a couple days won't be a sign she was ever in that fire at the Temple. Vixen I think blames herself for leaving her there. Told her wasn't her fault. She didn't set the fire." Blue took a drink from his bottle of ale and thought a moment.

"Only a matter of time till they find out who did it. When they do, what's the plan?" Blue turned a glance of his red eyes over at Marek.

Marek took a long drink from his ale before lowering it from his lips. "I make what's left of their life, a living Hell." Blue gave a nod of his head, the tip of the stocking hat he wore flipped about but the hat stayed in place with the polarized goggles snug on his forehead. "Heh, getting on your bad side wasn't something they expected I wager. Probably were just look'n to hurt them Scath' girls. Which in itself is like a huge crime. Cause they are some of the hottest chicks around the city!" Marek perked a slight smirk finally and gave a nod over.

"I know. I'm seeing' Vixen remember?" Blue gave Marek a thumbs up. "Case in point! Tall, darker skin, and hot, hot, hot. Plus she's got like great curves and nice.." "Blue..." Marek perked a brow. "What? I was gonna say a nice personality." Marek's brow ushered up just a bit more. Blue smirked and chuckled. "Oh okay.. I was gonna say a nice rack. Which reminds me, I got a date with a tavern wench and her sister in two hours." Marek smirked and shook his head. "Rock it out, Blue." Blue shifted his arms and flexed his muscles. "All right, now let's get the right side's Vulcan gun working on your truck here hopefully before I gotta head out. Do I even want to know what the goo' is that's covering the rotary assembly?" Marek grinned a bit and rubbed at his beard with a hand. "No.. you don't, Blue. Let's just say it's dead and splattered all over the Northern road away from the city."

Marek Kharune

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2013, 09:00:52 AM »
Marek got up slowly from the bed as morning peeked inward through the windows. As his cells regenerated, his body felt achy, slightly pained. The demon from the previous night had a friend and those talons cut deep. Lucky for him the bone lacing saved him from losing out right several ribs. The hand blades came in handy, yet again in his life, when the pistol and that of his Templar's Sword was lost in the fighting.

Indeed the implants from his previous job as a Shadowrunner back on his home world had come in handy since his arrival here on Rhydin nearly ten years ago.

The bruising he had the day before, was long go with out a trace on his skin. The cuts, the puncture wounds and scrapes were gone as well. Having cells that regenerated so quickly definitely paid off on his home world as well as here on Rhydin. Course, the aches and slight pains weren't easy. Though he could live with them from time to time given he was still alive.

The clothing from the week had been burned, all but that leather jacket of his. Truth be told he had a dozen or so of them nestled away. The lining held that of mithril hidden away for protecting the would be wearer of the leather jackets. Blade weapons, talons and some smaller caliber bullets were stopped short of hitting their target. Of course, the previous night his leather jacket was unzipped when the fighting started with the demon and it's little hellish' friend. Thus, the talons made their way into his flesh from the open jacket. Damn.

A hand moved over his beard lightly as he pulled the fridge door open. It wasn't a home, but one of several safe houses he'd established about Rhydin City. As usual, food and water to get by was about but nothing that really fit his appetite. Perhaps he head to the markets later for something. Though with the weather changing, little fresh fruit would be found no doubt. Perhaps he'd stop by the Teas' and Tombs shop. They had fresh bakery in their display cases in the mornings up through the afternoons.

Later he'd put in an order to Nash for more of those lovely gadgets that took out things that went bump in the night. His Church contact would be called later as well or an email sent to him for more holy water and probably a good idea for a second or even third Blessed Templar Sword to have about. Of course a few replacement submachine guns and shotguns, considering earlier in the week he'd lost a few to that vampire gang he neutralized in Rhydin City's West End district. Plus replacement explosives. Considering during the past week he used what he had left to take out the drug dealers vessels parked in Rhydin's port docks. No doubt the fish by the docks were flying high.

He'd check out The Grumpy Gator bar later perhaps, for now, he'd take a shower and lay back down for a few hours. Though technically he wasn't a member of the Avengers in Rhydin it seemed, he had an ear to the wind so to speak.

A helping hand, yeah, that's what he was around here it seemed.

Marek Kharune

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2014, 03:03:40 PM »
Marek shifted in the shower, letting the drops of water play downward over his head, through his locks of hair and in turn over his beard. As the water hit his chest a wince perked his lips. The wounds he'd sustained from a merely hour ago were still healing. Though his cell growth was quick, it wasn't instant when it came to explosions. The scar upon his face was gone already, as was that of the bruises to his legs.

He was tired, damn tired. A good afternoons's sleep was what the wizard he knew had ordered.

The UMP Submachine Gun was laid upon the coffee table in the parlor of the safe house. Also was that of a pair of Para Black semi automatic pistols. He'd be putting in an order to Nash for more of the 'unique' .45 caliber ammunition later today. No doubt Mr. Kerbero won't be too happy on one hand about the Holy Shotgun being banged up. Though on the other hand he'll no doubt charge Marek for purchasing two more as replacements. The blessed silver knuckles were still ridden with vampire blood. They'd have to be cleaned up later.

He'd make a stop to Rhydin City and the Red Dragon Inn later, then a stop off at The Grumpy Gator Bar. For now though, he was simply enjoying the warm play of the water down over him from the shower head. Maybe a vacation was in order?

Yeah, right. Like that'll happen. Though perhaps a couple days at least to take off and enjoy some of the finer things in life. Like sleeping and sex.

Marek Kharune

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2016, 07:09:17 AM »
Time had passed. A lot of time since a new beginning turned into a far too soon, ending.

The leather jacket was unzipped. Lightly the right side perked open in the wind of the morning. Perhaps it was fitting, how the gray clouds and the light drops of rain played downward from the sky above. Marek's gaze seemed to be stuck, frozen upon the small grave that laid before him. Put to her final resting place a few months ago, yet the memory of holding her still so fresh upon his mind.

Technology and magic couldn't fix what went wrong. A newborn just starting life. Only to die far.. far.. too soon.

Marek tucked the photo of him holding his granddaughter, back into a pocket upon his leather jacket. Slipping his hands into the pockets of his jeans soon after. Gaze focused on the simple grave stone marking her spot for eternity.

Perhaps the light rain drops, helped to hide what was rain.. and what was that of tears.

"Rest.. little one. You were here for a short time, but you left a lasting impact. Grampa loves you. Always.. and forever... my little angel. Grampa will see you again someday. You save him a good spot and he'll rock you to sleep once more in his arms. See you on the other side.. Grampa loves you, always."

Marek Kharune

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2017, 07:51:38 PM »
The buff blue gremlin adjusted his white stocking like hat upon his head with one hand as the other reached for another shrimp kabob. Those big teeth of his grasping three shrimp as he worked them off the wooden stick. Marek shifted in his chair, sliding his tanned western boots upwards and onto the table before settling in the chair further and lifting a kabob upwards from the plate in his lap.

"So... bar has some new people about it, hm?" Inquired Blue, as he munched the shrimp in his mouth. A Gentleman, he was not when eating. Marek turned the kabob in his and slightly, the lemon garlic butter sauce glided in drip along the shrimp upon the thin little stick they were speared upon. "Yeah. Lately seems like every time I stop by to check on things, somebody new is working. People come and people go. No worries, Blue. I trust Callie and she always seems to have things in order. Honestly I can't think of anyone else I'd rather have handling things at the bar."

Blue reached for another two shrimp kabobs from the large platter like plate on the table. Sometimes you simply needed a break from the hustle and bustle of The Hunt. Keeping the Balance as some say. Blue's garage was out of the way and he did have four grills for grilling up everything from simple to more complex meals. "She's pretty hot too." Added Blue before sliding a shrimp free from another stick and tossing into his mouth. Marek perked a brow over at his short friend. "Blue, don't even think about it. She's smart, great at what she does and she's not up for your grabby hands. Besides, I thought you were seeing that Orc woman?" Blue shifted his muscled blue shoulders into a shrug. "I was... but seems she wasn't as free as I thought. This brute of a donkey head came about saying he was her mate and challenged me to the death."

Marek tilted his head to the side some as he looked over at his friend again. "And?" Blue nodded some, reaching for the bottle of Wild Turkey 101 on the table before giving a pause. "And, I punched him in the groin and then ran. You know, for a big brute of an Orc, he sure did scream like a girl." Marek smirked and laughed as Blue smiled a big toothy smile back at him. "I'll tell you what, Blue, how about I talk to a friend of mine and see if she might be interested in a date?" Blue's red eyes shifted some as his blue ears flicked at the sides of his head just below where his white cap laid to his head. "I like breasts." Marek chuckled and shook his head some. "Yes, I know. She's not huge like an Inn serving wench, but I think you'll like her. I suggest, brushing up on your poetry." Blue was busy munching on another mouthful of shrimp, garlic butter dripping some from his chin. "Okay... I can do that. Ladies love that stuff."

It was then that Qiulong dashed upwards and across the picnic like table. The curling Asian like dragon of gold coloring scales, grabbed with his forward paws one of the shrimp kabobs. Pulling it free from the stack and tugging it back along the table for a spot to start nibbling upon one of the pieces of shrimp.

Blue glanced over at Qiulong, or Q as they sometimes called the little dragon. "He been angry lately?" Marek glanced over at Q and shook his head a little. "Thankfully, no. The last time he became angry he grew to a size larger then a house. Though, I didn't mind him stepping on and chewing up those demons. You should of seen the look on their faces when he suddenly went from small to massive and started stomping on them." Blue chuckled and took a drink from the bottle in his hand before swallowing and giving a big toothy grin. "Just as long as he doesn't do that here. I just fixed up my garage for my new drop ship I bought from the salvage yard at the Star's End Spaceport. Wait till I get it fixed up. Hey... I could take this date you talked about on it maybe. Well, if get it fixed up by then."

The little whiskers of Qiulong shifted about at the sides of his snout as he nibbled the next piece of shrimp from his kabob. Little pink tongue licking at the sides of his jaws that savory melted butter and garlic.

Blue sat up some in his chair suddenly. "Hey! Isn't your daughter Sarah in town?" Marek lifted a shrimp kabob toward Blue and shook it lightly. "Blue, you are not dating my daughters." Blue laughed and held up both of his hands. "Okay.. okay. But how about at least a fun drive and some shooting? She's cute, fun and can shoot a handgun like nobody's business." Marek would not do this. "Eliza, is also in town." Blue blinked and hopped up in his chair to stand in his sneakers. "Eliza? Um, so you said.. no dating your daughters. Though you didn't say.." Marek shook his head. "Blue, behave. You know Eliza has a temper at times." Blue laughed and nodded his head quick. "Yeah, she's her father's daughter." Pointing the top of the bottle at Marek.

Marek Kharune

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2017, 07:20:30 AM »
The modified Dodge Challenger of deep purple coloring and tinted windows was in rest outside the simple tavern near West End. Inside at a table sat the blue gremlin friend of Marek's, know as... well, Blue. At about three feet tall, muscles perking from thighs to chest, arms to shoulders and back again, the big mouthed gremlin with red eyes wasn't your usual creature of the dark. Blue had a wondrous ability with weapons and vehicles. In the past few years, he was the go to person... errr.. gremlin, Marek had work on his vehicles. Buff, tough and dangerous to the core, Blue was actually nervous this night.

Chomping at his cinnamon scented cigar with those sharp teeth of his just behind his blue tinted lips. He kept looking at the door and then at the water clock by the bar. His usual pants were replaced with that of a little black suit. In truth, Blue wasn't very good with women outside of the tavern wench variety. Marek had teased him about setting him up with a date. Blue thought he was joking of course and never thought much of that silly talk.

Now here he was. Sitting at a table with his head just over the edge of it waiting to meet some woman named Pamela.

He was thinking this was crazy. Which for him, wasn't very far off in how his days and nights sometimes went. He gave a sigh and shifted the unique cigar between his teeth. "She's not gonna show. Nobody wants to date a Gremlin. This is so..."

Blue gave pause then. A shift of his red eyes at someone entering through the door way. The brunette had her hair in several braids, done up to the back of her head. Her outfit was a mixing of leather and lace with open sides to the dress worn. Were those black hose with straps that could run under that dress to a garter belt? His jaw clenched on the cinnamon cigar between his teeth. "Nope.. can't be. Not for me. Nope.. a Gremlin can't be this lucky. Not a chance in the thirteen levels of hell."

Blue was about to turn back to his bottle of Wild Turkey 101 and then she started his way!

Red painted lips and dark lace gloves running her hands upwards to her elbows. Eyes of blue, or where they grey? A gloved hand lifted to her right cheek as heels black as night came to a stop, right beside him. Her gaze lowered at the blue gremlin barely held with in that suit.

"Um.. err... hi. I'm umm... Blue. Are you... Marek's Sorceress friend?" Having trouble with his words suddenly, the gremlin just kinda looked up at the woman. Her ruby red lips perked into a smile downward at the gremlin. She reached for Blue's cigar and plucked it from his lips. With a blink from the blue gremlin, the woman settled the cinnamon cigar to her lips and took a puff before removing it and smiling further. "Who doesn't love, cinnamon? And yeah, I am Marek's friend, Pamela. You're kind of cute, Blue, and you have good taste thus' far it seems." She offered the unique cigar back to the buff gremlin who took a moment to realize and blink before taking the cigar in his fingertips. Pamela reached for the bottle of 101 on the table and lifted it to her lips. If possible, Blue's eyes got even bigger as he watched her take a slow drink from the bottle before lowering it to the table and taking the wooden chair next to his at the table.

"So.. ummm... Pamela? How do you know... my friend, Marek?"

Pamela crossed one leg over the other as her gaze moved over Blue in a sort of inspection of Marek's friend. "I've done some potions and spells for him in the past. He can be dark and quite dangerous at times, but when he's in a good mood, he can be rather kind and generous."

Blue nodded his head to this. He was still in awe.

Pamela had to smile at the look upon the gremlin's face. "Not expecting what you see before you, Blue?" He shook his head quick at her. "Nope. I mean, don't take this the wrong way hon, but most women like you don't give me the time of day." Pamela laughed lightly and gave Blue a wink. "Ah, but I am not like most women, Blue. I long ago grew tired of the fancy looking sorts. The high class, high rolling, stuck up with an attitude because they have the looks of some model. I hate that. I prefer someone with something good on the inside. Looks come second, what lays with in comes first. I need a good heart, head on their shoulders and someone that is good with their hands."

Blue noticed she was, in fact, looking at his blue hands. Which were big, he was a buff gremlin after all.

"I'm not sure they serve fancy food here, Pamela. Maybe we should head to a different place?" Pamela glanced about the tavern and then back at Blue with a light smile touching those red painted lips of hers. "I'm sure they can make a couple of good seasoned steaks for us to enjoy while we get to know each other, Blue."

"Pamela?"

"Yes, Blue?"

"Remind me to thank our mutual friend, Marek, later."

Marek Kharune

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2017, 11:00:08 PM »
Marek leaned against the counter in the kitchen and gave a glance over the decor the apartment. There were plants of green and long limbs scattered about the side of the counter and in the middle of the kitchen table. A whole wall was dedicated it seemed to plants of various size and shape.

"I think you've added a few more since last I was here." Idly commented Marek as he shifted back from the counter as the slender woman Chloe stepped back into the kitchen area. Her dark red hair was pinned up at the back of her head. She was wearing a sleeveless black dress with dark heels. Various necklaces hung from around her neck and gave a gentle sway as she moved further into the kitchen to open of the refrigerator with a glance inside. "Yeah, I suppose. You know Olivia was around town looking to speak with you. She's probably still sore about your leaving few years back, Marek." Marek gave a light nod of his head as he slid his hands into the front pockets of his loose fitted jeans of blue. "Maybe. She does have a temper." Chloe faintly smiled and pulled out a pitcher of water from the refrigerator and after closing the door she stepped for a shelf and removed the mug there to pour some water into it. "Yes, she does. Baltor is rumored to be putting some together for some plan for a later date. He's all happy and cheery I've been told. Expect vampires showing up for some meeting of the minds. Blood suckers they are. Like leeches. Just as ugly."

Marek smiled a bit and gave a light nod of his head over toward Chloe. She looked over at him as she put the pitcher of water down on the counter near him. "Petricia is said to be coming to the city in the future. No set time or anything, but she's coming with her royal guard for some meeting." Marek's interest perked some as a brow arched over at Chloe. "Why would Petricia, or any Royal Vamp-head be coming here for a meeting? She stays locked away in that converted modern castle of hers." Chloe gave a light shrug of her shoulders. "I don't know. Must be something big. Prim and proper Vampire in the big city of Rhydin. Sounds like a bad story. I suppose, I can inquire to some I know about the city and see if they have heard anything."

Marek gave Chloe a perking smile at his lips and she faintly smiled back with a roll of her eyes. "Yeah, yeah, I'm a nice Witch. I know." Marek moved to wrap an arm around her in a half hug. "The best Witch I know, Chloe. The best. I owe you." Chloe smiled some further and gave a sigh of breath as she leaned her side into Marek.

"You just watch yourself. Lot of people and things count on you keeping the 'dark' away. Can't have you go and get yourself killed. And you owe me dinner sometime. Just, dinner. Don't get your hopes up. No hanky panky, Mr. Kharune." Marek smirked just a bit and gave a nod of his head downward at Chloe. "I can do dinner and no hanky panky. Promise. Course I might bring chocolate."

Chloe perked a brow upwards at Marek. "Dark chocolate?" Marek gave a light chuckle and nodded. "Yeah, it's the best after all."

Marek Kharune

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2017, 07:02:07 PM »
Hotel Haven. A place where Assassins, Bounty Hunters, Mercenaries and Others can rest up and relax with some fine food and drinks. The unique Hotel was quiet massive in size. From rooms looking like they were made for executives to fine dining atmospheres in one of several of the Restaurants with in the Hotel. The rules for the Hotel open to so many were quite simple.

Enjoy the luxury and safety of Hotel Haven, but absolutely no fighting is allowed on the premises. If your mark, prey, objective is on the premises you may not take them out. Kill them. The point of Hotel Haven is a safe haven for all who enter. Causing the death of another guest at Hotel Haven can be punishable by death.

Marek had checked in with Lance at the front desk. Always dressed in a suit and tie, Lance was the man to see about any issues or extra comforts you wished during your stay. Marek had left his unique Coffin Shaped Guitar Case with the tall man at the front desk and Lance assured Marek it would be waiting for him in his suite safe and sound.

Tan western boots lead Marek past the Rose Lounge. Red was the theme of this fine Restaurant. From chairs to exquisite table clothes and of course fresh roses in a crystal vase upon each table as a center piece. The food was excellent in there, though Marek wasn't real hungry at the moment. Possibly later.

A spot on the first floor near the back, Club Thirteen, was a place for simply catching a lighter meal and or just a drink. It held a high class look, like the rest of Hotel Haven, but with a slightly more casual atmosphere. Here was a place to take it easy after a long day or night. A place to rest with a drink before heading to your suite, or to find work. Whatever that might be.

"As I live and breath, Marek Kharune." Smiled the red headed Bridget behind the smooth mahogany bar. Leaning over the bar she made a grab for the opening of Marek's leather jacket and pulled him closer to the bar so she could give him a kiss on the cheek before letting that dark leather jacket go. Her lips were lit with a smile and her dark silk top was sleeve-less exposing her tattoos going from shoulder to wrist nearly. Her red locks had been curled recently it seemed and the low neck line in her top aided in showing off the tattoo upon the right side of her neck. Some said that Bridget had been a model, others said she used to be quite the assassin. Whatever the rumor was, Bridget had found her place at Hotel Haven running 'Club Thirteen' and she enjoyed making small talk with those that came in and or helping direct them to someone who was looking to hire for a job and or objective.

Marek couldn't help but smile some at Bridget as he eased to a chair at the bar. "Still as beautiful as ever, darlin'." Spoke Marek as he gave a light nod over the bar's surface at her figure. "Yeah? You think so?" Teasingly, Bridget did a little twirl behind the bar as if trying out some new outfit. "How have you been, Marek? Usual?" Marek gave another nod of his head as he drew his left hand downward over his light beard. "Yeah, thanks hon." Bridget gave a smile and a nod before moving to grab a tall glass and fill it half way with ice. Selecting a bottle of Wild Turkey 101 to pour a measured amount into the glass and then proceeding to open a can of 7up soda and add some to the glass before settling it on a small dark cocktail napkin on the bar for Marek. "There you go. What else can I get you, Marek?" The dim lights of the Club seemed to dance in Bridget's eyes as she smiled over the bar at him. Bridget could be a flirt and a good one at that, but not to everyone that came into the Club.

"I'm looking to catch up on some things." Spoke Marek, as Bridget gave a light nod of her head. "I have two Englishmen currently about. Mr. Ken Bentey or Simon." "Not in the mood for too strict a conversation, Bridget." Said Marek as he lifted his glass for a quiet drink. Bridget smirked some at Marek. "Got it. Simon it is. Let me send him over, he's at the far table." As Bridget moved off to speak with Simon, Marek lowered his glass back to the napkin upon the bar. Taking a slow roam of his eyes over the Club and those about it at this hour. Some he knew, others he was unsure who they were. Times change as do people. He noted a few new faces about the Club. Possibly new assassins or bounty hunters trying to make a name for themselves.

"Aren't ye' a sight for sore eyes." Smirked Simon as he lowered to a chair at the bar. Leaving a chair between them, as one could never be too careful even with the rules of the Hotel. Simon had a buzz cut and a mustache that down to either side of his chin. His usual black attire was worn of pants, belt, shirt and of course a fine black jacket to go with.

"Simon. Good to see you again." Commented Marek as Simon gave a witty grin. "Is it? Most people don't much like it when they see me. Means the Reaper gave me their number ye' know." Simon's had an English, Irish heritage and when he was in a good mood or angry, it showed in his speech at times. "Whatcha' doing back here at the Hotel? Not slumming for a job are ye' now?" Marek smirked some. "You know me, Simon. I always have a job or three lined up. How has things been around here? Any thing big gone on since last I was about the Hotel?"

"Anything big? Anything big... anything big... oh, aye. Remember Bensen? Up and got himself retired he did. Took a high level contract and made the mistake of think'in the 'mark's brother not gonna come and hunt him down. He should of' prepared himself for that. Man got sloppy he' did. Course you and I both know, Vincent, well now, he would have killed the whole damn family to ensure none o' them came looking for him." Marek nodded to this bit of information and truth. "Yeah, Vincent always was a bit high strung though. Not sure I've ever seen that man relax." "Relax?" Laughed Simon. "Ye' kidding? The man probably talks stern while in the toilet to get his crap ta' come out easier."

Marek gave pause, as did Simon as they looked at each other a moment. Then both started laughing at that comment.

"Yeah, you might be right Simon. You ever seen Vincent with a woman about the Hotel?" Inquired Marek as Simon shifted in his chair at the bar to get more comfortable. "With a woman? Man is so stubbornly stern having sex with him be' like doing it with one of them military drill sergeant folk. Oh, Robbert is looking to make a name for himself again. He lost the last contract he was offered to our Mr. Bentey." Marek perked a slender brow some. "Lost it?" Simon gave a nod of his head. "Aye. Contract was for him to take out this suite. Some business executive that made big profit in dealing slaves all over Rhydin with his sci fi ships and all. Our young Robbert set four bombs to take out this fellow when his armored car would bring him down a certain street, leading to where his airfield was." "Bombs didn't go off as planned?" Questioned Marek. Simon smirked again. "Oh, they went off all right. Just as he set them too. Except it was nae his target in the armored vehicle. Turns out it was the man's spoiled wife that he treasured like a Saint. So of course the man wanted to know who had done it and it wasn't nae long before our young would be Assassin Robbert had to leave for a while in the hopes things would settle down. Course, they didn't. So the one that put the contract out instead hired our smart dressed Mr. Bentey to complete the job. Robbert took two months planning his kill. Bentey? That English knob took less then three days to plan and take out the man in question. Precise that one is."

Marek shook his head gently. "Robbert is either too young for the line of work he wants to do, or he's just too stupid to realize he has a lot to learn. Have you seen Adele recently?" Simon gave a tilt of his head upwards some and ran his index finger and thumb from the top of his mustache downward at each side. "Aye. She just finished a job. Took out an entire Vampire Clan in the East for a contract that was offered to her. I hear she had help though, but just the same, she took them out. Modern technology has caught up with those foolish leeches. Ye' know she had one of them stealth drones hacked by a friend and the damn thing flew right over the mansion an' up and dropped it's bombs right on their home. As if that wasn't enough, she bought for no doubt a well price one of them torpedoes, ye' know the spaceship kind? Had that launched at the mess of the once standing mansion. Damn thing vaporized the whole area for nearly two miles out. Nothing left but ash. Hey, remind me to never piss Adele off 'eh?"

Marek smirked again but gave a nod of his head. "I'll do that, Simon. Have you seen Rupert around the Hotel lately?" Simon would shift his lips some as he thought about that one. Rupert was usually spotted pretty easily when about the Hotel. His signature black suit and red tie he always wore. Except when in disguise of course when working on a contract. "Aye, I have come to think of it. He checked in here other week, but nae' have seen him past four days or nights. I suspect he's working. Though if he's checked in, he'll be back no doubt sooner or later to take a break. If I see him about I'll let him know yer' looking for him, aye?" Marek nodded over at Simon. "Yeah, thanks." Simon gave a nod of his head.

"If you'll excuse me, I've some room service to order up for my suite from Lance." Simon perked a smile to his lips and slid from his chair move from the Club and for the front lobby area of the Hotel. "Watch your six, Simon." Said Marek after him. Simon turned partly with a smirk on his lips. "I'd prefer a lovely lass to be' doing that."

Marek Kharune

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2017, 06:48:35 PM »
Marek was sitting in Club Thirteen, located inside Hotel Haven, when finally a smart dressed man approached him. The man was wearing a white long sleeved shirt with a dark violet tie with suit pants and matching vest of silk.

As the man came near Marek's table he'd give pause and run a few fingertips along his light and finely trimmed beard. "Kharune, it's been sometime." Marek smirked lightly upwards from his chair at Ken Bentey while gesturing to a chair across from him at the table in the dimly lit club.

"Are we after paranormal or more of your regular type of human scum?" Inquired Bentey as he lowered into the offered chair at the table while adjusting his tie to ensure it was set properly. Marek gave a light shrug of his broad shoulders but continued to hold that smirk at his lips. "I guess that depends on who qualifies as not being scum these days, Bentey. I'm looking to speak with Victoria actually."

Bentey shifted some in his chair as he straightened out. "Now why, would you want to talk to that witch? She's been laying low lately. Not causing a fuss and so she's been off the list. Truth be told, I wouldn't mind putting a high velocity round through her brain for a fraction of the price I usually charge." Marek couldn't help but smile at Bentey's remark on the witch Victoria. "There are worse, Bentey. Besides, she may have information for some trouble coming about. Olivia and Rachel are stirring something and it may or may not involve some vampires."

Bentey gave a light nod of his head. His blonde hair was cut professionally and kept short as not to be an issue when working. Much like his trimmed beard to a fine look. "You know, you could get the information you seek probably from... Melissa."

Marek made a face with the mention of that name, lightly shaking his head. "I'd rather not talk to that vampire wench. She's hungry for more then just some blood." Bentey actually smiled briefly with a nod of his head across the table. "Yes. She is rather, horny, that particular vampire. If you don't bring her blood, you can always.. well.. she has other desires for payment." Marek chuckled lightly. "Yeah. She must of been quite the wild one before, she became a vampire. If things don't turn out well with talking to Victoria, I'll consider speaking to Melissa for some information. Though I'd rather not take that route. Woman has the appetite of a whole clan of cave trolls." "And then some." Nodded Bentey.

"Have you seen Vincent lately, Bentey?" Bentey perked a slender brow across the table at Marek. "I thought you two agreed to not be with in a thousand meters of each other. He was in his usual negative mood the other week when I had seen of him here. He walked out from an elevator and out through the lobby to a waiting car outside. Haven't seen the man since. Oh, did you hear I had to fix another mistake that our boy Robbert had left?" Marek's beard shifted some as his smirk returned to his lips. "Yeah, Simon told me he messed up on a job." "Messed up?" Spoke Bentey. "The poor excuse of a lad' blew up the wrong person. You know, that is rather scary if you consider it. Perhaps Karma will catch up with him and one day he will blow himself up trying to prepare an explosive charge." Marek nodded lightly. "We can only hope."

Marek Kharune

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2017, 05:41:39 AM »
"Charo, get the door."

The tall man grumbled but got up from where he was watching the football game from on the couch. His hands moved to adjust and straighten his suit coat as he walked for the front door. As Charo reached for the door knob an explosion blew the door off it's hinges and sent the man flying backwards onto the Persian rug.?

"What the hell?" Shouted Timon as he shot up from the chair he was siting in just to have two .45 caliber 'special' rounds impact to his chest with the eruption of weapons fire from the entering man. Men scattered in the living room as they reached for their holstered guns.?

Five men. In less then fifteen seconds they were all laying upon the blood stained flooring. Any last moment groans of pain, were silenced with a single shot to the head from the man with the HK submachine gun.
Marek glanced slowly about the room from left to right and back again. Taking a step slowly forward and proceeding for the back bedroom of the apartment. He listened for movement. The sound of possible foot steps to the flooring. The sound of somebody being stupid and cocking their gun, or a cough or a sneeze or something.
Nothing. There was nothing but silence.
Until he reached the back bedroom that is.  There she was. Sitting on the side of the bed all coy like. The Vampire Melissa. Her smile was one of devious nature upon her ruby red painted lips. Her hair played downward past her shoulders and her eyes were both that of predator and prey. Of course, she'd chosen to be wearing a red and black lingerie teddy with a matching skimpy dark pair of panties. With a cross of one leg over the other and a light bob of her foot, she'd take in a slow breath before releasing it as she moved her eyes over Marek.
"Mr. Kharune. I haven't seen you in quite, sometime. To what do I owe this pleasure of your visiting me again?" Pay no mind to the fact Marek just killed her so called security detail in the other room and there was blood all over the living room flooring and furniture.
"Melissa." Spoke Marek as he adjusted the submachine gun to settle in hang with aid from the strap at his left shoulder. Marek's eyes glanced about the bedroom. Ensuring there wasn't some idiot hiding somewhere. "I'm looking for some people and I figure instead of running around town to get some information, I'd just come and ask you where they might be found."
"I need to speak with the Witch Victoria." Spoke Marek. "Mmhmm.." Responded Melissa as she as already running her pink tongue over those red lips of hers with her eyes roam of Marek's figure before her. "She's a confusing Witch that one. Why do you want to speak with her? She can't be as much fun as I am in bed." Melissa smiled oh so sweetly at Marek. "I am going to need to speak with Rachel as well. Baltor is up to his usual games. I need to find him and one of those two should know where he is." Melissa pouted pretty with a wiggle of her foot in the air some as her leg was still crossed over the other in her perch on the side of the bed. "Baltor has his head up in the clouds. Always has. He wants bigger things but he has not the brains to obtain it. I honestly would stick clear of him if I was you. And as far as Rachel is concerned? That Witch is on some high horse lately. All serious and dark looks. She has a meeting with the Witch Helena. Not sure when. I could probably.. find out when it was and let you know?" There was Melissa's devious smile again. Marek's boosted reflexes kicked in, a product from his homeworld. In less then a second his hand was around Melissa's throat in a firm grip.
"Mmm.. foreplay, Marek?" Melissa perked a grin upwards at him. Her comment did obtain a slight smirk from Marek but he gave a light shake of his head. "Not tonight. I need to know where I can find Victoria and Rachel. We can figure out.. a payment arrangement later."

Marek Kharune

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2018, 09:18:33 PM »
The Three hand blades retracted back in Marek's left hand. The weapons were of course placed decades ago upon Marek's homeworld of Earth. Well, one of many upon the realm of parallel universes. Most Shadowrunners had one to three placed. Marek had three placed in both hands. Such weapons aided in never being with out a way to protect one's self. Or others.

The thief was a puddle of blood and tears. His right arm missing from above the elbow. Life was escaping him, no doubt due to the cuts run through the man's chest and that crimson thickness spilling outward from his heart. It was over quick, pity. Perhaps he should have suffered more? 

Marek's gaze swept over the back alley. Five. He'd killed five. No tears for the wicked. They were all guilty of theft and some even murder. Five less to cause harm to others. 

Vigilante Justice? 

Perhaps. But then again every now and then maybe that is what the world needs. No red tape. No pause for legal matters. If criminals followed the legal rules of life, they wouldn't be criminals. Why should the rules be followed to get to justice? 

Rhydin had gangs of all sorts. Killers and Thieves. 

There was something gratifying in killing evil. No matter it's form. From your average humanoid to some vampire punk half breed. 

Marek slid his white phone out from the right pocket of his leather jacket. 

"Marek.. I could some help with something." Came the voice on the other end.

"Just finished up some work, I'll meet you at The Red Dragon."

Marek Kharune

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2018, 08:00:57 PM »
"Here little fella.. here boy.. here boy... come out, come out wherever you are..." Marek's voice spoke, as he moved through the nearly destroyed kitchen of a family's home just outside of Rhydin City. 

"I'll make it quick. Come on.. I don't have all day you little doughnut gone wrong."

It had been a day like any other for the family that lived in the lofted home made out of simple wood. Until something went horribly wrong while trying to bake in their wood burning oven. Marek had told the family to go away for a day and he'd 'clean' up the mess.

A faint voice, that oddly sounded jolly, came from one of the drawers. "Touch my tummy and you die! Heehee!!"

Marek turned his gaze toward the drawer he felt the voice came from. Three retractable hand blades slid out from the top of his left wrist. Quiet as quiet can be. Installed of course decades ago back on his version of Earth. With a few other additions. 

As Marek reached for the handle on the drawer with his right hand, the drawer suddenly flew open wide and a little Pillsbury Doughboy with red eyes stood up inside the drawer with a rolling pin in his little hands. "They poked me in my stomach! They always poke me in my stomach! Laugh Doughboy, they say.. laugh you little Doughboy.. well I'm not laughing now and I will kill everyone!!!"

Marek perked a brow at the demonic doughboy. "Yeah, well, the family that lives here? They'd like their home back. So you need to be going." A sweeping slice of Marek's left hand brought the blades to cut through the evil bit of dough. However, as soon as the doughboy lost his head and legs he reached over to pick them up and slap them back to his dough body.

"Ha ha! Now what are you going to do??? I will have my revenge on people! I will be the one handing out the pokes to their tummies! When I kill them! Muahahhaaaa!"

Marek retracted the hand-blades back below his skin and gave the kitchen a quick look over. His smirk would perk of that beard of his. 

"Okay, you angry doughnut. I've got things to do, besides babysitting your little evil self. You know, a lot of people like doughnuts." The little evil Doughboy gave a tilt of his head with that chef's hat atop it. Marek picked up what was a bottle of wine that was missing it's neck. No doubt the little dough-turd had broken the neck of the bottle off while destroying things in the family's kitchen. With the bottle already 'open' the remaining contents were tossed over the Doughboy. Soaking him with the red wine that was still in the bottle. 

The Doughboy sputtered some wine from his little mouth and growled at Marek. "Ha! You think a little wine will bother me?" "Nope." Said Marek, as he reached to pull out a match from his back jean pocket. "Have you ever had fried doughnuts? They can be quite tasty." Marek struck the match against the wood burning stove and the Doughboy's little red eyes got big. With a flick of the match, the little Doughboy tried to run along the counter top in the kitchen. The match impacted to his back and ignited the wine he was covered with. 

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I hate you!!! I hate you!!! Ahhhhhh!!! What a cruel world!!! I'm melting!!!!"

Marek smiled briefly as the evil bit of dough burned on the counter top. Locating a metal spatula from the kitchen floor, Marek proceeded to scoop up the burning mess of doughboy and turning around he dropped it on a cast ion pan. Putting the pan in turn into the wood burning oven before closing the metal door.

"I learned that one from Hansel and Gretel. At least, one variation of the brother and sister."

Marek Kharune

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2018, 10:14:53 PM »
Marek gave a knock to the door. After a few minutes it would be opened by a brunette with red highlights in her hair which was in two pony tails. The young woman smirked slightly at Marek outside her door. "Marek Kharune. It has been sometime since you stopped by. Business or pleasure?" She'd inquire with a curious smile perking at her lips. Marek gave a light nod of his head downward at her from his height. "Akira. Good to see you. Perhaps a little more than usual." Marek gave a nod once more at her. Akira wasn't dressed in much. Just a pair of knee high white socks and a pair of red silk panties.

"Was looking for Beka. Seems she's gone missing. You know anything about that?" As Marek asked, he looked Akira over briefly, noting a few bruises upon her skin near her right thigh. The tattoos at her thigh were black of 'Betty Boop' and above it was a half naked nun in a unique pose. The bruising was faint, but there just to the right of the nun tattoo. On her left arm from the shoulder to the elbow was a beautiful spiral of dark flowers. Below those at her arm to the wrist were more bruising.

Akira frowned a little, sliding her arms in a crossing below her breast. "I haven't seen her in a few days working here. She had a few rough clients recently. Vampire types." Marek gave another nod of his head to Akira. "Looks like she wasn't the only one seeing a few rough types, Akira." Akira shifted slightly on her feet and gave a sigh. "Yeah, well, jobs the job, Marek. Some clients aren't the loving type. They just want something rough. I talked with Julie and Janet couple days ago, Marek. One of Beka's last clients was a Vampire named Vincent. Thought you should know." Akira shifted again in her stance, uneasy about one of the 'working girls' missing.

"Vincent?" Marek perked a brow slowly as he lifted a hand to rub of his fingertips against his light beard. "Jet black hair, eyebrows and red lips? Wears clothing out of the 1600's like?" Akira gave a little nod of her head, the two pony tails shifting against her bare shoulders. "Yeah, that's him. Guy doesn't like modern clothing I guess. Looks like one of those guys from the old black and white movies. I've never had him as a client, Marek, but he is a rough one I've heard. I know he left Beka a month ago with some bruises on her neck. You know the rules here, no biting the 'help' or anything like that. So he probably hand his hands on her neck and arms I bet. Security here for us is pretty good. Beka didn't come in to work few days ago and we just thought she was taking a day off or something. I know where she lives. I can give you her address?" Marek gave a light smile with another nod gently down at Akira. "Thanks, darlin'. You know, I will find Beka. No worries." Akira gave a little nod of her head up at Marek. "She's a good girl, I hope nothing has happened to her. You think Vincent might of done something, Marek?"

"I don't know, Akira. But I will find out."

Marek Kharune

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2018, 11:41:15 PM »
Two days later...

There was a crime scene forty-five miles from where Beka's place of living was. Marek's modified 1970 Chevelle SS 454 of black with two white stripes from hood to trunk, pulled up to the tree line. The engine went silent and the driver side door opened as Marek slid out of the vehicle. With a close of the door Marek gave a nod to one of Rhydin's Marshals, Luke Wopat.

Marshal Wopat was dressed in a black long coat with a button shirt below and jeans. Western boots of course and a dark western hat sat up his head. His Marshal badge was set to the left side of his long coat and his pair of pistols laid nestled at either side of his hip in the leather holsters of his gun belt.

Marshal Wopat gave Marek a tip of his brim. "Marek." Marek in turn would give a nod to the man. "Luke. I'm guessing this isn't about our next card game?" Luke Wopat gave a little shake of his head. "Naw. Fraid' it's not. Heard you were looking for one of the 'working girls' from Rhydin City. Thought you should see this, come on."

Marshal Wopat turned upon a heel of his boot and moved off into the woods. Passing a few deputies looking about the woods, Wopat would escort Marek to where a female body laid among a large section of fallen leaves from the surrounding trees.

Marek took one look at the face and would give a shake of his head. "Yeah. That's Beka." Luke Wopat gave another shake of his head. "Yup. One of the Rangers found her after a few hikers were out this morning in the woods here. They reported finding a body. Got out here quick as I could with my deputies. She's got a bite mark or two in the neck, but something don't add up." Marek glanced aside toward the Marshal. "What's that, Luke?" "Well." Luke began. "I've found dozens of people killed by vampires. But there's always been more blood. She doesn't have even a spilled drop on her clothes and her neck is clean as if she took a shower. Don't add up at all. Who's that neat and clean? Now it's been windy lately, so the leaves about here are probably scattered more so then when the body was brought here. I'm doubting she was killed here. I sent three deputies over to her place, wanna come along?"

Marek was looking over Beka's body. "Sure. Somebody cleaned her up probably. Trying to hide something no doubt. Maybe they left something at her place."

"Yeah, let's go see together." Marshal Luke Wopat gave another look at the lifeless body. "Damn shame."