Author Topic: In the Shadow of the Mountains  (Read 971 times)

Chaos

Return to the House.
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2008, 05:45:19 AM »
It had been too long. Bob had been driven too far to the edges of his patience. People were pathetic and worthless as far as he was concerned. There was nothing he could do to help them, and they were too infinitely stupid to figure it out that the best thing to do was to sit there and do what they were told. They think they are free will but their choices are made because they fear the unknown, enough. Bob was sick of them and their pathetic emotional crap.

So he returned to exile, to be alone with his dead village and to protect it from would be visitors and people who would stop by to gaze at the statue village of Carcosa and try to take a piece of a statue home with them. But for now he just sank into his chair that was on the porch and gazed out into the eternal and silent night. In a world of emotions and humanity, being him really was a disadvantage. People were too stupid to even be afraid of him. being more interested in cartoonish type games that meant nothing. His rage threatened to destroy everything he worked so hard for, so he had to walk away from it all to control himself for just alittle longer.

And he sighed and waited for his anger to disappear.

CM

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2008, 08:58:32 PM »
::Sometime later, or maybe not so long for him, Bob would sense the scrying on him while he sat on the porch. The items she had taken for safe keeping were returned to him as they appeared right there beside him, plus a large cooler. Then he could feel the small note form in his hand::

Dear Bob,

I'm sorry I haven't been around much. I've really been studying a lot. I seem to be on a learning streak and I have felt the strong need to follow that urge. I've sent your things back to yous. I only took them to keep them safe. I think I will be staying here to study and that could take a long time to complete. So, I don't know when I'll see you again.  I hope you are all right, things were strange when you left and by the looks on your face, yous don't seem in much better spirits since then. I hope things change soon but I know that must come first from within you.

Take care.

Your friend,
~ Cadence.

p.s.
I put a bunch of Pepsi in the large cooler, some are regular, some are max, some are cherry and some vanilla which are really good with the right bourbon. they're ice cold right now. Hope you enjoy them.

Chaos

Re:
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2008, 06:14:03 AM »
Bob read that note and then he smiled. Cadence, it has been awhile since she was seen. As long as she was alright that seemed to make him happy enough. Looking around there seemed to be nothing to do. But he was still frustrated with people, so he would remain here and simply chill out, drink his new pepsi and look forward to the salvation of Exile for awhile. He needed a break from all the epic melodrama so many could bring, and it was then he shut his mind off from the world, it was vacation time.

And it was that thought that seemed to relax him the most, but how long would it last he wondered, he would have to just wait and see. No future seeing for him this time. He would fight the urge to look ahead. Leaning back in his chair and he gazed over his land, his thoughts wandered to happy times with chainsaws and giant monsters.

Chaos

Re:
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2008, 03:32:30 AM »
The midday sun shined down on Bob as it was his house, him and a post that resembled a person there, made from some unknown but shiny material, most likely metal of some kind. Fighting stance was taken then and Bob reached out and struck the metal, it clanged loudly in response to the blow. Most people would have never seen him move that fast. Bob was obviously bored and restless in exile, but still it was better then being frustrated. He sighed lightly and kicked it, his leg was like a blur and the force was so much that the effigy of the person flew out of the ground, sailing through the air it would at least eighty feet from where it came from. The thing landed and kicked up a cloud of dust then.

Not seeing anybody around Bob just extended his hand and that shining figure flew back to him along the ground leaving a trail of dust behind it. Soon it was to him once again and standing upright once more, the other end firmly in the ground once more. He just sighed and turned around  to walk towards the house, then that metal was destroyed when he spun around with the black lightsaber. That beam sword would slice the training post in half easily.

Then, he saw the ruined thing lay there upon the ground. He deactivated the saber and began to move back to the house with much better intentions and plans then he had before.

Bob had work to do.

Chaos

Re:
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2008, 04:16:11 AM »
Nah, work was too hard. The easier way would be to simply relax into the new lifestyle of being a regular nobody in this vast world of giants that would lie to themselves that they ruled anything at all, yeah, let them lie and play their deception games. He did not care one way or another. He was content enough to sit here on his porch and watch people who would pass by, wave at them if they did. Nobody ever came by though so he really didn't have to worry about anything. He would have to get his student to unfreeze his newly adopted home.

On second thought no, he would do it himself when he got around to it. It would make him look better over all and that was all that mattered, right? Looking better then the next guy.

The game of Good and Evil was over rated, let them kill each other mindlessly. He would have no more part of it because the people on both sides of the fence were terrified of him and his overwhelming destructive personality. When he came for you, there was no true escape. Ah, then he smiled and remembered the good old days when people were not afraid to go to war, or destroy in his name, much less their own. Back then people just followed orders blindly and life was good. But then the fools had to start wondering why, why this and why that. Their pitiful minds couldn't understand it even if he had explained it to them. Good help was so hard to find, willing help was even harder.

So Bob walked away from friends, enemies, and the innocent bystander who might have gotten killed along the way. It was for the best. Last time he tried to back out of this people complained and cried, this time he expected no such reaction, as a matter of fact he expected no reaction at all, just the way he liked it.

Bob reached over and grabbed a Pepsi and cracked it open, it was easy enough and the cool can was soothing to even one such as him. Evil would have to find a new champion, and he was sure that there were a number of people willing to take the place readily.

He had intended to build a giant army of mechanical destroyers and use them to systematically destroy Rhydin's strongholds in an attempt to become Emperor of this wretched place. But it soon became apparent that most of the people who inhabited this place were not worth the flesh they were made from, so it was better just to let them destroy and drink themselves to death, like he cared what they did anymore.

He took a sip of his drink. It was good. As he looked upon the great space before him he realized that this is where he belonged the whole time. A simple life for a simple creature would be a fitting end to the story, he thought to himself as he watched the wind blow by in peace.

No place like home, is there?

Sandrine Black

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2008, 11:43:29 PM »
On one not so significant day Sandrine came a calling on sole occupant of the village.  She just showed up on his porch.  Her gaze honed in upon the cooler of pepsi, to which she helped herself.  

Opening it, she took a seat on the porch swing.  She was in no particular hurry so she would give the owner of the house a moment to notice her presence.  Her thoughtful gaze drifted out to the silent village.  Perhaps this was as appropriate a time and place as any to deliver all casual like the news she had.

"Bob sure knows how to pick a morbid location to disappear and sulk at..."  Was muttered to herself.  She just shook her head and took a sip.  Waiting there patiently for the solitary monster they call Bob.
“It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this.”

Chaos

Re:
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2008, 05:38:48 AM »
That black lightsaber was ignited and the tip was pointed right to the back of her neck. "Get up, and walk away I came here to be left alone from everybody. This means you too. Get up and go, now." Bob was not to be disturbed, by anybody. The tone of his voice was enough to prove it and it said that he no longer cared about the affairs of people, they had nothing to do with him any longer and nor would he.

"Don't speak, just leave."

Sandrine Black

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2008, 07:09:36 AM »
Sandrine's body had a tension snake it's course through her.  You might have almost even seen what appeared to be a chill quake through that slender form.  After that quiver though, she appeared composed as she just shook her head in the strained silence.  If Bob really wished her dead....  He had opportunity after....  No, she was OWNED by him...  Lower lip chewed on for that moment that seemed to never end.

For the first time since he had claimed her tears glistened in those cold eyes.  She just needed him to tell her something...  So long as he was lost so was she.  They were connected and distance didn't change the fact.

She would not speak no, he had commanded and she would not...  But she couldn't seem to move from the spot either.  She just stared straight ahead with those tears in her eyes.  So many things had changed in her life...  and she actually really wanted to live now.  But for some reason she still did not feel she deserve to anyways.  

He could decide her fate, but she would not leave either.  Not without some answer.  She had to do it she had to say something.

"Bob...  I thought many a bad thing of you...  But this....." She trailed off as she shook her head.  It was all she had to say.  If he did not wish to talk, and he did not strike her dead...  She would disappear with sad eyes shutting tightly.  A soft defeated sigh perhaps her last breath in this realm.
“It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this.”

Chaos

Re:
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2008, 01:55:00 AM »
And she left, good riddance as far as he was concerned. The rest of the world was purged of his very existence, and to the rest of everything living, he was dead. An unknown in a world of giants. Just the way he liked it. That saber just died out and he sat in his chair, alone.

"Well...now everybody is happy." said to himself and no one else. He would need a new name and history, but that was ok. It would give him something to do now that he could start over. He could really care less about anybody else at this point. It was easier to be dead then it was to kill. Let the decay begin, he thought to himself as he just wondered what the future would hold from this point on.

Chaos

Re:
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2008, 01:10:23 AM »
In a world that had forgotten him completely, the monster could finally live as a relative unknown. An average person living in the middle of nowhere in a little house just outside a village of the dead. It was fitting. He had no reason to be known for any reason. But he needed a hobby, something to pass the time.

He looked over to the the house and then decided that was how he was going to spend his days. He would build things, create things to put his madness into, in a constructive project that would not involve the mindless destruction. Of course nothing he ever did was mindless. For the most part it was completely terrifying to the lesser minded people, but to him that was nothing new.

He picked himself up off the porch and made his way to the basement of his place. It was here his work could begin.

Chaos

Re:
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2008, 08:30:15 AM »
How long had it been, a month, a year, ten thousand years. Time had no meaning to him anymore and he had lost himself. Completely disconnected from the realm of mortal world at large, who cared who even noticed. That hammer slammed down for the thousandth time onto the mystical steel. The heat and the fires from the depths of an infinite number of hells made the temperature of the work place deadly to most mortals, but he was no ordinary creature.

The former monster smashed that metal into shape with his brutal strength alone, since he had no way to let loose his anger and frustration to the pathetic world he had left behind, the metal would be an unwilling victim to the fury. The metal however, had a different purpose on its own. There was formed and monstrous shapes behind the worker, large and countless humanoid figures shrouded in darkness and air thick with the heat of hellfire, hidden from the world, from the living.

The sparks rained from each and every strike as powerful as the last. Creation was hard work for all creatures. And depending on what one was making, prove the level of difficulty of the task. His was one of near impossible standards. He had been working all this time in secret, working under the guise of death, it had worked out pretty well so far.

He then took the still red hot metal in his hand and inspected it for flaws, his flesh sizzled and burned but there was no pain to be felt, no pain for him now, or ever. Sending his own son into exile to worlds unknown was painful enough. His tricks and plans had been executed perfectly, but then again they always were when he put his mind too it. The metal arm newly created was deemed perfect, and it was the finishing piece of the puzzle.

He walked over and placed it over the empty hole, as if coming to life the metal quickly merged with the main body becoming a part of something much more horrible and destructive. The whole remain shrouded in darkness, and the project was not ready to be revealed just yet.

Once more turning towards the furnace and the seemingly endless supply of metal, his grip around the hammer's handle tightened again, there was so much more work to be done.

Chaos

Re:
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2008, 05:52:46 AM »
Then it was to be so, the creation of a legend was no easy task not to mention one of such enormous power. Cruelty had given form to destructive forms that would never know anything of weakness, or compassion. The monsters of the alien metals would arise soon enough, blood would flow and hell would be his to unleash. Those cold wind tore through the lands as unnatural as they were mysterious. The gates of hell had opened up and out came the bite of the eternal frosty lair, the flames of ice ate at the souls of the damned, the souls he had stolen to power his devices that only promised to deliver death to any they had met along the road to domination.

Bob revealed to the world for the first time, his creation, a basic form of murder but effective nonetheless against most things. May the bodies twist in their beds, may they cringe in fear at the coming of the new army, sure he had a lot of work to do, but a test run was surely in order. Being just outside the barrier, his infernal machine would work nicely as he had planned it to. The world might believe he was dead, and that was fine with him.

The end had been coming for sometime now, the monsters had been screaming. The emotional wastes of life had been wallowing too long in their self hate, it was time to do them a favor and put them out of their misery, if they were not cowardly enough to die, then they could run forever. Either way was fine with him a state of living death, hunted to the ends of Rhydin and back again was even more entertaining. Those immortal cowards who hide behind their women to protect them will eventually learn to either stand up for themselves, or die trying.

But Bob was a merciful emperor, if they would serve him and him alone, perhaps he could get them to change their ways and be something more then they ever dreamed possible. Hey, even super villains could dream sometimes. But chances were better that their flesh would become steaming piles of bloody waste. It was a win-win situation for him either way.

A pair of glowing yellow eyes lit up in the darkness behind him. And somewhere, a woman screamed as her soul was taken from her body and used as energy to run the new machine. It was going to be a very good week, he thought to himself.

Chaos

Re:
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2008, 02:42:51 AM »
Superheroes. Pesky, annoying and in the way superheroes. They always messed with his plans to kill thousands of people. If anything he always try again. The test run was perfect though. The machines were a success in any case. The weakest ones proved that the programming worked as it should. The next time would be a much happier result in action, and destruction. So it came to pass.

There was only the waiting, and execution of the plans left to do. Who would take the blame for the tragedy to come, he had a huge list of people he didn't like and all of them deserved to burn for as long as any part of them existed in this world, or any other. So, while the planning began and the blaming would begin slowly something else was coming to town other then those silly so called holidays.

Bob then moved the cover off of some new metal monster that walked, and smiled as it activated. "Come now, I know you want to do some real damage, but first of all I have a job for you...a very special job." He said as he returned to the darkness, leaving the machine alone.

CM

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2009, 05:17:21 PM »
Once again, a portal opened in front of the house. Cadence peered out of her room with the clarity of a sleeping ogre. Her eyes were bloodshot, body thin from lack of food and care, hair was a silvery pile of locks and she looked like the thing the cat dragged in. Inspite of this, she yawned sleepily and smiled. The smile froze. There was nobody there. A frown quickly replaced the look.

"Hmmm... can't gets to Mary's place and nobody is here. Have I been gone that long?''

Sigh. Soft shrug of her shoulders, she stepped back inside and  closed the door.

She attempted to send a note to Bob.

Note:

Dear Bob,

Hope you are doing good. I've just taken a small break from my studdies and I was hoping to see you. Couldn't get into see Mary. Hope things are well with her. Kinda miss my job there. Miss my job at the school too. I will try to get my job back there. I think I need to take some time away from my studies. My eyes hurt. My whole body hurts actually. I need a bath and some nice fuzzy warm clean clothes to wrap up in. I'll be at the school the have nice rooms there.

Missed you lots!come see me. tell me of your recent endeavors.

~Cadence.

Chaos

Re:
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2009, 07:09:00 AM »
Odd. A note, for him? It appeared in his cracked and worn down hand. He had been working for quite sometime and his human form was beginning to show signs of wear, instead of blood there was only dark energy vapors to replace it. He set his hammer down for a minute and read it.

Well, he had figured everybody had left by now. He had been away for so long that it had been months since he had seen anything but his work place. Not to mention his creations he had been working on.

Everything had changed, but for now he would keep to himself things should be taken somewhat slowly if he decided to come out that was. He slid the note in a pocket then continued on with his work.