Author Topic: Fired Up on WHAM! 101.1FM: Pro-Human Protests  (Read 861 times)

Miranda Bennett

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • Of Gall and Grangers
Re: Fired Up on WHAM! 101.1FM: Pro-Human Protests
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2017, 11:44:50 AM »
"Hi, Johnny! I'm just calling to say you're hot!" A slightly familiar woman's voice declared on the other end of the phone before a distinctly male voice cut in. "Miri! I think Ro is into your lipstick aga-" Click.
"You'll never find a rainbow, if you're looking down."

~ Charlie Chaplin

Johnny Storm

• Human Torch
  • Adult Wyrm
  • 🔥
    • View Profile
    • Crash and Burn
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2017, 02:47:43 PM »
"Um, thanks! I think," Johnny replied with a chuckle, looking to Yasmin, who was still doodling something on her pad and looking a little distracted. He had a feeling he knew who had been on the other end of the phone call, but he didn't bother to share that with their listeners. Maybe he'd have a word with her later.

Instead, he elbowed Yasmin and silently mouthed, "What are you doing?" This was her show, after all. He was just borrowing some air time, so to speak.

Yasmin

• Old Wyrm
    • View Profile
Who I Am
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2017, 10:48:42 PM »
?Yes, thank you, caller,? Yas added after Johnny elbowed her. She shrugged her shoulders in reply to his silent question.

?I have to say, I really loved having you here, Johnny. You and all of our callers definitely gave us a lot to take in. I have a lot to think about myself. Well, I would, but I?m gonna try not to. Thinking a lot gives me a headache...? She crinkled her nose at the thought.

?If I may offer a little support to all of my non-human brethren?? she said a little more seriously, looking at her microphone, ?I have always loved Rhydin for its openness and welcoming environment. I still believe it is that place. As a shapeshifter, I know full well that not as many of you are able to change or hide your non-human appearance as easily. I hope you find some solace in the fact that I choose not to hide. For myself, and for those of you that look different, I choose to look different for us. I stand for us.?

?And for those that hate me,? she added with her humor quickly returning, ?I just hope you hate me for who I am, not what I am.?

?Thank you again to all of our callers and thank you, Johnny. I?m gonna let you have the final say, bud. Then take us out with a song.? She looked over to him with an appreciative smile.
DJ Zazzy Yas for WHAM! 101.1FM ~ Member of the Shanachie Theater Company

Johnny Storm

• Human Torch
  • Adult Wyrm
  • 🔥
    • View Profile
    • Crash and Burn
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2017, 06:28:16 PM »
"Well said, Yas! Thanks to all our callers and thanks to Yasmin for having me. I've really enjoyed myself here today! Maybe we should do this more often," Johnny suggested with a grin at Yasmin that could almost be heard across the radio.

"Let's close the show now with People are People by Depeche Mode. And remember, no matter whether you're human or not, we're all citizens of Rhy'Din, and it's up to all of us to take care of each other. This is Johnny Storm and Lady Yasmin Blue saying Peace Out!" Yes, he had noticed what she'd been doodling on her pad a little while ago.

Johnny wasn't sure if what they'd done would make any difference, but if they'd managed to change the mind and heart of just one person, it had been time well spent.