Author Topic: Icer's journal  (Read 1042 times)

Icer1978

• Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
Icer's journal
« on: February 22, 2007, 05:57:45 PM »
Thinking for a moment, the dragon opened her book and started to write. 2/22-Dear journal, last night was wonderful, my mate's been coming every night to the Inn, I think he worries about me, though he probably shouldn't.

I haven't hunted wyverns for awhile, I've been catching fish instead, its not as filling, but its easier to catch, and perhaps one of these days I'll start up my hunting again.

Daddy returned journal, he seems alright though his right eye is wounded, we're similar there now, only my scar is in my left eye, it didn't seem to bother him though, and I'm happy to see him again.

Ty wouldn't leave Alex alone last night, I think he's scared of losing his grandfather again, I don't blame him though, perhaps some time will heal all wounds. well, good night for now.

Closing the book, she grinned, snuggling back against her mate, just resting her eyes for a bit.

Icer1978

• Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 10:17:54 AM »
After not having written for awhile, the book was opened again, and in her scrawl that was getting somewhat better, she wrote.

3/20- We had another wonderful night last evening. Aurthur came back last evening, he told me he had gone to a valley to recover from his illness because he didn't want any of us catching what he had.

I missed him terribly, but he's back now.  We took a nice flight last evening journal.. it was to the glade just South of the city, I found it purely by accident when the Nexus placed me there.

We had a lovely swim in the moonlight then relaxed for a bit in one of the nearby caves.  Aurthur was thinking of making our second lair there, perhaps as a retreat for us when we don't feel like flying back home.

He even found the perfect cave, though it doesn't have the extra protection of the waterfall that ours does, it is rather nice.

Perhaps one of these days even one of our young ones may find a home there, they are getting to that age, and most are already bigger than I am.

Placing the pen down then, she reread was had been written, then closed the book back up for now.

Icer1978

• Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 10:43:06 AM »
Opening her book once again while her mate slept, th dragon smiled, picking up the pen with her tail and began writing once again.

4/4-Last evening was wonderful, I gave my mate the news and he was so happy, he was flying circles outside.  I'm still tired, but its getting better, Aurthur promised me that he'd fix up the lair for our next clutch, and he promised to take good care of me throughout the pregnancy.

There aren't many left of our first clutch, they've gone off to seek their own lairs, save Icewing, I hope he can get along with his little brothers and sisters, and hopefully Daddy doesn't drop by unexpectedly with sweets, the last thing we'd need are more hatchlings not sleeping the night through because of sugar.

Icer1978

• Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 10:31:21 AM »
Waking from her slumber, the dragon smiled, watching her still sleeping mate beside her, and she rose a moment to fetch her book and pen, before resettling at her mate's side.  The book was opened, and she penned in... 4/7-I've been very tired lately, and hungry, it seems that whenever I am not sleeping, I am eatting, and when I'm not eatting, I'm sleeping.  Actually, I've little idea how I even got home last evening, I think perhaps Aurthur actually carried me.  He's being so supportive to me, and we told my father the news, he seemed happy, though maybe next time we won't wake him.

Icer1978

• Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 12:06:48 PM »
Picking up her pen with her tail, the dragon nudged her book open to the next blank page and started to write, though this time, her words were actually starting to look ledgible.

4/12- Dear journal, Aurthur has been cleaning up the lair, even Icewing seemed eager to help out, I'm glad to see that our son isn't keeping to himself like he had been, I think he'll enjoy having more little brothers and sisters to play with.

My friend Shey stopped by the other day at the Inn and surprised me, she bought me a beautiful butterfly necklace, and a silver ball with a dragon inlay that chime when it's played with, I gave it to little Julie, and she played with it until it put her to sleep.

She also promised to take me shopping one of these days, to pick out toys for the little ones, I told Aurthur and he wants to help pick out the toys as well, maybe I'll have to have a ladies day out with Shey, and another trip with my mate, we invited Daddy to come along as well when we do go, and he seems eager to spoil his Grandbabies.

Aurthur and my brother Darkmere have also been making sure I have enough food, though I really want to go hunting, I'm not supposed to though, sometimes you don't know how good something is until you can't do it anymore. I really do miss hunting, but Aurthur just wants me to relax, at least until the clutch is laid, then I can start hunting again.

Even my sister Storm has seemed to lighten up a little, she's been making friends with the dragons from the Valley, she's been smiling a lot more lately as well, maybe it's from helping with the first clutch, I'm not sure, but she's definately not as grumpy as she usually is.

Icer1978

• Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 11:59:08 AM »
Half asleep still, the dragon nudged the cover of her book open, tail wrapped around her pen and she started writing.

4/17- Last evening was relaxing journal, I made a few new friends, a man named Feilas who pledged to help me should I ever need it, he seemed rather surprised the night I first met him, after all, he told me he hadn't seen a dragon in ages.  I also met a sweet woman named Reanna, she is new to Rhy'din and so I helped her out, I paid for her room to start her out, and she offered to repay me, I declined as always.  

Last night I saw another friend that hasn't been around for awhile, Twilight the unicorn, she seems to be doing fine, Reanna went to the kitchen and brought out a platter of food for me, she didn't have to, but I did enjoy the company.  Oh yes, and the flowers, there was a huge bouquet of flowers on the bar, it seemed like there was one for everyone around, well, except for Chryrie, she didn't seem to mind though.

I received  an Ice flower with a message attatched, I'm curious to who may have sent them, especially since Ice flowers are so rare.

My message read Matronly grace, all the flowers had messages journal.

Icer1978

• Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 10:55:34 AM »
4/25/07- Dear journal, I've been very tired lately, but Aurthur came by the Inn again last night.  He promised that we'd go for a walk today and just relax, I can't wait, it seems like I've been couped up inside for awhile though I know that I haven't been.

I stopped by the party in the Glen a few nights ago, I don't know, I kept mostly to myself, but then I was really tired that night, I did manage to swim for a little while before the Nexus took me home.

Aside from being tired, everything is well, though I can't wait until I can hunt again, Aurthur's also been carrying me home, not that I mind, we get a little extra nsuggle time in that way.

Icer1978

• Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 02:09:52 PM »
4/30/07- Dear journal, I was so tired last night that I never even made it to the Inn, I stayed at the lair.  It was probably because I healed my cousin Aerendir, but I didn't mind, he came in a couple nights ago with a broken wing and a dose of Dragon's bane.., I really do hate that stuff..

He told me that there is a Dragon Tamer after him, Its just funny though that I've never come across this tamer, but I do trust my cousin, he's been there for me many a time, and I told him to call if he needs asistance again.

Icer1978

• Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 12:04:35 PM »
The pen was taken up again after a bit of an absense, and the dragon penned in.. 5/7/07-  I've been really tired lately journal, and I've been staying closer to the lair.  Maybe sometime today, I'll take a flight.

Sha'uri has been stopping by the lair as well to bring me classwork, I know I've wanted to get back to School, but I haven't made it yet and doubt I'll be able to until after our clutch is laid. I don't want to fall behind though either, and maybe next time she visits, Tina will be with her.

Icer1978

• Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 08:18:14 PM »
5/9/07- Last night was wonderful, Aurthur surprised me with a necklace that he helped our son make, it's so sparkly.  He wanted to give it to me in case we didn't see each other on Mother's day.

after Aurthur left, I spoke with Tasha, she said that the Dark Wizard was upset, I wouldn't be surprised, and I'm keeping away from that man.

Icer1978

• Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 11:34:09 AM »
5/22/07- Dear journal, the eggs are doing well, Aurthur and I take turns caring for them.  

Last night was the first time in awhile that I'd gone to the Outback, I met my cousin's mate, she's very lovely, and I hope their young ones do well.

Daddy and Aurthur almost got into a fight journal, I hate to see them that way, but I hate raising my voice to them even more, still, I hope they can manage to get along, if not for me, at least for the sake of our little ones.

Brother Brian and I.., well, I'm still keeping my distance for now, he seems to tense and I don't want to add to that tension.

I saw Tera last night as well, but she seemed to busy, I miss seeing her around, but Lili did come back, she said that Renna released her, and I'm glad to see her back to herself again, hopefully she can see her Grandfather soon, I'm sure he'd like that.

Icer1978

• Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 04:55:50 PM »
6/15/07-  Anger, darkness, the rage it grows, burns, swelling deep within.

First a brother, now.. the pen was gripped tightly a moment in her tail as she did yet another breathing exercise that was taught to her by Artemus.

My mate, Aurthur.., my son Icewing, and my father, taken, stolen, captive somewhere in the Northern mountains, I  know not where, but I know this day, the humans of that area have made a bitter enemy.

They will fall, not all of them, just those that have dedicated their lives to the pursuit of our kind, I will nae stand idley by as yet more kin vanish, my mate being one of them.

Icer1978

• Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 11:13:03 AM »
7/11/07- Dear journal, I know I haven't written in awhile, but I've been busy with the hatchlings and all.

Aurthur, my father and son have all returned, and I am glad to have them backm though we have added a few more protection wards to the lair, just incase.

I still have to help my cousin and nephew move to another lair, maybe we can find something close to our own, that way, familly would be closer.

We've also adopted three more young ones, Serenity is such a little sweet one, and so little, it doesn't matter to me that she's a green, nor that Sento and little Steele are blacks.

It's almost like little ones are drawn to me journal, Serenity bumped into me at the Glen, and started climbing on me, Kitty thinks she's so cute, and Aurthur said we should open our own nursery.

Father, and Mother have a lot of little ones to spoil now though, so I'm sure they'll be happy.

Icer1978

• Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2007, 02:17:43 AM »
7/20/07-, I know I haven't written for awhile journal, I've been busy with the hatchlings. They are quite active, especially little Serenity, she and Ruby seem to escape the lair all the time.

Oh yes, I found one of my nest mates the other day, my twin sister Winter, I was resting on the bank of the lake, when she pounced me in, I took her with me at least.

One of these days, I'm going to help her find a lair of her own.

Icer1978

• Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 05:27:32 PM »
8/24/07-Dear journal, it's been quite awhile but I've been rather busy, especially since the Orphannage is almost done.

Its been a bad week journal, first I lost my first Stepfather Sanrik, he left me his staff, and a picture of himself, Moon and I when they first took me in, then daddy came and told me Aurthur's been hurt.

He was digging in the lair, when a rock fell, daddy Aurok, and my Stepmother have been taking care of him.

It's been a few days since I've been to the lair as well, sister watched the young ones for me, but I returned finally, I've cleaned up the slide, and while Aurthur's gone, I have resumed his digging.