Author Topic: The Green Room  (Read 953 times)

Eregor

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2018, 10:39:24 PM »
A note was pinned to the Green Room corkboard.

I would like to take this opportunity to annouce the birth of Rhi's and my son, Brian Vincent T?r Gaird?n! He was born this past Friday, January 26, after a thankfully easy hour of labor.

Rhi tells me, "That's easy for YOU to say!" She is smiling as she says it, though.

Baby and mother are both in excellent health and resting comfortably! I'll bring little Brian by the Theater soon!

With much joy!
Eregor T?r Gaird?n

Annabeth Caldwell

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2018, 11:28:37 AM »
Seeing the note Eregor had posted, Annabeth couldn't help but grin.  She could almost hear both their voices speaking through that little piece of paper.

She was quite happy for them, and she couldn't wait to take Lottie shopping for a present that afternoon.

Later that evening a gift was delivered to the Tur Gairdin household.  Inside was a handmade quilt, a plush bear, and a rattle in shape of a sword.  The note that came with it read,

"Congratulations both of you!  I look forward to seeing little Brian when you do bring him by.  My daughter Lottie, offers her condolences that he wasn't a daughter, but insisted on the sword, 'Because here in Rhy'din even boys need to be armed, Mommy.'  How do you argue with a 7 1/2 year old?"

Mairead Harker

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2018, 08:50:42 PM »
Maggie arrived with her Aunt Rhiannon, who had baby Brian in arms. Their mission was to catch up on a few things. A wagon load of Easter baskets with candies and toys were left in the green room for the Shanachie's performers, staff, and their families.

Maggie tack up three notes, two that her aunt had written:

Dear friends,

Thank you for the congratulatory notes and gifts we received for our newest addition, Brian. Apologies for the delay. We hope you and your families will enjoy these baskets of treats to celebrate Easter and/or the recent coming of spring.

Sincerely,

Rhiannon and Eregor Túr Gairdín

Dear Annabeth and Lottie,

Our sincerest thanks for the sword for Brian. Given our family history, I am sure he will make good use of it. We have a wonderful daughter in our Colleen and are not disappointed that our new arrival is a boy.

You are both welcome to join us for the first fruit picking of the season. The orchard isn't yet open to the public. We allow the children of family and friends to explore as they like, pick their own basket of nature's treats, and make juices of them.

Fondly,

Rhi and Eregor

Maggie then tacked up her own note:

Dear theater family,

I would like to thank you all for your participation in Children's Day events in years past and hope you will be willing to take part again this year. There will be a festival and concert in the Marketplace on 14 April. The performance is to honor the memory of one of our fellow Shanachie performers, Lirssa Sarengrave al-amat, who passed away earlier this year. As some of you may already know, she was very active in charities to aid Rhydin's youth. Any donations made will be divided between High Spires House and Kids of Summer.

Thank you for your consideration,

Maggie Harker

((The festival will be both a board and live event.))
"Then again, what do I know, I'm a kid."

Arandir

• Prince of Ilyethlin
  • Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • Motley Menagerie of Myriad Marvels
Re:
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2018, 09:53:14 AM »
"I will wait for you outside, my prince," the yellow-haired elf said with a bow. Ever since Aran had brought his people to Rhy'Din, the elf had become like a shadow - his self-proclaimed bodyguard, rarely leaving his side. It made Aran a little uneasy, but he could hardly argue with the elf's sense of loyalty.

"Yes, thank you, Hal," Arandir said, only half-listening, distracted by memories of the time when he'd been a member of the theater. He looked around the Green Room, remembering.

Some things had changed, but much remained the same. There were plenty of familiar faces, along with some new ones, all of them rushing about to get ready before curtain. Some smiled and nodded, while others only gave him a curious glance.  He had enjoyed the time he'd spent at the theater and missed it sometimes, but his life had changed. He had other duties to tend to now, instead of juggling rehearsals and performances.

"Aran!" a familiar voice called, and the half-elf turned to find a familiar face smiling at him and hurrying over to clasp his hand. Despite the costume and makeup, Aran recognized the young man as Josh Stuart, one of the first friends he'd made at the Shanachie.

"It's good to see you," Josh said, a warm smile on his face. "Are you here to see Carina perform? She's got the female lead, you know. She's amazing. I hear you're a father now."

"Yes, we have a daughter. Her name is Aluviel. Lu for short," Aran replied, his face beaming with pride and joy. Their daughter was the first child born to the elves since Aran's birth, and his own birth had been the first in hundreds of years; hence, she was understandably being properly spoiled and protected. "She's at home with Carina's parents," he explained. She wasn't even a year old yet, after all - much too young to appreciate the theater just yet. "This play seems familiar," he said, with a puzzled look on his face. "Didn't Eregor play King Arthur once before?"

"Oh, you mean Spamalot," Josh replied with a chuckle. "Yeah, long story. I'll explain later. I have to get ready for curtain. Dru's around here somewhere. We should go out for a drink later. Catch up. See you later, 'Ran!" he called, as he hurried off.

"See you later," Aran echoed, too late for Josh to hear him. He exhaled a sigh as he looked around, feeling a little out of place here now that he was no longer part of the company; but he was glad he'd encouraged Carina not to leave the theater. He knew how much it meant to her and how much she loved it. It was because of the theater that they'd met. He smiled at the thought of that, another thought coming to mind.

Finding a pen and pad of paper in the Green Room, he scratched a quick note and slipped it under the door to Mataya's office with a happy smile on his face. If they couldn't bring the theater to Anarven, maybe they could bring Anarven to the theater.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

~ J.R.R. Tolkein

Craig Cleric

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2018, 11:38:18 PM »
After hearing about a fellow Shanachie coworker having been nominated for May Queen, he’d managed to get another poster that seemed to have been placed sporadically throughout the city already.

What better place to put one than somewhere everyone knew her face already? A casual reminder simply by putting up a poster close to the door, easily seen by everyone who would leave or enter.

What wasn’t quite so casual… were the poor victims subjected to getting a Vote for Saila! sticker slapped to their forehead in passing with a fat lipped grin. As it was… he was wearing two strategically placed stickers on his chest…

Was it mentioned he wasn't wearing a shirt but instead adorned a top hat for promotion?

[size=9][OOC: Don't forget to PM your vote to The Druid][/size]
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 07:51:25 PM by Anthony De Luca »
[img:8171c44108]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/9d/7b/78/9d7b78d05925d07644a5cf7ca7b459f5.gif[/img:8171c44108]
[img:8171c44108]http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/fss/4bdb754cedf9cfa22a4fb8b1ad9cafd3/Craig1.gif[/img:8171c44108]

Raul Stoneson

• Wyrmling
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2018, 12:36:58 PM »
Throughout the auditions, Raul had been a constant presence, albeit quietly in the background. At one point Ludo had asked him why, and the half-dwarf responded with a grin. "These are the faces I'm going to be working with all season. I like to see how they look up there raw, as it were, so I can get a feel for what I have to work with."

Now that the auditions were over, he waited with eager anticipation to see which faces he would be making up.

Josette Wheeler

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2019, 12:50:49 PM »
News travels fast in Rhydin. As a result, Josette found a quiet moment before the Saturday evening performance of Cinderella to post a colorful little banner with celebratory macarons in several mouth watering flavors to be enjoyed by all in the Green Room to congratulate Maggie on her recent win.

Congratulations to Maggie, our resident Spring Fairy, ballerina badass and mighty Baroness of Old Temple! Your Shanachie family is very proud of you! ”Though she be but little, she is fierce!” -William Shakespeare[/b]

Mairead Harker

• Adult Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2019, 09:42:35 PM »
End of April 2019

Maggie was thrilled to have been honored her theater family! Maggie shined with a weapon in her hand. It was the theater, however, and those the brought the stories to life that gave her a place to belong just as she was. Concessions were made for her school work. Otherwise, she was expected to work and cooperate with the troupe as everyone else was. Maggie enjoyed that! When she first started with the Shanachie, Mataya had made her expectations clear.

"Thank you, so much!" Hugs and various thank yous were offered to those in attendance.
"Then again, what do I know, I'm a kid."

Cygnet

• Wyrmling
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: The Green Room
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2019, 09:31:17 PM »

Opening night of Sleeping Beauty, along with opening night of the ballet's latest season, deserved something a little special. And perhaps a bit of the White Cat's feisty playfulness still hung in the air from dress rehearsal as the Green Room and various dressing rooms mysteriously filled with a selection of anonymously gifted bouquets.

The corps' slightly more modest bouquets of delicate white and purple flowers with lacy heart-shaped leaves were accompanied by cards reading simply "D'un Chat Aux Petits Rats." Those who were more unfamiliar with the intricacies of horticulture would probably only realize after the show, based on the piqued interest of every street cat in the Sanachie's general vicinity, that the bouquet was entirely catnip.

The principals, on the other hand, received much more complicated and perhaps seemingly random arrangements of flowers; lilies of the valley for purity and the delicate grace of the Fairy of the Crystal Fountain, joyful and vibrant red roses for the Enchanted Garden Fairy and the forceful Fairy of the Golden Vine, wheat stalks for the generous Fairy of the Woodland Glade and the beauty-bestowing Enchanted Garden Fairy, feathers for the Fairy of Songbirds, pink carnations for the Fairy of the Woodland Glade (alternately called the Carnation Fairy), and of course lilacs. Oh, and more catnip tucked in amongst the rest for good measure. It wouldn't be fair for the corps to have all the feline fun.

Winter Pearl

• Young Wyrm
    • View Profile
Re: The Green Room
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2019, 02:12:30 AM »
Pearl left a note of thanks on the green room's bulletin board. The Harker family's cat, Patches, as well as Diamond, the resident feline at the Garden Tower, would be gifted with a share of the catnip in her bouquet.
"But precious light is protected, harbored in the souls of Unicorns, the most mystical of all creatures." - Legend