Dragon's Mark Home
Dragon's Mark

Welcome, traveler!
( Member login. Not a member? Register here. )

Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Forum Help
Dragon's Mark and the RDI will be merging into one forum. If you are looking for a place to post and play follow this link: Red Dragon Inn

Have an arch nemesis you'd like to fight to the death?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Writers & Role-Players Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaryRead
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

Location: Having been absent from the realm for years, she has recently returned for unknown purposes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Have an arch nemesis you'd like to fight to the death? Reply with quote

Seeking those who would like to have a (preferably) fatal battle before a crowd of witnesses. This need not only be people looking to settle an epic grudge, though I for one would appreciate such drama. All thrill seekers are welcome!

Does anyone else remember how fun Death Matches used to be? The Bonny Corporation is looking to exploit the sport of death, and at long last christen the arena on the grounds of Club Babylon. We are having an event on Devil's Night (October 30th not 31st).

I was planning on doing the entire party in the forums but a battle may be better served being done in live play and than written up and posted after... I'm open to suggestions.

Please post your thoughts or contact me by PM.
Kruger
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Matches, we talking old school guilds here? I remember DM's how many Rez's are we allowing and does that require a guild healer to perform? LOL. Will I be able to dust off my old dual d85's? There might be some interest if you can be a little more specific. Wink
MaryRead
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

Location: Having been absent from the realm for years, she has recently returned for unknown purposes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least someone knows what I am talking about Wink I haven't had a lot of OOC interactions so I honestly don't know how many people here would be interested. But I for one would love to see it happen! Wouldn't have to be just DM's either really. People could challenge each other to an SM - set whatever terms... I am completely open to suggestions.

The whole point of Rhy'Din is not just to write but to write together. I want to collaborate on this idea. I'm putting it out there, hoping everyone will tell me what they think.

I'm trying to put together something special for the arena. I want it to be more than just some battle, I want it to be real.

I am coordinating a lot right now so it'd take some doing. I need help to make this happen.
Gothrak
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hiya, I'm new, but I LOVE this idea.
The only combat style role playing I did before coming here was pure description non-god mode type battles with a lot of give and take from both sides of the battle.

Since starting to play on RDI, I really like the Duel system they have...but I also find it lacking in a cool cohesive fight.

I would love to have my character fight with someone for the pure fun of it. If anyone would like to battle him, send me a message and we can work something out for the day to make it epic and worthy entertainment for all.
MaryRead
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I would be honored if you would grace our arena with a worthy battle! Please tell me there is someone out there willing to see this happen???

I was actually thinking about making that part of the event a live thing and maybe have it written up for the forum after the fact? But that way part of the party could take place in the rooms which is much better for socialization's sake... Not to mention fights are more intense when live.

Midnight on Devil's Night - it'd be perfect. Kick off Halloween right! Everyone can write up their intro in the thread I'll be starting in Club Babylon and anyone who wants to come out and really play can attend the fight Twisted Evil

And following the main event... If people start feeling frisky and daring they could engage in some of their own challenges Wink
CM
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the *Like* button???? Laughing
Great idea!
Huh
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The live-play thing is an awesome idea and if it goes that way then I can't wait to bring my char out to at least watch!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Writers & Role-Players Wanted All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: