Dragon's Mark Home
Dragon's Mark

Welcome, traveler!
( Member login. Not a member? Register here. )

Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Forum Help

RDI Forum Issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maxim Ivanovich
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: RDI Forum Issues Reply with quote

Just an FYI, the following are a couple of issues I've noticed and experienced in the last couple of days on the RDI side of things ...

- Posts that include multiple links show up as blank posts on the boards. If you delete the links/HTML, they post fine.

- Profile pics (portraits and avatars) have disappeared on some newer member profiles. Not sure why.

Just thought someone might want to know.

Thanks!
DemiBob
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some posts and profiles display strange characters instead of normal text. Not all text seems affected. The issue is retroactive and seems to affect old posts. I assume it has something to do with text being copy and pasted from outside RDI, such as when a post is written on Google Docs and then posted.
Lucius DeAuster
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a fix underway for the quotation mess ups on the forums? The problem has also hit at least one screen name.

Edit: I've been told that the problem has been fixed with newer posts. Do we have to go back and edit older posts manually?

And the Warrior whispered back
"I am the storm"

-Anon
BW
DM Admin
DM Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's almost certainly a conversion problem, going from the older MySQL database to the new one which is a different product.

As Collie mentioned elsewhere, they saw this before on ME and ended up having to repair their posts manually.

We're looking to see if it is possible to do it on the back end via a script, but I can't promise anything - especially if doing so might cause further problems.

EDIT: I've gone through and fixed it for the folders themselves - a number of folder descriptions and at least one folder title had these issues, they're all corrected now.

--BW
Katt Batten
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let the admin know, the inventory items seems to be gone now too. The images are broken so they don't show in profiles but are there, description wise, when you click on the word inventory in the profile itself.
Amaltea
DM Admin
DM Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katt Batten wrote:
Just to let the admin know, the inventory items seems to be gone now too. The images are broken so they don't show in profiles but are there, description wise, when you click on the word inventory in the profile itself.

We have problems with the inventory tool and we are still working on it. The images missing is a side effect of the work being done.
JewellRavenlock
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amaltea wrote:
Katt Batten wrote:

We have problems with the inventory tool and we are still working on it. The images missing is a side effect of the work being done.

Thank you for working on that! <3 I'll save my Beltane stuff to give out for a while Smile
Xenograg
DM Admin
DM Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your continued patience. I am working to resolve all these issues in a permanent fashion. That takes longer than a quick hack.
"The stupidest creative act is still a creative act, and that the real gap isn't between the mediocre and great work. The real gap is between getting started and doing nothing. If you've created something, even if it's stupid, you've put yourself in a position to do more." - Clay Shirky
Arthour
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

Location: RDI, The Marketplace or Bristle Crios Mage House. Most likely he'll be around Mai Silverblood.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, are you telling me it's *NOT* as easy as this?!

Teacher at the Academy of Bristle Crios.
A member of the Circle of Bristle Crios, Mage House Representative.

Not the 'Retiring' Type.
Andu Kirost
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Just an FYI Reply with quote

I don't really know what all has to be done behind the scenes, but just an FYI, a program I have found very useful when I have a mass of files I have to edit in similiar ways is Max's HTML Beauty. It has an "Find & Replace all in folder" option as an advanced editing option.

http://www.htmlbeauty.com/

Andu Kirost.
Simon Toews
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthour wrote:
Wait, are you telling me it's *NOT* as easy as this?!
Of course not! Have you ever SEEN Hackers? It involves a lot of flying around in weird clothes that will never be cool.

Also, Matthew Lillard is there.

"And it's sick that all these battles
Are what keeps me satisfied"
Ammy Spiritor
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all. Sorry to be a pain, but I've run into a snag on the forum posts. Not sure what got flipped, dipped, broke or errored, but a lot of my July posts are now garbled anywhere there is a Hyphen or Quotation Marks. The image below shows what the posts are doing:

I've tried editing them, deleting the text and pasting from a fresh copy/paste function from my Microsoft Word File but the same garbling happens.

The text in that image should look like this:

“She couldn’t have gone far. The monastery gave the cry of theft at moonrise. She has to be on this path.” A male voice rumbled as the sound of claws ticked along the stone steps. The sound of chuffing breath and an annoyed rumble of a mangled purr echoed in the darkness.

“And what if she isn’t heading for a ship, Rolphio? If I was our elder Crusader now painted as a thief of the Golden Crosses and branded a heretic, I wouldn’t risk running for a port. All the piers are guarded by Crusaders. She’ll be caught if she heads there like a foolish kitten. I wager a rotaran she took her Belt of Mercy and her father’s sword up the coast to the cliffs of Sanrina; plenty of caves to hide in there.” A female voice, soft and high to the rumbling growl of the male drifted into the windswept evening.

“Always making the cheap bet. Step it up Calipo. Your family just came into their quest. Your Belt of Mercy is full of rotaran. Three rotaran she’s slinking into Port Tabitha while we chase our tails. You sure Commander Stelphin caught her scent on this trail? He’s not exactly a young Felissii.” Rolphio said.

(Observational note: Dragons Mark Forum here seems to recognize the right coding for pasting in from text files. I just copied and pasted this segment from my file and it works fine here in Dragons Mark Forum. Is there a way RDI can function coding wise just like Dragons Mark Forum?)
Mallory
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using this site to fix things in the interim. Any single-character ellipsis (… as opposed to ...) as well as accented letters also seem to be affected. I haven't found a tool to convert those, but Google Docs allows you to turn off the ellipsis conversion under Tools -> Preferences. Hopefully Microsoft Word has a similar option!
Lucius DeAuster
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went into a post to try to remove the symbols, but unlike last time these symbols were not visible in the edit box. Don't know if that helps or not.

And the Warrior whispered back
"I am the storm"

-Anon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Ask the Staff All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: